walters having a laugh

OK, so we might have scored more goals in Europe with PLG in charge, but he was using the same players as WS has. We also looked much more frail at the back under PLG, but WS has addressed that.

The players yet again need to stand up and be counted. Remember that many of these players are the same ones who have underperformed and also undermined, the last two managers.

We need big changes in the summer to the core of our team.

Under PLG we scored goals away from home. Under WS it doesn't look possible to create any chances nevermind score. Like you said in another thread Cammy, PLG moulded a Lyon team together who more often than not made the last 8 of the CL.

For a club like Rangers not to finish in the top 3 of a 5 team group is unacceptable especially after having maximum points after the 1st 2 games.

I think PLG should still be in charge of Rangers.

But at Lyon he was backed by the board - he was given significant money to spend (sure he paid over �£10M for Ession (sp)) and had the benefit of an extablished Youth Academy.

What, given PLG's record at Ibrox, leads you to believe that he should still be in charge at Rangers and what positives lead you to believe that we would be better off?

I am serious and not getting at anyone, but I can not think of one positive under PLG.

Cammy F

But at Lyon he was backed by the board - he was given significant money to spend (sure he paid over �£10M for Ession (sp)) and had the benefit of an extablished Youth Academy.

What, given PLG's record at Ibrox, leads you to believe that he should still be in charge at Rangers and what positives lead you to believe that we would be better off?

I am serious and not getting at anyone, but I can not think of one positive under PLG.

Cammy F

One positive under PLG was that he got us winning home and away in europe. OK, they weren't against any big teams but a win away in europe is tough going these days. Just ask Walter Smith and Wee Chesney.

Look at Alex Ferguson at Man Ure. He struggled at first but came good in the end. Who knows how PLG would've got on if he had stayed.

One thing that I didn't like about PLG was the way he left us. Sign of a coward!

I'm saying that in europe WS is out of his depth. I'm also saying that PLG knew how to play the euro game and did it well. AM did OK in europe. He got us into the last 16 of the CL but also got us pumped out of the UEFA Cup due to his shocking tactics and team selection against Auxerre.

Personally, I think that if PLG was in charge for the Osasuna games we would've gone through.

Under PLG we would have had a better chance.

We�´d also have had Clement who is a better foil/ compliment to the others.

Thomson or Clement, I�´d rather have the Frenchman to be honest but all the best to Kevin, let�´s hope he can be a player. However I�´m sure we�´ve paid over the odds for him.

The simple fact of the matter is that Osasuna played more of a 'Scottish'type game than Rangers. They played at a higher tempo than us, closed our players down as soon as they got the ball and generally gave the Rangers players no time. These are things that are usually associated with Scottish teams. The Rangers players looked as if they lacked ideas and invention and could hardly string 3 passes together in a row. If Osasuna had a half decent striker we could have been looking at a 5 or 6-0 doing.

Malky

The simple fact of the matter is that Osasuna played more of a 'Scottish'type game than Rangers. They played at a higher tempo than us, closed our players down as soon as they got the ball and generally gave the Rangers players no time. These are things that are usually associated with Scottish teams. The Rangers players looked as if they lacked ideas and invention and could hardly string 3 passes together in a row. If Osasuna had a half decent striker we could have been looking at a 5 or 6-0 doing.

Malky

Agree with that and i said in another post Scottish football is about not giving players time on the ball and kicking at opponents feet so why do we keep backing off to our six yard box in europe?:confused:

One positive under PLG was that he got us winning home and away in europe. OK, they weren't against any big teams but a win away in europe is tough going these days. Just ask Walter Smith and Wee Chesney.

Look at Alex Ferguson at Man Ure. He struggled at first but came good in the end. Who knows how PLG would've got on if he had stayed.

One thing that I didn't like about PLG was the way he left us. Sign of a coward!

Well he got PSG knocked out the Eufa cup tonight at the same stage as us so no i dont think he would have made a difference. He came up against a good side in Benfica and wasnt up to the test. We didnt really have any top drawer opponents earlier in the competition. Livorno didnt play all that great against us but still a good result and Auxerre away we done alright. Apart from that, not a lot of quality in our european opposition. Also he has PSG second bottom of the French league with something like 1 win in 9 league games for them.

The best thing i can say about PLG is that he is consistent