walters having a laugh

...............................Marks out of 10 / WS

Tel Aviv (A) LOST...................2

Tel Aviv (H) WIN.....................6

Osasuna (H) DRAW..................0

Osasuna (A) LOST...................3

Before Walter 12 games undefeated.

12 games undefeated prior to WS taking charge and in his 4 euro games in charge he's been beaten twice. He just can't hack it in europe. There's no point us turning up to matches in europe cause we all know what's going ot happen.

12 games undefeated prior to WS taking charge and in his 4 euro games in charge he's been beaten twice. He just can't hack it in europe. There's no point us turning up to matches in europe cause we all know what's going ot happen.

Walter should be sent on midweek breaks to Perth or Inverness when we have a european fixture.

So are your implying that AM is / was a better manager than WS and on par (at least) with PLG?

If that is true, why did we get rid of him and replace him with two inferior managers?

Cammy F

So are your implying that AM is / was a better manager than WS and on par (at least) with PLG?

If that is true, why did we get rid of him and replace him with two inferior managers?

Cammy F

I'm saying that in europe WS is out of his depth. I'm also saying that PLG knew how to play the euro game and did it well. AM did OK in europe. He got us into the last 16 of the CL but also got us pumped out of the UEFA Cup due to his shocking tactics and team selection against Auxerre.

Personally, I think that if PLG was in charge for the Osasuna games we would've gone through.

I'm saying that in europe WS is out of his depth..

I'd agree with that

I'm also saying that PLG knew how to play the euro game and did it well..

I wouldn't say he did it well, remember we never really played anyone this season - Auxerre and Molde (away) should have beaten us, we played well against Liverno but we were rotten agains Partizan.

AM did OK in europe. He got us into the last 16 of the CL but also got us pumped out of the UEFA Cup due to his shocking tactics and team selection against Auxerre. ..

Surely that is a better achievement than getting us thro the group stages of the UEFA Cup given the quality that we faced? Remember that we were very unlucky to lose on away goals to Villarreal.

Personally, I think that if PLG was in charge for the Osasuna games we would've gone through.

Honestly, what gives you that impression? What would PLG done differently from WS? What team would PLG put out to face Osasuna?

To confirm tho, you think that PLG (or AM) should still be in charge rather than WS? Just curious to find out!

Cammy F

I'm saying that in europe WS is out of his depth. I'm also saying that PLG knew how to play the euro game and did it well. AM did OK in europe. He got us into the last 16 of the CL but also got us pumped out of the UEFA Cup due to his shocking tactics and team selection against Auxerre.

I agree and i think PLG would have been a better bet for long term success than WS but i suppose we will never know.

I agree and i think PLG would have been a better bet for long term success than WS but i suppose we will never know.

Really? I am serious here, why do people think this? Under PLG we couldn't beat Falkirk, Dunfermline, St Johnstone etc yet we are to believe that he would have 'come good'? What evidence do you have that PLG would have made us a better team? Was it something in the performances? Something in his handling of the media? Something in his 'grasp of English'?

He wasted �£5M on players even he realised weren't good enough and dropped them to play AM's rejects. Doesn't seem like a man that had confidence in his players.

BTW, do you think PSG fans will be willing to give him time if they get relegated (a distinct possibility) this season?

Cammy F

I'd agree with that

I wouldn't say he did it well, remember we never really played anyone this season - Auxerre and Molde (away) should have beaten us, we played well against Liverno but we were rotten agains Partizan.

Surely that is a better achievement than getting us thro the group stages of the UEFA Cup given the quality that we faced? Remember that we were very unlucky to lose on away goals to Villarreal.

Honestly, what gives you that impression? What would PLG done differently from WS? What team would PLG put out to face Osasuna?

To confirm tho, you think that PLG (or AM) should still be in charge rather than WS? Just curious to find out!

Cammy F

Under PLG we scored goals away from home. Under WS it doesn't look possible to create any chances nevermind score. Like you said in another thread Cammy, PLG moulded a Lyon team together who more often than not made the last 8 of the CL.

For a club like Rangers not to finish in the top 3 of a 5 team group is unacceptable especially after having maximum points after the 1st 2 games.

I think PLG should still be in charge of Rangers.

Really? I am serious here, why do people think this? Under PLG we couldn't beat Falkirk, Dunfermline, St Johnstone etc yet we are to believe that he would have 'come good'? What evidence do you have that PLG would have made us a better team? Was it something in the performances? Something in his handling of the media? Something in his 'grasp of English'?

He wasted �£5M on players even he realised weren't good enough and dropped them to play AM's rejects. Doesn't seem like a man that had confidence in his players.

BTW, do you think PSG fans will be willing to give him time if they get relegated (a distinct possibility) this season?

Cammy F

Agreed, some people have short memories, not to forget that as you progress in europe, so does the standard of opposition, whereas our team have only improved defensively

But Cammy, you posted in another thread how you can "only beat what is put in front of you".

PLG beat what was put in front of him, so IMO yes he did it well. The thing that you have to remember is that even if they weren't playing well under PLG against Euro opposition the team still got the job done.

Under WS they haven't. One win in 4 games, and I am pretty sure that Hapoel aren't any better than some of the teams you mention above.