[FT] Kilmarnock 1 - 1 Rangers (Tavernier 59)

Stevie Smith scored that magic free kick ala tavs....where was it again ?

Kris didnae kick a baw for us that season

Kris should have scored well over 20 goals that season and missed so many clear cut chances and sitters that it was unbelievable. That, and the fact that McCoist sent McKay away for that season was IMHO one of the main reasons that we stayed were we were. From our perspective.

Oh please !! Kranjcar did very little when he came on this evening and in the starts he had he was poor too.

Your hard on for Kranjcar isn't warranted at this point. Certainly is a quality player but hasn't provided enough influence in games as yet.

The hate fest for the managers timing of substitutions is sickening.

I don't agree. He made all the difference against Motherwell, for example and has scored twice already.

Kranjcar is a top quality International football player and his football brain is way ahead of the rest of the team, with the possible exception of Miller, but unfortunately he doesn't have the legs any more. At 32/33 he should still have the legs to perform for 90 minutes at SPL level; or at least to start and go 60/65 minutes till the games are won.

If you watch him closely you will see that he can hold the ball easily against three or four opponents (a la Hemdani), knows where and when to pass and then moves into position for the return. Time after time, however, he is standing with a 20 yard free radius around him but doesn't get the ball back. It was the same with R de Boer; both Kranjcar and de Boer are used to playing with top quality International pros, who know what to do when they get the ball. Our guys will need to learn how to play that way if we are going to get value from Kranjcar.

I have spoken to players who say that it takes 15/20 minutes at least to get up to speed in a game coming off the bench, sure there will be exceptions when players make an instant contribution but to perform consistently you need more than half an hour here or there. Warburton himself said that Kranjcar hasn't been challenged for three or four seasons, I fail to see how we will become match fit sitting on the bench.

Pretty dire performance tonight. Desperately need a centre half. Sums up Hill when I find myself wishing Danny Wilson was fit.

It is very early days but we are a long way off them and that's including watching how poor they were in Israel

Boyd running past Hill to score and Hill throwing in a slide when he knew he was beaten, about says it all.