Rangers 2 - 1 Motherwell

He makes some valid points to be fair - but what he also fails to recognize is that football isn't solely about how much money you spend, it is about how the players gel as a team. You only need to look at Leicester for that.

So whilst nobody in Scotland can spend 3.5 million on a single player the amount you spend doesn't always mean you will win. A good manager, with a good philosophy, with players who play that way can and will perform well. Probably easiest said as "the whole is greater than the sum of the parts" which is what we are as a team.

McGhee is still a bellend though.

His hate for us always leads him to making these snide remarks before we play his teams. Long may it continue. I imagine Barton and co not being best pleased by any of his digs. Hopefully we can go out and get an early goal and dominate them start to finish Saturday. Teams will expend a lot of energy playing against us so if Motherwell haven't upped their game they'll be in trouble. Add to that that each week guys like Barton and Nico will be getting closer to full match fitness I think we should be looking to beat Motherwell pretty comfortably on Saturday

Has Mark McGhee been appointed as the new Rangers motivational speaker ?

Thanks for saying that Rangers aren't on Celtic's level Mark. Thanks for saying Motherwell are on Rangers level Mark.

I look forward to our players giving that extra 10% on the weekend to ram your words down your throat.

He should also take a look at his own fans forum where many of them think they are on to a 4 or 5-0 hiding. And personally I think that we have to click sometime with all the chances we create and this may possibly be it. If so it would be timely given that they just thrashed them. Put it into everyones head that we can be every bit as potent.

"We played them here and it was a clash of styles in a sense but it was a fairly even game and we felt a little unlucky to lose the way we did.

Possession: Motherwell 34% - Rangers 66%

Shots: Motherwell 13 - Rangers 20

Shots on target: Motherwell 3 - Rangers 7

I don't know where he gets fairly even and a little unlucky out of that and must also be forgetting that they got away with a stonewall penalty when one of theirs handled in the box and a stonewall foul just a yard outside the box and a goalie sent off when their goalie handled a yard outside the box. I call that lucky not unlucky.

They wont be so lucky again.