Joey Barton - Is there a way back?

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiOtO6v19DPAhXrCcAKHfBGBlYQFggfMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cheltenhamfestivals.com%2Fliterature%2Fwhats-on%2F2016%2Fjoey-barton-with-owen-jones%2F&usg=AFQjCNFOlqldunJSsFjvJlK9I5OhuBv2Cg&sig2=9FWV4A_2ftjdGptmoeChzg

Going to be speaking to Owen Jones live at the Cheltenham Book Festival. Be interesting to see if he has similar political views. Cannot fathom how such an intelligent man can lose his cool so easily.

How intelligent is he? I've no idea.

Losing your cool is more a hormonal thing than intelligence - I believe high levels of testosterone can do that to you... Hence "'roid rage".

How intelligent is he? I've no idea.

Losing your cool is more a hormonal thing than intelligence - I believe high levels of testosterone can do that to you... Hence "'roid rage".

He certainly doesn't confirm to the brains in the feet stereotype as witness his appearances on the likes of Question Time; but you are right about testosterone. I wasn't meaning to get into a biomedical debate but I've had a doctor proscribe it for me as supposed treatment for my thyroid disease and I hardly recognised myself! Back to JB - somewhere at the back of my mind I have an uneasy feeling that the whole signing for RFC was a stunt to plug his book, the timing and all.Hope I'm wrong, for I think he and Halliday could be some partnership.

I still hold out hope that this can be resolved because I still believe he can be an invaluable addition the squad though admittedly that now seems unlikely given that he could have been back in training today and the club has blocked that. As for the gambling it's relatively trivial and having personally known a number of professional footballers almost every last one of them were gamblers who had a bet on football. Might be a cultural thing within the game.

His temperament is more of an issue than that but then we knew even before he signed that he was a hothead though to be fair he has valiantly contained it on the pitch. When he didn't explode against Kilmarnock after being hit with what could have been a career ending tackle I thought he had really got it under control because I feel that I myself and perhaps most players out there would have taken it somewhat less amicably than he did. Reminder of how bad that was.

379CA76000000578-0-image-a-1_1472244991560.jpg

My greatest concern is that if he has been abusive to the manager which we don't know for sure but if it is the case it's completely unacceptable and he has to humbly accept that to move on from this.