History can lead us to victory: Celtic v Rangers Match Preview

The Old Firm league derby is returning after a four-year gap

By Simon Mundie

Newsbeat sports reporter

It is the biggest match in Scotland, and one of the most passionate in world football.

This Saturday will see the return of the Old Firm derby in the Scottish Premiership for the first time in four years.

Celtic and Rangers have not played each other in Scotland's top flight since Rangers were liquidated in 2012.

They started again in the third division and have since risen back through the divisions.

The two Glasgow giants last met in April when Rangers won on penalties in the semi-final of the Scottish Cup.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/37300102/the-old-firm-league-derby-is-returning-after-a-four-year-gap

The Old Firm league derby is returning after a four-year gap

By Simon Mundie

Newsbeat sports reporter

It is the biggest match in Scotland, and one of the most passionate in world football.

This Saturday will see the return of the Old Firm derby in the Scottish Premiership for the first time in four years.

Celtic and Rangers have not played each other in Scotland's top flight since Rangers were liquidated in 2012.

They started again in the third division and have since risen back through the divisions.

The two Glasgow giants last met in April when Rangers won on penalties in the semi-final of the Scottish Cup.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/37300102/the-old-firm-league-derby-is-returning-after-a-four-year-gap

They love getting in that Liquidated bit.

Seemingly Scotland's game was another hatchet job with the neutral panel of Spiers, Cosgrove, English and Spence. Now there is balance for you.

Police Scotland Update Warning To Fans

Police have been through months of preparation for Saturday's Old Firm derby between Celtic and Rangers at Celtic Park.

It's been four years since the rivals met in a league game.

Chief Superintendent Brian McInulty is putting hundreds of officers on the streets and says their presence will be visible to anyone coming into the city centre on Saturday.

There will be a large presence around Celtic park with sniffer dogs on hand to catch any illegal items, such as flares, being brought into the game.

Chief Superintendent McInulty said: "Flares seem to be something that are becoming more prevalent.

"We have police dogs to detect anyone trying to bring any illegal substance including flares into the stadium.

"Anyone caught in possession of these items will be arrested.

"We will be looking to use football banning orders.

"Don't ruin this for yourselves - it's the first game of the season."

Rangers and Celtic players have been warned by police not to provoke fans with comments they make on social media.

Officers have spoken to players at both clubs ahead of Saturday's Old Firm game at Celtic Park.

But Chief Superintendent Brian McInulty says due to the atmosphere that surrounds the Old Firm, players must be more aware of how they conduct themselves on the pitch and what they post to social media.

Chief Superintendent McInulty said: "We spoke with the clubs and players and reminded them of their responsibilities.

"Anything that they do on the pitch can have a consequence on people's behaviour off the pitch.

We spoke to them about what to expect because some players haven't experienced that atmosphere before.

"Players should behave in a professional manner and not do anything that's going to compromise safety.

"The players were advised about social media and any messages they put out.

"Players are role models and very, very influential people. What they put on social media has an impact on people's behaviour."

He also said that fans posting comments to social media will be dealt with by police if what they say is considered hate crime.

Chief Superintendent McInulty said: "We have a zero tolerance approach to any form of hate crime.

"We will do everything we can to investigate that and bring people to justice."

Taken from FF No source mentioned.

I hope plod have plenty officers inside the piggery,if we manage to win there might be an over exuberant set of homes fans that will be a tad upset and may decide to invade the pitch,assault the Rangers players & staff!,after all that would only result in equal blame for both sets of fans,1999 may well be surpassed?

Police Scotland Update Warning To Fans

Police have been through months of preparation for Saturday's Old Firm derby between Celtic and Rangers at Celtic Park.

It's been four years since the rivals met in a league game.

Chief Superintendent Brian McInulty is putting hundreds of officers on the streets and says their presence will be visible to anyone coming into the city centre on Saturday.

There will be a large presence around Celtic park with sniffer dogs on hand to catch any illegal items, such as flares, being brought into the game.

Chief Superintendent McInulty said: "Flares seem to be something that are becoming more prevalent.

"We have police dogs to detect anyone trying to bring any illegal substance including flares into the stadium.

