Celtic face yet another UEFA rap as fans fly Palestine flags

I understand the Scottish Government legislation OBAF. But why for example when a Basque club play the banner below is shown but no action taken? If no slogans are used is it ok to fly Palestinian flag?

467904248-relatives-of-basque-prisoners-hold-banners-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7Qfy0krYi3NhnyAhYZ1XvCcnkMf8O0lVkx951G36ZXgrCVepJZdEfJuUtQ5t903GLgw%3D%3D

Are that Basque club's fans waving or showing that banner in a UEFA competition or a Spanish competition ? If UEFA then action should be taken, as it should with Celtic. If a Spanish competition I can't imagine they have such ridiculous legislation as Scotland's OBFA.

Are that Basque club's fans waving or showing that banner in a UEFA competition or a Spanish competition ? If UEFA then action should be taken, as it should with Celtic. If a Spanish competition I can't imagine they have such ridiculous legislation as Scotland's OBFA.

That's just a picture from Google. But if you watch any of their teams in Europe you will see the banner which I think says "prisoners back to the homeland".

Should also add that the basque flag appears at every game with no problems.

Edited by BEARGER

I understand the Scottish Government legislation OBAF. But why for example when a Basque club play the banner below is shown but no action taken? If no slogans are used is it ok to fly Palestinian flag?

467904248-relatives-of-basque-prisoners-hold-banners-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7Qfy0krYi3NhnyAhYZ1XvCcnkMf8O0lVkx951G36ZXgrCVepJZdEfJuUtQ5t903GLgw%3D%3D

Were/are they shown at UEFA governed games? It would boil down to that here. What happens in the UK and is allowed is a matter of its own, as we see week in and week out at the Scumhut and them waving banners in support of an proscribed organization.

Were/are they shown at UEFA governed games? It would boil down to that here. What happens in the UK and is allowed is a matter of its own, as we see week in and week out at the Scumhut and them waving banners in support of an proscribed organization.

Ok, get your piont. So it will be ok in all Spanish games.

I was at the Alaves v Liverpool cup final in 2001, there were hundreds of those banners on show.

You are being disingenuous. I don't disagree that a Lada is a crap car; I believe, however, that it is not the only crap car.

How am I being disingenuous when you repeat what I said? I don't think you have understood my post and instead gone for what you think you will hear.

I am no advocate of religion, but I don't think that all the ills of bodies politic, societal, economic can be laid exclusively at its various doors.

I never said it was exclusive and took efforts to say so, but I believe it obviously causes a load of ills where there might be a lot less without it. Read my post. The Palestinian issue is a perfect example.

The leaders with most blood on their hands in the 20thC were Hitler, Stalin, Mao, and, probably Pol Pot, all of whom embraced secular ideologies.

Hitler was known to be quite religious so you're wrong there, and Stalin trained as a Priest, Pol Pot had Buddhist and Catholic teachings and I'm sure he used divine guidance as an excuse for his atrocities, with some kind of "new start".

Secular ideologies - I don't think that's very accurate. But I already dealt with all this in my previous post:

I'll say again

"The good do good, the evil do evil, but for good people to do evil takes religion".

Taking religion away doesn't take away all evil, but it takes away a big chunk of it.

Bad government, unfortunately, is not restricted to "non -secular" societies.

I already said that in my post - did you actually read it?

The thing is a lot of the secular ones you listed changed after the deaths of those leaders you talk about. What do you think of Germany now? And compare it to Iran, since they became a religious state...

So which are your list of 5 best governments in the world? Are they secular or non-secular?

Maybe you should have a closer look at the history of Israel, post 1947, and establish just how many wars of aggression that state actually started.

Of course Israeli governments may be criticised, but if you had neighbours like they have.......

Neighbours who have been there for 2000 years who are suddenly ethnically cleansed when a people who never had a country decide they want one of their own. Not my view but that of Isaac Asimov, science friction writer and Jew who refused to rejoice in 1948. Noam Chomsky calls Israel a 'terrorist state' and he is Jewish. Some folk on here need to avoid using terms like 'scum' when referring to Palestine and not applying them to Israel. But then our precious government supports the Zionist state and calls anyone who opposes it 'anti-semitic': dangerous, easy labelling which assumes that nation states are never in the wrong.

Scratch an "anti-Zionist", and very often, you will find an anti-Semite, hidden underneath.

Oh, and those who condemn Blair's Iraq war, as illegal, because it did not have the imprimatur of the UN,

are frequently the self same people who condemn the very existence of state of Israel, although it was founded by UN Mandate.

Go figure.

And let's not forget that Hamas is an anti democratic, repressive, anti-liberal, sectarian, Islamist terror organisation, nor that Hezbollah

has as one of its primary goals the elimination of Israel, and that it actively (militarily) supports that nice man Bashar al- Assad in his slaughter of his own people,

by poison gas, barrel bombs, etc, acting for, and on behalf of, those equally well intentioned theocrats in Tehran.

That's what the mainstream media wish you to believe;Hamas have proposed a two state solution for Palestine in the past and has been rejected by Israel.

You could not be more wrong to equate anti Zionism and anti semitism. My wife studied Judaism and synagogue friends of hers told her in no uncertain terms just how repressive Zioinists really are. In 2011 Israeli workers demonstrated for basic union rights. i would support them as I would Palestinian workers.

For me Israel are nutters and Palestine are nutters - kind of reflective of non-secular societies.

I don't know how any rational person can empathise with either side.

Well in that case try empathising with the working classes of both sides who are victims of the divide and rule policy of imperialists and nation states everywhere.

I'm sorry but in my opinion, Ladas were crap. Just because one of them lasted 10 years doesn't make it generally good, even if you liked it. I've driven a couple and they are crap to drive - exceptionally so, I've been in quite a few and they are crap to be in, I've seen a lot and they are crap to look at... They have crap performance, crap handling, crap equipment, and I'll bet they are crap in safety tests.

If you like it then hey, fine, good on you, but it doesn't make them good cars. Sorry. Maybe it's relative where they were better than a Trabant?

Anyway, I was just using it as an analogy and it's the worst car I can think of - we really can't use Skodas now, although they are ugly... :)

Ok, swap Lada for Reliant Robin...

Well in that case try empathising with the working classes of both sides who are victims of the divide and rule policy of imperialists and nation states everywhere.

I can do that to an extent, although with the nature of things it's probably more like sympathy.