Ian Wright slams ‘vile’ Old Firm derby and ‘pro-Rangers’ media

An old firm game does have a vile atmosphere. Anybody that says different is flat out lying.

I don't think anyone here has claimed otherwise, the thing with Wright is that he's painting it as if it's all one sided.

No mention of support for terrorists who indiscriminately target and kill British citizens and soldiers of any religious persuasion at all renders his rant totally meaningless. What does disrupting a remembrance day silence with chants in support of terrorists who kill our citizens have to do with sport?

Yes, that's "vile" behaviour and I think that's the kind of thing he means but yes, I did write: "selecting our songs only" .

Edited by SteveC

Wright has a book to sell so much like Barton will be filling it with half truths and downright lies. He had absolutely no effect on our club, or indeed any other Scottish side during his short spell in Glasgow. He got chased out by that mob in the east end because he was picking up a fortune despite being garbage.

Wright must have been incredibly naive when he signed for the yahoos.

Did he not find it strange that they were supposedly a Scottish club but fly the Irish tricolour? Did he ever wonder why during his stay?

And did he believe all that 'club for all' nonsense the yahoos spout from time to time ?

Edited by RANGERRAB

Bizare that he thinks the press favour Rangers. I suppose there's an element of the Scottish fitba press who just enjoy beaten folk when they're down. He got it, Delia got it, John Barnes got it, Cascarino speaks 'fondly' of his treatment too, etc. Currently our turn.

Some selective recollections of crowd participation here from Mr Wright. He is right about the seemingly pro-Rangers press though as at the time they (his team) might have played some nice football but couldn't buy a win or league title against us. They were fortunate in my and the press of the times opinion to disrupt Rangers 10 in a row the year before he signed but it wasn't until O'Neil arrived a year or two later that they started to make any type of in roads. Theres a fair bit of 'spitting the dummie oot' in that extract but it is also a bit of mischief making by a now compliant pro-celtic press.

Its aww about the sporting integrity innit bruv?

Edited by Big Jaws

I don't think anyone here has claimed otherwise, the thing with Wright is that he's painting it as if it's all one sided.

Ian Wright is only going to talk about his experience of the old firm and it's going to be slanted one way. I would expect someone like Arthur Numan to give a different perspective.

Ian Wright is only going to talk about his experience of the old firm and it's going to be slanted one way. I would expect someone like Arthur Numan to give a different perspective.

If it were me I wouldn't talk about that facet of it at all if I don't want to depict both sides of it. It doesn't matter which side you play for the experience of being on the pitch is exactly the same regarding what's coming from either side of the terraces. There is only one perspective that incorporates the entirety.