Rangers 2 - 1 Motherwell

I thought Barton and Rossiter were our better players. Rossiter is always looking for the ball and pass, he can distribute it good. Barton is always looking to break up an attack on us, tough tackler, something we have been sorely missing, he can pass a good ball too. I think these two will be a mainstay of our defense this season going on their performances so far.

Edited by aweebluesoandso

As such the only criticsm id maybe offer is that he didnt change things a wee bit earlier.

Theirin lies a major problem, he seems totally unwilling to do this.Its not helping things. imo.

He did though. Usually he makes subs just after the hour but on Saturday he made two subs on the 56th minute. OK, not too much earlier (I'd have preferred at half-time or even before) but enough of a difference to show he's willing to adapt where necessary.

As I posted in the other thread, there's also the argument even earlier subs may not have had the same impact as Motherwell were still a bit fresher then.

I thought Barton and Rossiter were our better players. Rossiter is always looking for the ball and pass, he can distribute it good. Barton is always looking to break up an attack on us, tough tackler, something we have been sorely missing, he can pass a good ball too. I think these two will be a mainstay of our defense this season going on their performances so far.

Were far too close together. Seem to be trying to take up the same position.

Saying hes willing to change by making subs 4 mins earlier than usual is stetching it a bit.

The game was allways retreivable at 1-0 so it gave him leeway.Lets see how he does when things are going badly against us in a first half.

Making changes at 2-0 or 3-0 down midway through the second half will make him look inept.

Saying hes willing to change by making subs 4 mins earlier than usual is stetching it a bit.

The game was allways retreivable at 1-0 so it gave him leeway.Lets see how he does when things are going badly against us in a first half.

Making changes at 2-0 or 3-0 down midway through the second half will make him look inept.

It's not stretching it. You were the one that said a wee bit earlier. This season we've made the subs around 62-64mins so it was a full 8 minutes earlier which is a big change from the norm.

The manager is quite clearly confident in his substitution strategy and, by and large, so far it's worked as we win far more games than we draw or lose. And it worked on Saturday as much as the rest of us experts didn't agree with it.

Edited by Frankie

Still some utterly mad scheduling.

You can bet your bottom dollar that after the cut we will have an extra away game against Hearts or Aberdeen. They wouldn't dare to make it Parkhead. Would They?????

It's not stretching it. You were the one that said a wee bit earlier. This season we've made the subs around 62-64mins so it was a full 8 minutes earlier which is a big change from the norm.

The manager is quite clearly confident in his substitution strategy and, by and large, so far it's worked as we win far more games than we draw or lose. And it worked on Saturday as much as the rest of us experts didn't agree with it.

Ok,do you think he would be willing to make tatical changes on say 25-30 mins if things are obviously going tits up?

Going on the past ,it would appear to be no.I hope he proves me wrong.

Ok,do you think he would be willing to make tatical changes on say 25-30 mins if things are obviously going tits up?

Going on the past ,it would appear to be no.I hope he proves me wrong.

No, he's already proven that he'd rather persevere with Plan A rather than changing anything substantially. He's said so many times and that's happened in games against St Johnstone and Hibs last season where we've been 0-2 down.

I think bringing forward his usual subs by a few mins is as gung-ho as it will get in that sense. And it's worth noting we almost/should have drawn both the defeats above despite not changing the way we played all that much.