A league too far?

you know what we have played 4 games and not played great yet at the end of the day after 4 games we still sit in second place. that's still not bad going, just need to hope we gel faster than we seem to be doing. Need a centre half though, maybe two.

It's far from an ideal start but how many teams out there wouldn't be happy with undefeated and second in the league? And at this stage it's meaningless to bandy around that this is Rangers and more is expected from Rangers. This is a Rangers who are 2 minutes back in the top flight following a virtual armageddon.

I want to be sitting top like everyone else but if we only maintain our position all through the season that's a reasonable return following armageddon and I still expect performances to improve as the weeks pass by. Last night in an away match at Kilmarnock we had 19 shots in a game all agree we were woeful in.

We will improve and what's that going to look like when we play well.

I wouldn't have a problem if we played with the same pace, passion and intensity as at this stage last season but had lost a game, say last nights game, due to one of those days.

The fans frustration is solely down to the fact that the football is dreadful to watch so far this season, the dropping points is secondary. We had a great fixture draw to start the season and we have made a total mess of it. Yes, injuries haven't helped, but its the style of play, so lauded by us 12 months ago, that is so brutal today. I don't recall the same "new players bedding in" line last season when we won our first 10 or so games and played fast, pressing, moving, fluent, beautiful football.

Apart from in defence of course, where many fans, myself especially, called for patience to allow the new pairing of Wilson & Kiernan to bed in. Unfortunately by about the end of November it was clear that the problem was not bedding in, it was that the partnership doesn't work. Never mind we said, the manager will sort it in January surely. Many fans were puzzled when no centre half came in during the winter window. Must be keeping his powder dry till the summer. Must have someone lined up that can't come in during the season.

And still we wait............

We were fully warned by the Brentford fans who told us exactly how MW would set up, use subs, good to watch but dreadful at defending.

I am now reluctantly accepting that we are going to have to score at least two goals to win any match because our manager doesn't believe in defenders that defend first and foremost. I hope and pray that his philosophy works out because he is doing everything right off the field in rebuilding our club, is a great ambassador for our club and deserves our backing and support. I have never seen a side win a top tier title without a solid defence, but I hope we are the first.

I am confident We can, and will, find our attacking form again, the sooner the better. Perhaps when we get our pacy attacking players like Holt & Waggy back in the side and we pick one of Barton/Rossiter, not both, and reduce to benchwarmers, the players not up to the mark like Halliday & Miller.

We have a few days left in the window, and we hear the club are working tirelessly to try to get in the players we need, and hopefully the two weeks before our next game allows our injured players time to get fit to play and we see a very different side on 10 Sep than we have seen so far.

I don't recall the same "new players bedding in" line last season when we won our first 10 or so games and played fast, pressing, moving, fluent, beautiful football.

I think bedding in is a different proposition when playing against lower league opposition including mostly part timers as opposed to top league opposition and full timers. I still feel we will get there.

I think bedding in is a different proposition when playing against lower league opposition including mostly part timers as opposed to top league opposition and full timers. I still feel we will get there.

I think it's the same thing and is only being used as an excuse because we have started dreadfully. I think there are more accurate reasons for our poor start, as discussed here and on other threads, mainly key players not being on the park or not being match fit.

'Undefeated' should not be heralded unless you are punching above your weight e.g. Leicester City. It's a lame excuse for 'we cant find a way to win games, or cant be arsed putting a 90 minute shift in'. It's why 2 points for a win was changed to 3 points. Ask Selik if 'undefeated' for a whole season won them the league under Tommy Burns.

For us the word papers over the cracks of Hamilton at home, Motherwell at home, and Kilmarnock away. Three teams that can only dream of signing the players we have signed. "We are still gelling as a team though". Really?? Go tell Killie that. No team in this league has more players trying to fit in than them. Three games where our players "fight among themselves they are so motivated" couldn't be arsed motivating themselves until the half time rollicking because they were 1-0 down.

There is something wrong with the chemistry i think. The players were a comfortable clique last year, constantly smiling enjoying their football, and annoyingly lazy after the league was won (apart from one Kenny Miller). They couldn't lift it again for the cup final and we know what happened.

There is obviously a different dynamic to the dressing room. Kenny Miller was going ballistic at the cup final. Joey Barton, Clint Hill etc coming in very vocally. There are no happy faces out there now. Different dynamic. I think its that dynamic that is currently upsetting rhythm and will separate the men from the boys. Probably too late for a title challenge this year though unless we take at least a point in two weeks.

Edited by Anchorman

After last season it was apparent we needed to look at the Cb's because we were losing far too many goals. So far we've signed just one CB - a 37 year old who as was seen on friday night is not the answer. I await the signing of at least one CB next week.

We also needed to look up front where we had Kenny Miller who needs replaced. I've been a critic of Miller for years & think he's at best mediocre and we need better options than him. I was astonished we waited until last week to get someone in. It's too early to judge Joe Garner but for they money we allegedly paid for him I'd have tried for Jason Cummings first. We need someone in & around the six yard box for the deliveries from Tav & BMcK.

My biggest concern is that we've made ten signings & in most cases they aren'tbetter than what we've already got. We've just basically added mediocre squad players IMO