History can lead us to victory: Celtic v Rangers Match Preview

You know, even a star-studded Advocaat-team managed to fell apart 6-2 at the Scumhut, so if we are on the end of a hiding, we'd be in "good company". Only that I think that it might be closer to a 4-4 tomorrow ...

4-4 DB! That was my first ever old firm game. What a match!. 3-1 down, then 4-3 up only for them to equalise and make it 4-4. 1986 it was iirc? I was sat at the front of the govan stand and it was lashing down, cats and dogs stuff!

Great game. You might be right about the score tomorrow, it wouldn't surprise me lol.

... was listening to that one from behind the Iron Curtain and via the BBC World Service. Wasn't steeped too deep into the Old Firm hystery by then, but still. Methinks we have the game in the video thread.

Meanwhile ...

Game Number Five

MARK Warburton doesn’t believe the outcome of this weekend’s Old Firm will have a huge bearing on the Premiership title.

... read more: http://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/game-number-five/

4-4 DB! That was my first ever old firm game. What a match!. 3-1 down, then 4-3 up only for them to equalise and make it 4-4. 1986 it was iirc? I was sat at the front of the govan stand and it was lashing down, cats and dogs stuff!

Great game. You might be right about the score tomorrow, it wouldn't surprise me lol.

There are some commentators of the opinion that both sides can be potent in the attack and that both have suspect defences which may lead to a high scoring match in which the winner will obviously be the one who scores most. That view is speculating both will indeed score.

And regarding TV audiences another view doing the rounds speculates that because our kick off is 30 minutes earlier than the Manchester derby kick off millions all over Britain and abroad will tune in while waiting for the Manchester kick off and become so captivated they will stick with our game.

One of our problems tomorrow may be Barton. He has been exemplary in his on-field conduct so far and an example of that is while watching the game at Kilmarnock and he had more of an assault than a challenge made on him I was immediately thinking as he flew up in the air this is it. He's going to explode.

It didn't happen but tomorrow will be a different issue. I feel he will be singled out by their crowd from the get go and if there is going to be a Barton bomb at all tomorrow will be the time the fuse is lit.

Edited by JFK-1

You know, even a star-studded Advocaat-team managed to fell apart 6-2 at the Scumhut, so if we are on the end of a hiding, we'd be in "good company". Only that I think that it might be closer to a 4-4 tomorrow ...

Vidmar Amaruso Konterman Ricksen

must rank as one of the worst back 4s in our history.

Vidmar Amaruso Konterman Ricksen

must rank as one of the worst back 4s in our history.

Oooff that's a brutal defence. How Konterman was a player I will never know. Amoruso was a bomb scare. Vidmar was half decent, he scored a peach against Parma IIRC. Ricksen was played in midfield too much when he was a RB.

Is holt fit to play tomorrow?

he was in the training pictures, if so

Fod

Tav Keirnan Senderos Wallace

Holt Barton Halliday

Miller Garner Mckay

maybe drop back mckay and miller drops off in a 4-4-1-1 when we don't have it

Is holt fit to play tomorrow?

he was in the training pictures, if so

Fod

Tav Keirnan Senderos Wallace

Holt Barton Halliday

Miller Garner Mckay

maybe drop back mckay and miller drops off in a 4-4-1-1 when we don't have it

Don't think we can play 2 out and out centre forwards in Miller and garner. Waghorn has to play if fit.

The midfield is interesting though, its 3 from 6. Rossiter and Kranjcar will be considered but id have Halliday in for this game and Forrester.

Edited by Gribz

Don't think we can play 2 out and out centre forwards in Miller and garner. Waghorn has to play if fit.

The midfield is interesting though, its 3 from 6. Rossiter and Kranjcar will be considered but id have Halliday in for this game and Forrester.

I didn't think waghorn was back yet

and also after forrseter's nonsense at dundee he has to considered a discipline liability.

Edited by jhunter