Starting 11

MW got it wrong today - first time Ive said that. Having Miller and Garner together was a non starter.

And they looked fitter and faster than us all over the park. It looked like some of the awful days under McLeish there.

Kranjcar looks finished. He can pass a ball but cant run, he looks like he is playing exhibition matches.

Garner looks a waste of money, not a MW type of player at all.

Windass looks a player.

Fitter and faster is right on the button Gribz!. However it was highlighted further when a few chucked it. They looked like they had no belief or fight. The two worst imo in that dept were Kranjar and McKay.

We were second to everything. The lack of motivation is very very worrying??

Edited by cooponthewing

I'm not standing up for anyone or anything that happened in the past... but unless we get investment we are in a very sorry state...that's not scaremongering that's true. We are Rangers... and we are scraping the bottom of a very deep barrel...that's certainly not how many of us envisaged it would be, the world of football revolves around money....and until we have access to some of it ... we are going to struggle

GSTQ

Fitter and faster is right on the button Gribz!. However it was highlighted further when a few chucked it. They looked like they had no belief or fight. The two worst imo in that dept were Kranjar and McKay.

We were second to everything. The lack of motivation is very very worrying??

I think the set up of the team has something to do with it as well Coop. MW hasn't found the right blend so far.

This season was always going to be about settling into the top flight again and making progress. Better Rangers teams have had similar results against them so it can be put down as a one off. Where it will get scary is if we went to Pittodrie and Tynecastle and got those results, I would be worrying then.

I think its back to the drawing board for MW with picking the team. Waghorn being back is a help and Windass should start again.

In the 1st half, Kranjcar lost the ball (yeah, I know, happened too many times to be specific) and he started "running" back to try to recover the lost ball - he looked like he was running through treacle. Slower than me and, trust me, that is very, very difficult to do.

I am giving Garner the benefit of the doubt - there was very little service there and Miller spent much of the match having to track back.

Windass is going to be an absolute steal - when his father said he could be playing for England in a couple of years I put it down to typical fathers being blinkered but Deano has made an accurate assessment in my opinion - the lad looked like a veteran of OF games - probably the single shining light for me in an awful 90 minutes.

Come on Kranjcar isn't that fast :D

Miller and Garner are both centre forwards / No.9s so unless its a 4-4-2 they wont work together. Its still early in Garner's days but Im not sure what he can bring when we are a passing side.

Windass energy will be good in most games, this was his debut so he isn't even 100% yet. It would be good to see him in the same team as Forrester and Holt with Rossiter holding.

Windass, Forrester, Holt and Rossiter should be the future of this Club. Young, hungry guys with bags of talent.

I said from the 1st time I saw Windass against Charleston Battery that I felt we had won a watch with him and all he did today was solidify that opinion. I thought the lad was excellent (whenever we got him on the ball anyway) and the way he just dropped a shoulder and breezed past the Celtic midfield was sublime to watch - and they said that Celtic were pacy in midfield....

But the issue is we are still trying to shoe-horm Barton & Kranjcar into the same team. Warburton needs to make a decision on his best starting line up and stick with it - and I hope that it doesn't include Warburton and Kranjcar in the same starting line-up.

Kranjcar is a luxury - one which will be better suited against tired legs when he has more time on the ball - in fact, as soon as BrahimHemdani said Kranjcar should be the 1st name on the team sheet I knew he would start playing like shit..... :D

Barton just isn't mobile enough anymore - and he too, today at least, required more time on the ball than he was ever going to be allowed. This game needed Rossiter because the lad spots the pass even before the ball gets close to him - he doesn't need a 2nd touch...

A long season ahead - the management team and players now need to decide how they want their season to turn out - can really only go one of two ways....

Agreed Craig and I think 4-1-4-1 may suit us. Unfortunately Barton hasn't adapted to the fast pace of this league - that's by no means his fault, he is used to more time on the ball, its as much a reflection on the way our game is poor.

Id like to see Waghorn on the inside right, Forrester and Holt in the centre with Windass on the inside left. With Rossiter holding. Its good to have options there though.

Our defence is a concern. We have 2 good full backs but centre half is looking very weak.

if this is a 2-3 year project why are Barton and Kranjar being played or signed so we have to presume that they and with signings of Garner(1.8m) MOH (500k) Are being brought in to challenge for the league.

Presumably to challenge for the league if possible but it might be the case that they have simply outspent us to the extent that's become harder than anticipated.

When King took over he said the first target was to win the Championship which was accomplished then the next was to get back into Europe and he actually specified that initially that might have to be the Europa league. Today means little to that secondary objective.

MW is definitely feeling pressure and that's the only reason I can think of to go to three at the back while 3-1 down at the piggery??

He did that in an effort to get back into it at 3-1 down and still 11 men on the park and I knew what he was doing as soon as he did it and was cool with that. May as well go for it and try to pull off a draw rather than defend a 3-1 defecit. What does that get us? We get zero points for 3-1 or 5-1. Senderos messed that up royally.

however what is insane is the hat we are still discussing why we are no further forward in our defensive frailties since the turn of the year, that too had to lay at the door of the manager.

I think that's like saying it's at the door of the manager that we don't have Sergio Ramos in the team. The manager would have him if he could but he wouldn't sign for us exactly like the list of centre backs we know he pursued wouldn't. Players declining to sign for us can't be laid at the managers door.

I'm not shouting for the managers head, that's mental too, however we have to stop this "trust in MW stuff" we have a right to question and we should question as he had and does make mistakes. If anyone thinks we have improved since last season you must be seeing something I'm not.

As you say it would be irrational to suggest sacking the manager and that in fact could put us in a state of turmoil it could take us years to recover from. Everyone seems suddenly impressed by Rodgers when Warburton is every bit as good as he is. Do you think we would have seen that result today if they had swapped budgets? Rodgers has infinitely greater resources nothing else.

I think what you might be seeing in terms of improvement or lack of it is that the opposition have improved from largely part timers to full timers of a better quality. I'm still more than confident that the manager is going to get this team playing and there will be little in that league but them who can match us.

MW got it wrong today - first time Ive said that. Having Miller and Garner together was a non starter.

And they looked fitter and faster than us all over the park. It looked like some of the awful days under McLeish there.

Kranjcar looks finished. He can pass a ball but cant run, he looks like he is playing exhibition matches.

Garner looks a waste of money, not a MW type of player at all.

Windass looks a player.

Garner a waste of money after a match and half ha ha. Bloody hell you're hard to please.

Garner will hit 20 plus. Hell he scored in a game we were barely in and we're not going to be on the back foot like that in many games if any. I think that's the very first time since Warburton took over that I have seen us have the least possession yet Garner still scored and despite already carrying a head injury he threw himself unflinchingly right in there where he could be hurt.