A league too far?

"Mediocre" Miller sould have been replaced by Jason Cummings? Rossiter, Kranjcar, Barton, are no better than what we had? Good night Rab, Dave King out???

Cummings is 21 & has a decent scoring record already albeit in the Championship. Garner is 28 & got 6 goals last season. Which one do you think would get more goals for us?

Rossiter, Krankcjar & Barton have done nothing so far thatHalliday & Holt cant do

Are you watching the same team as me which has been totally unimpressive in its first four league games against weaker teams in the league?

Cummings is 21 & has a decent scoring record already albeit in the Championship. Garner is 28 & got 6 goals last season. Which one do you think would get more goals for us?

Rossiter, Krankcjar & Barton have done nothing so far thatHalliday & Holt cant do

Are you watching the same team as me which has been totally unimpressive in its first four league games against weaker teams in the league?

I think Cummings is somewhat of an unknown quantity we can't compare to Joe Garner. Cummings is playing in a dominant side with the largest or one of the largest budgets in the Scottish Championship while Garner was playing in one of the smallest teams in the English Championship which is the 7th richest league in Europe and that team was playing a park the bus strategy with him as the lone striker up front. Their highest scorer hit 8.

I don't think the Scottish Championship is even equivalent to league 1 in England where Garner hit 25 in 37 league matches. Contrast that to the 18 league goals Cummings got in 33 league matches last season in arguably a weaker league.

Granted we would all have liked to see the start of the season arrive with Rangers hitting teams for 4-5 goals and announcing our arrival back in the top tier every bear would have loved that. But the thing is I believe we are going to get better and we will see soon the managers preferred starting line up and a fully fit squad to choose from.

Edited by BalooBear

'Undefeated' should not be heralded unless you are punching above your weight e.g. Leicester City. It's a lame excuse for 'we cant find a way to win games, or cant be arsed putting a 90 minute shift in'. It's why 2 points for a win was changed to 3 points. Ask Selik if 'undefeated' for a whole season won them the league under Tommy Burns.

For us the word papers over the cracks of Hamilton at home, Motherwell at home, and Kilmarnock away. Three teams that can only dream of signing the players we have signed. "We are still gelling as a team though". Really?? Go tell Killie that. No team in this league has more players trying to fit in than them. Three games where our players "fight among themselves they are so motivated" couldn't be arsed motivating themselves until the half time rollicking because they were 1-0 down.

There is something wrong with the chemistry i think. The players were a comfortable clique last year, constantly smiling enjoying their football, and annoyingly lazy after the league was won (apart from one Kenny Miller). They couldn't lift it again for the cup final and we know what happened.

There is obviously a different dynamic to the dressing room. Kenny Miller was going ballistic at the cup final. Joey Barton, Clint Hill etc coming in very vocally. There are no happy faces out there now. Different dynamic. I think its that dynamic that is currently upsetting rhythm and will separate the men from the boys. Probably too late for a title challenge this year though unless we take at least a point in two weeks.

i'd have loved to if they had

fortunately i remember gazza and most humourously alec cleland scoring at their midden to make sure it never became a reality.

i'd have loved to if they had

fortunately i remember gazza and most humourously alec cleland scoring at their midden to make sure it never became a reality.

:laugh2: The ironic thing is I was at the game - with my French Tricolour in hand with Gazza's face in the middle.

The point still stand though. Almost a whole league campaign undefeated, with zilch to show for it!

'Undefeated' should not be heralded unless you are punching above your weight e.g. Leicester City. It's a lame excuse for 'we cant find a way to win games, or cant be arsed putting a 90 minute shift in'. It's why 2 points for a win was changed to 3 points. Ask Selik if 'undefeated' for a whole season won them the league under Tommy Burns.

For us the word papers over the cracks of Hamilton at home, Motherwell at home, and Kilmarnock away. Three teams that can only dream of signing the players we have signed. "We are still gelling as a team though". Really?? Go tell Killie that. No team in this league has more players trying to fit in than them. Three games where our players "fight among themselves they are so motivated" couldn't be arsed motivating themselves until the half time rollicking because they were 1-0 down.

There is something wrong with the chemistry i think. The players were a comfortable clique last year, constantly smiling enjoying their football, and annoyingly lazy after the league was won (apart from one Kenny Miller). They couldn't lift it again for the cup final and we know what happened.

There is obviously a different dynamic to the dressing room. Kenny Miller was going ballistic at the cup final. Joey Barton, Clint Hill etc coming in very vocally. There are no happy faces out there now. Different dynamic. I think its that dynamic that is currently upsetting rhythm and will separate the men from the boys. Probably too late for a title challenge this year though unless we take at least a point in two weeks.

Great point Anchorman and I agree 100%. I have thought since Hamilton that there was disharmony in the ranks. The chemistry is wrong and there isn't the unity there was last year. It's hurting us.

I didn't want us to sign Garner but we should be aiming a lot higher than Cummings.