#GoingFor55 - Is it really achievable?

People are getting overly excited. We couldn't beat a piss poor celtc team with a joke manager last season.

This seasons celtc will be far far tougher.

2nd sure. 1st out and out genius or miracle.

Our team/squad has been improved with quality players,we are a better team than last season. I don't think anyone is getting over excited,excited aye!,and quite right IMO,last season I felt if we played to our best we could beat anyone,I believe the same this season!

Our team/squad has been improved with quality players,we are a better team than last season. I don't think anyone is getting over excited,excited aye!,and quite right IMO,last season I felt if we played to our best we could beat anyone,I believe the same this season!

Fair enough but People are talking about us winning the league by

15 points others about how we beat them easily last year.

In response to Ian I watched most of the highlights of premier games last season and agree that most of the teams are not of a good standard,but looking at the standard of a few it is a big step up.

Tunnel vision should not let us get carried away and my previous post about winning the lottery was tongue in cheek as I am aware of how long these odds are and agree with Tannochside regards third .

In response to Ian I watched most of the highlights of premier games last season and agree that most of the teams are not of a good standard,but looking at the standard of a few it is a big step up.

Tunnel vision should not let us get carried away and my previous post about winning the lottery was tongue in cheek as I am aware of how long these odds are and agree with Tannochside regards third .

I don't think anyone is really expecting it to be easy,the question is can we challenge for the title and I think most fans believe we can challenge,it will take a momentous effort,but we have a very decent team/squad and we play good football,the new signings are very good signings and you would also expect the new players last season will improve this season as well, so IMO there is no reason we should not expect to challenge.

This is brilliant lads! We are so ready for these Yahoos, so f*****g ready lol!!! Second is last, if we beat them on the last day again, by one point or better by goal difference (one of the best days of my life!) can you imagine?

We would all have serious heart issues, we might even lose a few if they already have them ha ha lol.

I don't see us winning the League.

Defense is/has been our weak point for a few seasons, and I'm not sure MW has put enough importance on strengthening it. Will be interesting to see if if he tweeks the system during the season.

It's a big ask to finish first. Though Celtic have pissed a lot of it away on mediocrity, they've got a lot more cash than us. I'd take four or five of our midfielders ahead of any of theirs but Grifftiths is the best goal scorer in the division and Toure the best centre back. With the new manager and a couple of decent signings in Toure and Dembele, they'lll be significantly better than last season, IMHO. That said, I'm pretty confident last season's team would have been top four and we're looking much stronger.

Realistically, and it's not going to be popular, I'd settle for us being competitive and staying in the mix for the title until late season, playing good stuff, improving and building for the season after.

I disagree with the article about Hill, incidentally. I think he'll play when fit, probably alongside Wilson. Think we need his organisational skills and experience if we're to reduce the number of soft goals we concede.

I saw a big difference in the defending of Tavernier. I think he has been training in not being so gung ho. The on field coaching of Barton will obviously help him no ends. I think with Rossiter, Barton and Forrester\Halliday in midfield there will be few occasions that other teams get at our defence unless it is a long ball.

I think with Rossiter, Barton and Forrester\Halliday in midfield there will be few occasions that other teams get at our defence unless it is a long ball.

So we need to practice an Italian style offside strategy to negate that long ball shit which according to reports of last nights Aberdeen match is largely all they do.

Aberdeen branded long-ball merchants three times in just two minutes by Maribor boss