Joey Barton - Is there a way back?

I think the betting gives pretty good grounds for dismissal - and the radio stuff. However, there is a massive presumption that they won't be able to come to some kind of mutual agreement and that Barton will not waver from his full remaining contract.

Joey Barton is NOT giving up Rangers career and is DESPERATE to play for Scottish club again -

Rangers have extended Joey Barton's suspension for a further week

By talkSPORT - @talkSPORT

Monday, October 10, 2016

Joey Barton is refusing to give up on his Rangers career and is DESPERATE to play for the club again, talkSPORT understands.

According to sources close to the midfielder, Barton is fully fit and ready to return to action for the Scottish side after extra training sessions on a break in Qatar.

It has been reported the controversial midfielder's Ibrox career appears all but over having been told to stay away from the club for a further week.

Barton has not played for a month since being suspended by Rangers for a training ground altercation following their 5-1 defeat to Celtic.

He was due back at the club’s Auchenhowie training centre on Monday after missing their last four games, only to be told at the weekend that his ban had been extended.

Rangers are now considering further disciplinary action against the 34-year-old, but talkSPORT understands that Barton will still consider his future to be at Rangers until he is told otherwise.

The former Manchester City and QPR man has been using his time wisely during his exile by completing ‘another pre-season’, and considers himself fully match fit and ready to play again.

He has returned to Scotland from his break in the Middle East and is said to be ‘bursting’ to play.

However, his future at the club remains uncertain with recent reports suggesting Rangers could pay off the remainder of Barton’s £2million contract in a bid to get him out of the club.

The midfielder is also currently under investigation by the Scottish Football Association after being charged for breaking gambling rules by betting on 44 matches already during his short stay north of the border.

http://talksport.com/football/joey-barton-not-giving-rangers-career-and-desperate-play-scottish-club-again-talksport

WRT Black, if someone does something that is sack-able, it doesn't mean you have to sack them - it depends whether the management want to work with you any more - and other related factors. If they do then they can invoke disciplinary action instead, and warning of future behaviour. If they don't then they will invoke the dismissal.

Other factors are things like sell on value, football politics etc.

WRT Black, if someone does something that is sack-able, it doesn't mean you have to sack them - it depends whether the management want to work with you any more - and other related factors. If they do then they can invoke disciplinary action instead, and warning of future behaviour. If they don't then they will invoke the dismissal.

Other factors are things like sell on value, football politics etc.

I'm afraid things are more black and white when it comes to employment law. Not being an expert but if a company has rules and side steps for one person then others will look for the same treatment.

I'm afraid things are more black and white when it comes to employment law. Not being an expert but if a company has rules and side steps for one person then others will look for the same treatment.

I really don't think it works like that - ever... There is always a lot of discretion. No two employees have the same record nor exactly the same misconduct. There is no black and white about it.

I really don't think it works like that - ever... There is always a lot of discretion. No two employees have the same record nor exactly the same misconduct. There is no black and white about it.

It was Black and Simonsen, not Black and White.

There does have to be some level of consistency or the employee can claim victimisation. If you fine 2 people for betting then it becomes difficult to sack the third without being in a position where you would lose the tribunal case.

I have to agree with your point there cal.

I faced a disciplinary hearing and got a punishment far above what others had received. At appeal it was more or less proven that the company were seeking to punish me for periods of illness rather than what I was supposed to have done wrong. The punishment was overturned and I was recompensed what I'd lost.