Starting 11

It will get better and a lot better at that and we still haven't had a single chance of fielding a first choice starting 11 in any game. . It doesn't matter how the table looks at the end of today only at the end of the season and we wont play as badly as that again. This is the low point and I would rather have it now in the first handful of games.

If you have a lot of dropped points at the start of the season, then that suggests it's likely to continue. We'll see.

The score is indeed an embarrassing one. I have to go to work on Sunday! Why is our defence so thick / cowardly? Who is responsible and just why is it so? Truth be told, I wouldn't have been that upset at a close defeat given the circumstances but our defensive performance was nothing short of pathetic yet again. Sickening. We are Rangers, we have survived with some class everything that could be thrown at us - rewarded with THAT!

what was the cup final?

A narrow defeat after 3 weeks of inactivity and playing a striker who had been out for months. I don't understand the relevance in going back to last season when we're talking about this seasons league. I can find even lower points if you want to do that.

It was one game G. At half time, despite having played horribly 1st half, we were very much still in it. McKay almost equalized to make it 2-2 which means a different game. Football sometimes is decided on a matter of inches.

Once the 3rd went in we abandoned any defensive commitments - which if I am being honest I am fine with because I would rather lose a game 5-1 trying to get back into it than lose 3-1 whilst playing out time.

When they got their 3rd we were actually in the ascendency, pushing them backwards. That 3rd goal killed the game as a contest and the remainder is not indicative of how the game had been played for the 1st hour.

5-1 looks like a horsing, and is. But it took that 3rd goal against the run of play to put the game out of sight for them, on their own patch.

I don't mind anyone being pessimistic - but it is one game in a long season and one which could have went differently.

I'm not despondent - they SHOULD have won that game - at home, better resources, spent more money, squad is a more settled squad whilst we have only just been promoted from an inferior league.

I'm not concerned at all. Lets see how the return game at Ibrox goes before judging.

but it's not one game though is it? we have not been behind at half time in 4 of he 5 league matches this season, that is 80%. Like i have said previously we seem to have lost everything we were good at. The midfield 3 don't look anywhere as good together as Halliday, holt and Ball did last year. We need to figure out our best 11 and stick with it now. No chopping and changing, just get a run together with the same 11 and get points on the board.

Plenty to play for and plenty to optimistic about no doubt, this is still part of the journey. Maybe it will be a wake up call for the board to try and back the manager more. There is a team in there we just need to find it.

A narrow defeat after 3 weeks of inactivity and playing a striker who had been out for months. I don't understand the relevance in going back to last season when we're talking about this seasons league. I can find even lower points if you want to do that.

I normally agree with a lot of what you say JFK however today was a wake up call, for everyone. There were so many things wrong today but the main two are the defence(lightweight)can't defend and we are still too slow through midfield. I know we have been saying it will get better, I don't see it. I don't see any improvement whatsoever from last year. Keirnan is a bomb scare, Tav is great going forward but awful defending. I have been watching players off the ball for weeks too. Kranjar looks lazy and McKay looks uninterested?? Apart from the odd peice of class Kranjar since he arrived has been largely ineffective. McKay since the season began hasn't done much.

if this is a 2-3 year project why are Barton and Kranjar being played or signed so we have to presume that they and with signings of Garner(1.8m) MOH (500k) Are being brought in to challenge for the league. We are not and won't challenge, it's not there, it just isn't. That's ok though, we have to work and improve.

MW is definitely feeling pressure and that's the only reason I can think of to go to three at the back while 3-1 down at the piggery?? Completely mental! However what is insane is the hat we are still discussing why we are no further forward in our defensive frailties since the turn of the year, that too had to lay at the door of the manager.

I'm not shouting for the managers head, that's mental too, however we have to stop this "trust in MW stuff" we have a right to question and we should question as he had and does make mistakes. If anyone thinks we have improved since last season you must be seeing something I'm not.

I'm not expecting us to challenge for the title anymore; we can't be finishing third or fourth though. If we finish below teams like Hearts and/or Aberdeen then clearly we're going in the wrong direction.

I would agree with this if it is the case after NEXT season. We have turned over a whole squad for this season again and it takes time for players to gel. Next season should be the real marker of where we are, not this.

I would agree with this if it is the case after NEXT season. We have turned over a whole squad for this season again and it takes time for players to gel. Next season should be the real marker of where we are, not this.

Can't disagree more - with budget we have and the players we have brought in we should finish at least second.

You can't use the fact we have been in the lower leagues as an excuse as half our team have just arrived.