Rangers 2 - 1 Motherwell

It wasn't until watching dbs highlights that I noticed just how empty it was at full time? IMHO it is so disheartening when folk start walking out on 75mins, by 85 the place looks 1/3 empty.

I know we go on about it, and unless you are infirm or have kids I genuinely don't understand. Those who do it imo let us all down, especially going into the dying minutes of an important game at 1-1.

I think it was mentioned by GS in another post but a lot of them will be the same ones booing the side off at HT!

I actually heard a guy on the Snyde phone in on a he way back last night say he left at half time as we were so bad!

If that guy is reading this, if you can't support your team, don't come back, give your seat to a real supporter!.

Look at Wilson marking McDonald at the goal. One of 4 or 5 really bad individual errors that led to the goal, as others have pointed out about how the ball got to even come into our box was awful play, Kiernan's big jessie attempt to block the shot, and Wilson ball-watching as McDonald peels off him into space for the ball to arrive. He looked miles offside from my seat, but on replays looks very close due to Wilson statuesque positioning.

Miller again has 3 easy chances and takes only one, as well as contributing the square root of hee-haw for the rest of the game while playing centrally. I maintain the only contribution he can make is as coming off the bench and coming in off the wide position late in the game. He scored a few at the start of last season like this and it keeps him out of the central position where he does nothing and is never available in a centre forward position to either take the ball to hold up, or be ready to get the ball and shoot.

Halliday needs to be taken out the team, he is contributing nothing. It seems he hasn't a clue where he is supposed to be playing and what his role is supposed to be. Mr anonymous.

Barton had a mare yesterday, never stopped trying but nothing came off for him. He will have better days for sure. Rossiter was poor also. He is going to need to be drip fed in and out of the team this season, his lack of experience and first team games in his career will show as the weeks go on if we dont look after him properly.

Clint Hill must be wondering why he bothered. If Warburton thinks dumb & dumber are better centre backs than Hill, then Clint may as well go home just now. MW is looking like a stubborn fool with the continual playing of this failed partnership. The fact I am now desparately pinning my hopes on Crooks, a guy who last played 6 months ago for Accrington, and was so good in defence they moved him into midfield, is not good. Senderos (and/or another) has to be signed and playing on Friday night to give him the chance to at least get some action before the OF game which is looming large and is looking scary with Griffiths on fire, Sinclair hitting the ground running, and even Forrest being talked about as on form.

We all knew last season's team wasnt good enough. A work in progress. We signed 9 or so players in the summer and thought good, we have strengthened. Then MW only plays two of them and we wonder why we look rubbish. Its not rocket science, its what we all could see all last season. Of the nine players signed, most are being used as backups, so the squad might be stronger, but the starting 11 had to be strengthened and if MW thinks last years players are better, why did he sign these new guys?

On top of this, the flow and tempo is all wrong. Gone are the lovely triangles, closing down high up the pitch, midfielders running into space at all times, energy, skill and confidence all over the pitch have been replaced with slow passing, no movement, nobody beating a man, a real lack of confidence showing throughout the side. That of course can change quickly and we must hope this starts on Friday.

We have only played bottom 6 teams to date and have struggled to put any of them away, dropping points against Hamilton and almost repeating the crime against Motherwell. Far tougher tasks lie ahead, September is looking ominous already with difficult trips to celtic & aberdeen lined up.

This next 10 days before the window shuts is going to be important and I am pleased we have signed a striker, but it is at the back we need major surgery and we must not arrive at Sep 1 without at least one centre half coming in, although in all reality we need three centre backs coming in and three going out, but thats not going to happen so hopefully we can get Senderos/Hill into the team for Friday and perhaps get another proper centre half before the piggery.

It's a funny thing about football that different people seem to see entirely different things. I didn't see most of the game yesterday but regarding Barton this is a comment on a Motherwell forum post match.

As much as it pains me to say it, Joey Barton was excellent. Every time we broke away, he seemed to be there putting pressure on and snuffing out the danger. Marvin Johnson will be having nightmares about him tonight.

I can't disagree with anything that you have said Tannoch. Make no mistake if it's those two at the back at the piggery we will be embarrassed. The only thing I would disagree on is that maybe MW dosnt see hill fitting with D+D?? Although as you say if we are pinning our hopes on crooks it's hardly a confident place to be?

Aside from defensive frailties something that concerns me about our visit across the city is that any new recruits such as Garner and Senderos have little time to be bedded in before it plus the manager also recently said that he thought Waghorn would be fit for it but is Waghorn going to be put into it less than match fit like in the cup final?

On a positive note they too appear to have defensive frailties after shipping two in each if their last two matches which we can take advantage of if we just start converting the chances.

Funnily enough we currently have the best defensive record in the league.

Maybe we are better getting rid of MW and his players and go back to the football we had to endure under McCoist , McDowell and Mccall

Let's not forget Motherwell destroyed us home and away in the play offs not so long ago.

We are far from the finished article but far from as bad as some are making out - did we really believe we could be transformed into Barca-esque in 14 month?

Maybe we are better getting rid of MW and his players and go back to the football we had to endure under McCoist , McDowell and Mccall

Let's not forget Motherwell destroyed us home and away in the play offs not so long ago.

We are far from the finished article but far from as bad as some are making out - did we really believe we could be transformed into Barca-esque in 14 month?

Nobody is saying that,they are just voicing their opinions.

Calling players dumb and dumber - yeah that's just voicing an opinion.

A true opinion would suggest alternatives to the current 'issues' not just continual slating of players and management.

We are top of the league, unbeaten in competitive games - feck knows what the abuse levels would have reached if we hadn't had a decent start to the season.

I think Aberdeen currently have the best defensive record with just 1 conceded but only 2 scored in 3 matches. But in saying that i'm not disagreeing with your overall presumption that after 3 matches undefeated and sitting top of the league we're still far from the finished article but at this stage of a work in progress we have to be at least somewhat content with the progress in just 14 months.

Yes we want to win the league but the major priority is top 3 and so far while still in the process of gelling and strengthening still taking place we look well capable of that major priority.

We are still strengthening while the majority of the competition will be no better than they are right now. How many in that league would be exhilarated at the prospect of a new £1.5 million striker about to be introduced into the mix with possibly a vastly experienced CB on the cards too and all while they were sitting top of the table?

Again, it's far from the finished article but we have infinitely more to be looking forward to with enthusiasm than the others in that league do.