Rangers 0 v Ross County 0 Post match Discussion

SC Round 2 on 28 February 1966.

Ritchie, Johansen, Provan, Watson, McKinnon, Greig, Wilson, Sorensen, Forrest, McLean and Johnston.

Bud and Dandy scored.

We won the cup that year, it was my first Scottish Cup final(the replay).

King Kai's 25 yarder.

Singing Kai aye yippie yippie aye,

singing Kai aye yippie yippie aye,

Singing Kai aye yippie

Jock Stein's a fcuking hippie

Singing Kai aye yippie yippie aye.

We won the cup that year, it was my first Scottish Cup final(the replay).

King Kai's 25 yarder.

Singing Kai aye yippie yippie aye,

singing Kai aye yippie yippie aye,

Singing Kai aye yippie

Jock Stein's a fcuking hippie

Singing Kai aye yippie yippie aye.

I remember that well. I think it was the first time we beat the tims for a while as well.

Name dropping? I was at school with Jim Bett. Among other things he once almost stabbed himself in the hand with a chisel in the woodwork class by throwing it up in the air in a twirling motion then trying to catch it on the way back down which he didn't because he instinctively pulled his hand away from the attempted catch as the chisel came down. That got him belted because the teacher saw it.

Also he was a cheating b@#$%$#* who gave me the only winding I have ever had in my life with a two footed tackle from behind. Though I expect what he did was legitimate at that time in the early 1970's

Not really I was just trying to give a bit of insight into who runs their academy and his story. To be honest I was pretty pissed off with him as I would have given my left ear to get the chance he got. He just seemed to throw it all away. Jealousy? You bet.

Not really I was just trying to give a bit of insight into who runs their academy and his story. To be honest I was pretty pissed off with him as I would have given my left ear to get the chance he got. He just seemed to throw it all away. Jealousy? You bet.

Just been to their Website and it would seem he is not there anymore. (Head of Youth, Steven Ferguson):oops:

There was another guy in our year at school who was estimated to be at least as good as Bett if not even better. They both played in the same Scotland schoolboys team against England at Wembley one year but this other guy ended up playing Junior football. An aside of that was that our math teacher who also ran the school football team was also the manger of Scotland schoolboys at the time. His name was Jimmy Maxwell.

I think both he and Bett were actually signed by Airdrie and I later heard but couldn't confirm this that the other guy was caught stealing boots or something for which Airdrie fired him and from there he never got back into the pro game. I don't know if that's true, it may be the case that he had the skills but simply lacked something else because there's more to it than just having the ball skills.

Lets see our bouncebackability.

It would be good to see the team being freshened up with Rossiter, Holt, Waghorn, Forrester all being back in the starting line up and Windass continuing.

Also have a soft spot for the Highlanders, as said previously it is a bit of Bear country.

Latest injury news:

http://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/must-like-rangers/

And in terms of the squad, Warburton has welcomed back a number of injured players to training this week who could feature against the highlanders, although he is as-yet unsure of Rob Kiernan’s fitness after he limped-off against Celtic.

He added: “Philippe [senderos] will obviously be suspended, Rob [Kiernan] we will look at as he obviously came off last week with a damaged ankle, so we will need to see how that responds and fingers crossed that will be well.

“Danny Wilson has been out running this week and has done some light ball work, so that is positive. We welcomed back Matt Crooks to full training this week which was nice to see, Joe Dodoo will be back in the full group this week, and again, great work by the team to get him back, so we are starting to get the bodies back, it’s the nature of the league that we have had a few injuries and it’s nice to have the choices.”