Celtic face yet another UEFA rap as fans fly Palestine flags

Israel is a regional super power and a nuclear one at that. Since 1948 they have invaded and annexed parts of surrounding countries. The west bank, golan heights in Syria, Lebanon and Egypt.

Spare me the guff that paints anyone who speaks against this as anti semitic...it's pathetic !

the former PM of Israel Menachin Began was part of a terrorist group that bombed British soldiers and their families in the King David Hotel, and strung up 2 british army sergeants in an orchard ( like the IRA execution of 2 soldiers who happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time).

I don't think anyone on here speaks up for Israel.

Using "anti-Semitic" is as toxic as it is vogue by those Jews who see enemies at every corner. The use of "anti" has become very liberal in recent times and you have to look carefully who is using it and against whom.

Scratch an "anti-Zionist", and very often, you will find an anti-Semite, hidden underneath.

Oh, and those who condemn Blair's Iraq war, as illegal, because it did not have the imprimatur of the UN,

are frequently the self same people who condemn the very existence of state of Israel, although it was founded by UN Mandate.

Go figure.

And let's not forget that Hamas is an anti democratic, repressive, anti-liberal, sectarian, Islamist terror organisation, nor that Hezbollah

has as one of its primary goals the elimination of Israel, and that it actively (militarily) supports that nice man Bashar al- Assad in his slaughter of his own people,

by poison gas, barrel bombs, etc, acting for, and on behalf of, those equally well intentioned theocrats in Tehran.

For me Israel are nutters and Palestine are nutters - kind of reflective of non-secular societies.

I don't know how any rational person can empathise with either side.

How well are the secular societies with secular governments, of, say, Zimbabwe, Democratic Republic of Congo, North Korea, doing these days?

How well are the secular societies with secular governments, of, say, Zimbabwe, Democratic Republic of Congo, North Korea, doing these days?

Strange question. If I said, don't buy a Lada, they are crap cars, your answer would be that there are plenty of non-Ladas that are crap, therefore I'm wrong? That's quite a fallacy.

Here's the thing, good people do good, evil people do evil, for good people to do evil, takes religion.

You don't think that maybe the middle east would be a better place without being ruled by religion?

As for North Korea - secular? Isn't their leader seen as some kind of demigod with divine right to rule?

But that kind of shows you haven't really thought about it. I never said secular government was a panacea - due to evil people. But get rid of religious government - and evil government, and I promise the world will be a better place...

Edited by calscot

Just wondering if anyone actually thinks, if you have two neighbouring countries that have a contradictory belief systems that say that they are the only important people in the world and all others are pretty much worthless in comparison, that they have the right to take what land they think has been promised them by some ancient book, by extreme force, and that they believe that genocide is a good and just way to achieve this - that they are ever going to get on?

Now what parts of that would them turning secular solve?

Edited by calscot

There has just been an msp been on lbc radio giving the Celtic fans and the green brigade her full backing ,how pathetic

Don't MSP's, or MP's in general, understand that UEFA, football's governing body, have their own legislation which prohibits clearly political statements. Not sure how Celtic fans could deny this is a political statement. Ergo, they are in contravention of UEFA's rules.

MP's condoning what they did is akin to condoning anarchy. UEFA's rules contravened today, rule of law contravened tomorrow.....