Rangers 2 - 1 Motherwell

Defending was poor at times, but it wasn't that bad today. The issue today was creating chances; and at that we really struggled. Yes M'well defended well with 5 men in the middle, but our movement and tempo was poor. We have to be better.

We did get better second half with a higher tempo and our midfield got on the ball more - Kranjcar especially got on the ball and had the vision to play vertical balls. Dodoo's movement is a lot better than any other player we have; and he can hold it up.

The chance at the end really pisses me off! O'Halloran through, and all he has to do is square it and the game is over; but he decides to take a difficult chance himself. His pace is a real asset but we're not using it well enough -- and his decision-making lets him down.

I'll take the 3 points, but good god that was hard!

Edited by Rousseau

Not lost a competitive gam this season - God help us when we do ?

3 games back in top flight with what is a brand new team and we have 7 points from a possible 9 and we are coasting in the League Cup.

Yes there is room from improvement as there always should be but let's take a step back and start looking at the positives for a change.

Thank sweary word for that. I still think that, results wise, while our defence is shaky, losing one goal should be fine; however, we need to be constantly scoring 2 or 3, and that's the bit that looks more deficient at the moment.

I realise, though, that if you lose a soft, early goal in this league, the opposition will defend resolutely, which makes it harder to score.

Top of the league again, in a virtual sense... ?

thought the defence looked better today especially as the game went on.its now the pressing and attacking that's the problem.Miller out on the left with dodoo in the middle seems a better option right now. That being said with the quality of the crossing from Tavernier, Garner is going to score a barrel load with the head. Krancjar when fully fit will destroy teams his flick in the middle of the park was sublime. Onwards and upwards

I'm more positive than most, but even I think the performances have not been too great. I agree with Cal that conceding a goal a game is not too bad. It's the lack of chances created that is really annoying me; and the last few games have seen us struggle in that regard.

But, 7 points is a decent return.

Edited by Rousseau

You can say what you want about Miller but if McKay was still on the field then the 2-1 would not have fallen, at least not in that attack as McKay stays wide. I posted during the week that McKay or wingers need to get to the back post when the ball comes down the other wing.

This season will be a(nother) learning thing. As Waghorn said, roundabout x-mas teams started to sit deep, defend and tried to hit uns on the break. It is what bigger teams always did at Ibrox and Motherwell was no different today. Got their lucky break with the goal, but we struggled for pace, bravery, and quality play in the first half. We got better in the second and got our reward.

Kranjcar brought that bit of quality that was required with a sublime pass to Miller and Forrester was there to cooly slot it home. And then Miller was there to slot in the winner from a lose ball, again involving Niko.

What we lacked today (and before) was a real penalty box predator and I hope we got one with Gardner. Too many loose balls in their box weren't taken up. The defence was okay, since I won't expect them to deal with any attack 100% and why would we ask goals and super skill from our attackers, but no chance from the keeper to prove himself and write his name into the record books?! :D

Alas, it was good to listen to Miller, Waghorn and McLaren, good analysis, wrathful on an incompetent ref (McLaren counted at least 13 fouls commited by McDonald) and always optimistic.

Edited by der Berliner