Rangers 2 - 1 Motherwell

According to the BBC we had 18 shots but only 3 on target while Motherwell had half as many shots with 9 but also had 3 on target. Hopefully the introduction of Garner and the return of Waghorn will significantly increase the conversion rate because we should be winning games like this with room to spare.

The PNE fans are of the opinion that Garner only needs the service and he will put them away at a prolific rate with both head and feet.

I appreciate we are all glad to get the three points, however we are very poor and edgy in many areas. We could easily have been 2-0 down had it not been for a wonder save from Wes.

I have been trying to put my finger in what's wrong with other areas of the team. I honestly feel that through the team there is a collective fear of the quality of our two CH. They look like they have no confidence in them and it's affecting the performance. Imo that's a factor.

However today they were OK mainly due to Rossiter covering their arse a lot. There was no imagination in the front third, Barrie looked out of touch as did Halliday again imo. The first half was dreadful and hopefully when Waggy is back and Garner play that will help our problems regarding possession and lack of penetration in the final third.

We were slow and looked all at sea in the first half. When Nico came on I feel he made a big difference and we began to create chances. Again I felt MOH was a waste of a substitute??

Make no mistake we got out of jail today and we are not playing well. If we continue we will drop many more points as we still don't look like we are good enough to challenge the unwashed.

It was much better in the second half and hopefully I will be right re the team attitude with the CHs. Confidence will return if we can get our hands on a reliable quality CH and build reliability at the back.

Having said all that, 7pts out of 9 is a great start and we are top of the league, we have more than ridden our luck though and it won't last forever. Top of the league however, and it could have been a lot worse.

Edited by cooponthewing

I appreciate we are all glad to get the three points, however we are very poor and edgy in many areas.

I fully agree that it wasn't the convincing performance we would have desired but at the same time you highlight some points which though they may be viewed as negatives could also have a positive spin in the weeks and months ahead.

Make no mistake we got out of jail today and we are not playing well

Yet still took the 3 points so if we presume that we will get better hopefully with a new CB plus a new striker in Garner and a returning Waghorn and also the return to fitness of Windass and Crooks the fact we can win when not playing well with all these factors still to come into play has to be encouraging.

That's historically been seen as a mark of title contenders as is scoring late winners.

Just about had a heart attack there today. From where I was sitting the Motherwell goal looked a mile offside. The ref was an absolute joke - every time the goalie kicked the ball up to the Rangers half, the Motherwell player was just jumping into the Rangers player with no intention of getting the ball directly and not a single foul was given. I think this is where Rangers need to be a bit more clever and bite back.

Going forward was painful today - no real good runs apart from Forester who was getting some space on the right. Miller tended to drift so far back we were playing without a striker. Barton was the furthest player up the park at one point!

Pleased with the 3 points, but need to be much, much more ruthless if we are to think about winning the league.

Its hard to summarise it all up JFK, we were way way to deep in the first half with no forward penetration, I guess that was the tale of today. You are spot on that if we can still pick up 7/9 points while playing far from our best that is a sign of a good side and bodes well for the future.

I'm still not sure if Barton and Rossiter can work in the same side? Barton was playing further forward in the first half trying to link up and it wasn't working, Rossiter was playing the holding role. We are still geling and I appreciate that, the two first half performances against Hamilton and today v Motherwell were appalling though. Again as you quite rightly say, we still came away with a win and a last minute win, its could certainly be argued the team should take a lot from the win today and move forward as a collective unit with much more confidence:rfc: