Barton *thinks* he's still a Rangers player

As a side note, I note that the Scottish MSM are really unhappy that we talk to Talksport and they are not a bunch of baying, bigoted yahoos. One after another our media folk - many of who seem to have worked for the Celtic view - claim that TalkSport are our, horror of horrors in their eyes, 'friends'.

A three week suspension means that he will not be playing again for a minimum of 6 weeks, as he will need to do a 'pre-season' fitness regime to get back up to speed. Personally, I think it is all over for him, can't see any way back. Perhaps just sorting out the terms of the cancellation of the contract.

If the training ground bust up was just that, no problem, happened regularly when I was playing, but I didn't get the chance to go on radio and put my point of view across. In my view Barton's actions are insubordination and undermining the manager. Should just have kept quiet, came back into training this morning, apologised to his team mates for any offence caused and got on with it. Problem solved.

A three week suspension means that he will not be playing again for a minimum of 6 weeks, as he will need to do a 'pre-season' fitness regime to get back up to speed. Personally, I think it is all over for him, can't see any way back. Perhaps just sorting out the terms of the cancellation of the contract.

If the training ground bust up was just that, no problem, happened regularly when I was playing, but I didn't get the chance to go on radio and put my point of view across. In my view Barton's actions are insubordination and undermining the manager. Should just have kept quiet, came back into training this morning, apologised to his team mates for any offence caused and got on with it. Problem solved.

Depends on how fit he keeps himself. 3 weeks for a top trained player is not a gigantic loss and if he keeps himself fit then he could be up to speed in a weeks intensive training. I would imagine he has already served a week so he only has 2 to go.

Depends on how fit he keeps himself. 3 weeks for a top trained player is not a gigantic loss and if he keeps himself fit then he could be up to speed in a weeks intensive training. I would imagine he has already served a week so he only has 2 to go.

I don't think he was ever fully fit to start with, but at 34, not quite as easy to get up to speed as it would be for a youngster. However, I think it is all irrelevant anyway, likeliest outcome would be for the contract to be mutually cancelled and his fitness becomes someone else's problem.

It sounds like a huge over-reaction from the club to a dressing room bust-up, which was encouraged in the first place if MW was asking players to contribute their thoughts on what went wrong at the piggery. Maybe Barton told him his subs and tactics gave us no chance to even keep the score down and how Kiernan still earns a living as a pro defender is a mystery!

If there was only verbals involved, as has been indicated, then i cannot see what could possibly be said in that environment that would result in this type of punishment. If it was a racist or homophobic remark (as some rumours have it) he would have been sacked on the spot, so it cant be that.

I keep coming back to the only thing he could have done to merit this is have a real blasting go at the manager in front of all the others.

With the Glasgow goldfish bowl as it is, I have heard around 15 different versions of what went on, all from "in-the-know" guys, with it ranging from a full blown physical barny, to handbags. I'm not sure we will ever know as we will eventually get two different versions from the two sides and the truth will be somewhere in the middle.

I'm not sure we will ever know as we will eventually get two different versions from the two sides and the truth will be somewhere in the middle.

You will find out in Joey's next book. The one coming out on Thursday is titled 'No Nonsense: The Autobiography'

The next one will be 'Plenty Nonsense'