Rangers 0 v Ross County 0 Post match Discussion

I've got a good feeling we will come out with a high goal win in this one. I am an optimist though.

Will need to be at our best in every match this season,every team will give that bit extra to get the Rangers scalp.

Edited by ian1964

I was brought up with Jim Kelly the head their Academy. We both attended Kelvinhaugh primary school and were best friends until about 13 or 14. We won the BB Steadfast football tournament(UK 5 a side Tournament) with the 227 BB Yorkhill. We actually recently had e-mail contact. Jim was an excellent left winger and I have never seen anyone who could hit a ball as hard as him and I am including Ronald Koeman in that. Jim played for Scotland at all age groups and could have picked any club he wanted as a schoolboy including Rangers, celtic ManU Liverpool etc. There was a newspaper article about him at that time. He chose to join Partick Thistle where Bertie Auld his uncle (IIRC) was manager. Unfortunately after a fall-out with Bertie Jim stopped playing football. Billy McNeil invited Jim up to Aberdeen to train with Aberdeen with the thought of offering him a contract. Jim turned the offer down and never played professionally again. I believe he joined the Police at that time.obviously he has gotten back into football in Youth training and has made the head of their academy, Jim must go down as one of the biggest wastes of football talent in Scotland. What a pity we never got to see him in the big time.

Edited by pete

Methinks Senderos will be suspended, who knows what the situation with Wilson and Kiernan is, while neither Crooks nor Bates featured for the u20s yesterday. Only Hill is 100% fit it seems.

For the time being, I hope that we beat Ross County and ICT snatch a few points from the Scum. Wonder what Sutton and Co. will have to say ... Well, no, actually I'm not.

Methinks Senderos will be suspended, who knows what the situation with Wilson and Kiernan is, while neither Crooks nor Bates featured for the u20s yesterday. Only Hill is 100% fit it seems.

For the time being, I hope that we beat Ross County and ICT snatch a few points from the Scum. Wonder what Sutton and Co. will have to say ... Well, no, actually I'm not.

http://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/must-like-rangers/

For the time being, I hope that we beat Ross County and ICT snatch a few points from the Scum. Wonder what Sutton and Co. will have to say

Only to be expected, probably being thrashed 7-0 takes a lot out of you as does winning 5-1, wisdom courtesy of Brenda. Which means everybody aside from maybe those who draw are having a lot taken out of them in every game?

Thanks for that JFK but there was a third encounter, a Scottish Cup tie in Dingwall in the 1960s much postponed by weather. 0 - 2 to the Famous.

Interesting, none of the statistics sites I checked for it show a 1960's tie.

http://www.rosscounty-mad.co.uk/head_to_head/ross_county/vs/rangers/index.shtml

One site does make brief mention of a game in 1966 but aside from saying there was a game gives nothing else about it such as date, score, or even competition which is why I left it out. After reading it I felt that since they were saying little about it that it might have been a friendly or testimonial.

Former County stars return to the Global Energy Stadium to celebrate the 50th anniversary of County winning the Highland League for the first time and the 1966 match against Glasgow Rangers

http://www.rosscounty.tv/50-years-celebrations.html

I was brought up with Jim Kelly the head their Academy. We both attended Kelvinhaugh primary school and were best friends until about 13 or 14. We won the BB Steadfast football tournament(UK 5 a side Tournament) with the 227 BB Yorkhill. We actually recently had e-mail contact. Jim was an excellent left winger and I have never seen anyone who could hit a ball as hard as him and I am including Ronald Koeman in that. Jim played for Scotland at all age groups and could have picked any club he wanted as a schoolboy including Rangers, celtic ManU Liverpool etc. There was a newspaper article about him at that time. He chose to join Partick Thistle where Bertie Auld his uncle (IIRC) was manager. Unfortunately after a fall-out with Bertie Jim stopped playing football. Billy McNeil invited Jim up to Aberdeen to train with Aberdeen with the thought of offering him a contract. Jim turned the offer down and never played professionally again. I believe he joined the Police at that time.obviously he has gotten back into football in Youth training and has made the head of their academy, Jim must go down as one of the biggest wastes of football talent in Scotland. What a pity we never got to see him in the big time.

Name dropping? I was at school with Jim Bett. Among other things he once almost stabbed himself in the hand with a chisel in the woodwork class by throwing it up in the air in a twirling motion then trying to catch it on the way back down which he didn't because he instinctively pulled his hand away from the attempted catch as the chisel came down. That got him belted because the teacher saw it.

Also he was a cheating b@#$%$#* who gave me the only winding I have ever had in my life with a two footed tackle from behind. Though I expect what he did was legitimate at that time in the early 1970's

Interesting, none of the statistics sites I checked for it show a 1960's tie.

http://www.rosscounty-mad.co.uk/head_to_head/ross_county/vs/rangers/index.shtml

One site does make brief mention of a game in 1966 but aside from saying there was a game gives nothing else about it such as date, score, or even competition which is why I left it out. After reading it I felt that since they were saying little about it that it might have been a friendly or testimonial.

http://www.rosscounty.tv/50-years-celebrations.html

http://www.fitbastats.com/rangers/game.php?gameid=23882

that is a great site.