[FT] Rangers 1 (Mee og 75) - 3 Burnley (Gray 5 pen, 17, 53)

up the road for two weeks and have treated my self to a couple of tickets for the burnley and hamilton games. games cant come quick enough! I am already bracing myself for the thunderous roar when the team walks out against the accies! Hoping to see rossiter feature in the midfield. the boy oozes class. think hallidays days will be numbered now hes turned up.

Interesting. Do he and Barton not play essentially in the same position? I would have thought that he (and I think he's mainly right-footed) is seen as perhaps the long term replacement for Barton rather than as a complement to him.

MARK WARBURTON has made two changes to the side which will take to the Ibrox pitch against Premier League Burnley this afternoon.

From the team that defeated Stranraer 3-0 on Monday night, out go Danny Wilson and Harry Forrester, with Clint Hill and Kenny Miller coming in for them.

That means the starting XI is a back five of Wes Foderingham in goals, James Tavernier, Rob Kiernan, Clint Hill and captain Lee Wallace.

In midfield, Joey Barton will sit with Niko Kranjcar and Andy Halliday in front of him, while up front, Barrie McKay and Martyn Waghorn will support Kenny Miller.

There are eight substitutes on the Rangers bench, with Warburton planning to use all but one of them.

Goalkeeper Matt Gilks will come on for Foderingham at half time, while on the hour mark, Lee Hodson, Danny Wilson, Jordan Rossiter, Joe Dodoo, Michael O’Halloran and Harry Forrester will all make their bow.

The subs bench is completed by youngster Jordan Thompson.

Today’s game is live on RangersTV.tv all over the world, including the UK and Ireland with commentary brought to you by Tom Miller and Peter Lovenkrands.

RANGERS: Foderingham; Tavernier, Kiernan, Hill, Wallace; Halliday, Barton, Kranjcar; McKay, Miller, Waghorn.

SUBS: Gilks, Hodson, Wilson, Rossiter, Dodoo, O’Halloran, Forrester, Thompson.

http://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/two-changes-clarets/

I'm disappointed to see Miller starting, for as good as he was last season, I was hoping to do without him this season -- except for the odd game. But, it's a strong team. Looking forward to seeing how Hill and Kiernan -- and the defense in general -- do against a better outfit.

Miller was probably the striker who needs game time most, as he could not hit the goal, no matter what. After all, it is a pre-season friendly. Hugh Burns and Tom Miller were arguing during one of our previous games that it could well be that Hill was down for a more regular starting slot, and it is up to Wilson and Kiernan to make the second spot theirs. Thus far, Hill has been rather effective.