[FT] Kilmarnock 1 - 1 Rangers (Tavernier 59)

I agree with what you have said. I also think teams will raise their game against us more than any other team this season, so we need to be more solid at the back. So far MW is building a team to play around Barton. When Holt is fit I would have him and Rossitter in the middle. I would even consider 3 at the back pushing Wallace and Tav further up. Not sure about up front right enough. There are so many attacking options yet we are struggling to score!

I agree with what you have said. I also think teams will raise their game against us more than any other team this season, so we need to be more solid at the back. So far MW is building a team to play around Barton. When Holt is fit I would have him and Rossitter in the middle. I would even consider 3 at the back pushing Wallace and Tav further up. Not sure about up front right enough. There are so many attacking options yet we are struggling to score!

A bit like a night out at Clouds in the olden days.:D

That was the worst 45 mins under Warbs we've played imo. First half we were dreadful. Folk moaning that Wallace isn't in the Scotland squad, LH must be wondering why he's on the bench. Captain or not he has been woeful this season. McKay and Barton need dropped. I think about 20 mins passed in the 2nd half where Miller was anonymous.

To win this league we needed to come out the traps flying! Our first 4 games were against relegation fodder and we've looked average against all 4. To go into this Old Firm behind them is a disgrace considering we'll have played a game more. Celtic are going to rip us a new one. Folk moaning that teams are raising their game against us, thats what happens when you play for Rangers.

I actually think there's an argument for playing 4-4-2 but it won't happen. Our midfield is non existent. It's sad but we don't look up for the fight at all. Mr King might need to spend some actual money next summer

I would have expected something like "Super 10-men Killie hold Rangers at bay", but the Mirror was even better:

Rangers escape with a point against 10-man Kilmarnock after X-rated red card tackle on Joey Barton

... and right in their second line they blunder along:

Kilmarnock 1-1 Rangers: Greg Taylor was given his marching orders for his challenge on the former QPR man before the visitors equalised

Taylor walked 4 minutes after Tav's goal.

BTW, MW spoke of four penalty decisions against us that he would have to see again. The media saw one for and one against us, so the rest was obviously not up for "debate", as we were not playing in grey-green.

Very few replays if any of the foul on Dodoo either.

BTW Mk.II, Smith should have walked too, after flooring McKay and then receiving a yellow for a professional foul somewhat later.

Highlights from Russian Rangers:

http://rangersfc.org/index.php?dn=news&to=art&id=1942

Edited by der Berliner

The first half was poor; far too slow and aimless. I think it's hilarious that the people that are -- rightly IMO -- moaning about the long balls we played last might were generally the same people demanding it last season. I don't think we were as bad defensively as it appeared. Apart from Boyd's sitter and his goal -- If Wilson is on the pitch, Boyd doesn't score as Wilson would be quicker at covering than Hill; not by much but he is quicker -- they were restricted to long range shots. Granted, some of the midfield shadowing was poor.

Looking back we actually created a fair number of very good chances, but the decision-making and finishing (especially from Forrester and Miller) was abysmal. McKay was awful and just couldn't get into the game, but when he did he created some good openings.

I thought Barton was better when he played the lone DM towards the end. And likewise, we looked better -- granted some of it was because we were a man up at the time -- when Halliday took up the role. We need more energy and creativity in midfield. I, like most on here, would prefer the 4-1-2-3, instead of the 4-2-3-1 we seem to be playing now. I did predict we may drift into this formation. Windass and Holt will be crucial to get back in the team. We need to play one of Barton and Rossiter in the DM. When both play we have a lack of energy and creativity in the midfield.

As annoyed at Miller as I am, I think the lack of movement in midfield is failing to use his movement (which is still ok). I'd still prefer he doesn't play now, except as a super-sub.

I was pleasantly surprised that Garner managed to get on the end of a couple of corners. He failed to hit the target but if he continues he should be a good threat from set-pieces. He did dive to win a penalty, but I really don't care if he did; it's about winning games at the end of the day. How many players in Europe 'draw the foul'?

I'm really starting to think there is something wrong with me because I agreed with Sutton all night! Case in point: I thought Hill hand-balled it; not deliberately, it was more of an instinctual reaction, but it was a hand-ball. It should have been a penalty, but fortunately the Referee -- who was awful and completely bottled it for most of the game -- couldn't see it. I think he's more complementary to a Rangers player than I'd expect from a former Tim. He's still an obnoxious twat, but I seem to agree with him on most ocassions -- what does that say about me?!

I never expected us to win the league, and never even expected us to challenge. All I wanted was top 3-4. For that to happen we need to beat bottom-half teams. This performance was not good enough. We've lost the spark we had last year. Like Craig said, we have no divine right to win leagues; it must come from hard graft and skill. I have no doubt we're grafting but we need to find that spark again.

Edited by Rousseau

No disrespect, but with so much lamentation oozing out of the board these last dozen hours, I fear that some won't make it alive beyond the 10th should we get beaten by the Scum ...

I know everyone's got an opinion on anything - and fair enough for a football board. But really, next to each game is put under the microscope and opinions won after it projected into a rather uncertain future as if they were unshakable truths. Perhaps people - for the time being - adjust their targets for the season and check how far we are away from relegation. Every point won will thus become a bonus! :nshappy:

Edited by der Berliner

I was irritated by I think it was 2 or 3 balls put right across the face of the Kilmarnock goal on the ground just feet out and nobody was there to just prod it in. And how many shots did we see all of which soared high over the bar? Can't they keep that ball down to at a minimum force a save from the goalie or maybe get a deflection? Get something rather than the sight of a ball soaring high over the bar?

I'm not a professional but when I played I could in general strike a ball without it launching into orbit. In saying that i'm still remaining confident that it will all click into place. We created enough chances to win it comfortably even while playing extremely poorly.