"Anyone caught in possession of these items will be arrested.

"We will be looking to use football banning orders.

"Don't ruin this for yourselves - it's the first game of the season."

Rangers and Celtic players have been warned by police not to provoke fans with comments they make on social media.

Officers have spoken to players at both clubs ahead of Saturday's Old Firm game at Celtic Park.

But Chief Superintendent Brian McInulty says due to the atmosphere that surrounds the Old Firm, players must be more aware of how they conduct themselves on the pitch and what they post to social media.

Chief Superintendent McInulty said: "We spoke with the clubs and players and reminded them of their responsibilities.

"Anything that they do on the pitch can have a consequence on people's behaviour off the pitch.

We spoke to them about what to expect because some players haven't experienced that atmosphere before.

"Players should behave in a professional manner and not do anything that's going to compromise safety.

"The players were advised about social media and any messages they put out.

"Players are role models and very, very influential people. What they put on social media has an impact on people's behaviour."

He also said that fans posting comments to social media will be dealt with by police if what they say is considered hate crime.

Chief Superintendent McInulty said: "We have a zero tolerance approach to any form of hate crime.

"We will do everything we can to investigate that and bring people to justice."

Taken from FF No source mentioned.

The piece is by Stacey Mullen of the Herald.

Clearly, Stacey does NOT do irony.

A decade past, the then self styled, 'Showbiz Stacey' had just graduated and doing her cub reporter bit on a local rag. She was a regular on the cobbles of Ashton Lane and known to broadcast her views, loud and proud. Her social media broadcasts reinforced her love of brave Provos, hatred of H-u-ns and Dobbers, and pyoor love o ra Sellik. Of course, Stacey quickly moved to vicTIM status, those nasty Rangers supporters had looked into her open accounts and exposed her. I remember there was a picture of a bleached blond, corkscrewed hair, Showbiz Stacey dancing with a fag in her mitt, classy girl! Recently informed, her biggest, bestest mate in journalism is Jane Hamilton, yep that Jane Hamilton.

Imagine such a wretch interviewing a copper on social media vigilance?

The piece is by Stacey Mullen of the Herald.

Clearly, Stacey does NOT do irony.

A decade past, the then self styled, 'Showbiz Stacey' had just graduated and doing her cub reporter bit on a local rag. She was a regular on the cobbles of Ashton Lane and known to broadcast her views, loud and proud. Her social media broadcasts reinforced her love of brave Provos, hatred of H-u-ns and Dobbers, and pyoor love o ra Sellik. Of course, Stacey quickly moved to vicTIM status, those nasty Rangers supporters had looked into her open accounts and exposed her. I remember there was a picture of a bleached blond, corkscrewed hair, Showbiz Stacey dancing with a fag in her mitt, classy girl! Recently informed, her biggest, bestest mate in journalism is Jane Hamilton, yep that Jane Hamilton.

Imagine such a wretch interviewing a copper on social media vigilance?

They are everywhere,like a disease!,free hand to write their bigotry unchallenged!

Edited by ian1964

Hi 26th. We have almost parallel histories. My memories of that game at the phiggery are almost identical. I also had a ticket for the Who,Alex Harvey etc gig and was having a pint on my way to it when I heard someone at an adjacent table say he wished he had a ticket. i only had enough money for one more pint and a fiver went a long way liquid wise then.......so I sold my ticket to him and stayed in the pub.

Edited by SteveC

Hi 26th. We have almost parallel histories. My memories of that game at the phiggery are almost identical. I also had a ticket for the Who,Alex Harvey etc gig and was having a pint on my way to it when I heard someone at an adjacent table say he wished he had a ticket. i only had enough money for one more pint and a fiver went a long way liquid wise then.......so I sold my ticket to him and stayed in the pub.

............ and missed Little Feat!!!!!!!

To be fair, I was corresponding last evening with a few old mates, and we reckon a pint was still under 30 pence in '75. Probably, 27/28p in the Union.

Mates with better memories also revealed the six bands in order of appearance that day were : Widowmaker(fronted by the Love Affair's Steve Ellis), the Streetwalkers, the Outlaws, Little Feat, Alex Harvey, and the Who.