Time to right a few wrongs - Rangers v Celtic

Make a curry with that green egg laying fowl.

I actually like curried eggs and potato's.

Just to get me into an old firm mood for tomorrow I have tried to make my own square slice sausage for the first time for breakfast tomorrow. It seems easy enough if it tastes okay. It may not be worth making it living in Glasgow but we obviously can't get it here. Potato scones are easy to make just as nice as the shops.

I know nothing to do with the game just burning up nervous energy.

Scott Brown: Brendan Rodgers is one step ahead of Mark Warburton

SCOTT BROWN claims Brendan Rodgers is one step ahead of rival Mark Warburton.

The Celtic skipper hailed his gaffer’s attention to detail ahead of today’s Betfred League Cup semi-final.

And he says Rodgers will have the Rangers boss sussed.

Broony said: “The gaffer knows how they will play and what changes they will make.

“He seems to be one step ahead of EVERYONE.

“His attention to detail is exceptional. I’ve never had a manager who looks at the size of the pitches and everything.”:D

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/celtic/7251439/Scott-Brown-Brendan-Rodgers-is-one-step-ahead-of-Mark-Warburton.html

Edited by ian1964

MARK WARBURTON knows Celtic’s fresh-faced marksmen are quick on the draw.

But the Rangers boss is convinced grizzled 38- year-old Clint Hill can make sure they are firing blanks at Hampden.

Hoops hitman Moussa Dembele was just ONE when the Ibrox veteran made his professional debut for Tranmere in October 1997.

Warburton concedes there is only one winner in a foot race between the two in today’s Betfred Cup semi-final.

But he reckons that Hill’s experience will be priceless in such a high-pressure game.

And he backed him to handle his Old Firm debut as well as Gers No 2 Davie Weir did.

Warbs said: “Do I have concerns about Clint? No.

“Just watch him. Like Kenny Miller, he is still playing at this age for a reason. Clint looks after himself so well.

“We did a really tough fitness test just before the international break and he finished in the middle.

“He was just about to turn 38 at the time and was beating players who are ten to 14 years younger than him.

“Clint has a tremendous outlook, he’s a great athlete and he’s a proven professional.

“Stewart Robertson tells a story about getting a cab in London for a meeting recently.

“The driver got talking about football and he was a QPR fan. He said to Stewart, ‘All I wish for is a team of 11 Clint Hills’.

“I know the Rangers fans sing the song about ‘a team of Davie Weirs’ and that’s the similarity.

“Clint is a great professional. He drove three hours to meet me at St George’s Park in the summer.

“That was the first sign I had a good pro. He said to me, ‘All I want is a chance to do well’.

“Clint has been given a chance and he’s taken it. He’s a top-class pro.

“Ideally, you want a 6ft 4in defender with great aerial ability, a great physique, who can pass the ball with both feet and run like Usain Bolt.

“The fact is those guys are in the English Premier League.

“What Clint has is a strong aerial ability, he can deal with a physical presence and has experience. His positioning is excellent, his pitch geography is very good.

“Clint won’t turn round and say he’s the quickest centre-half in the league but I have no worries about him whatsoever.”

Warburton was scarred by Rangers’ 5-1 Premiership defeat to Celtic at Parkhead last month.

He still maintains there wasn’t four goals in it but does concede his side didn’t have enough energy.

While the personnel will change today, the 4-3-3 system will not.

Warburton has taken stick for refusing to adapt his system but claims that his critics are showing a lack of awareness.

He again stressed he will never scrap his passing style and says it’s WRONG to label him one-dimensional.

He said: “We didn’t press enough the last time, that is for sure, but this rigidity of tactics?

“Because we don’t go with three at the back, or don’t go with two strikers, do people not think we move within the system?

“I keep hearing ‘He is stuck in the plan’ or ‘He won’t change’. Look at the game, we do change. Am I going to go direct? Long ball? 4-4-2? No, I am not going to ever do that.

“It doesn’t suit and it isn’t the way the game should be played in my opinion.

“My teams won’t play that way.

“There’s no ego in that, it is just how I see the game.

“I don’t rail against the criticism, it is football, it is opinion, I don’t mind that.

“But it’s a lack of awareness to look at how I play.

“There IS movement in how we play.

“Would I ever go with two up? Joe Garner is entrenched in 4-4-2, that is how he is used to it — target men, winning free-kicks and picking up second balls, that is fine.

“I am not saying that is wrong, it doesn’t suit us.

“But we don’t just have one up front. I want my players to go beyond.

“We attack with SIX — that is our main philosophy.”

Warburton also doesn’t care if Celtic know exactly how Rangers are going to approach the game.

He said: “I’m not comparing the teams, so don’t take this the wrong way, but I think people know how Barcelona play and it doesn’t mean they can stop them.

“People know how Spurs are going to play, with an energy and a purpose. The trick is stopping them.

“That goes the same with any business. I believe we can keep evolving and improving and maintain a high level of performance.”

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/rangers/7251340/Clint-Hill-is-ready-to-make-Mark-Warburtons-day-at-Hampden.html

RANGERS and Celtic go head-to-head at Hampden on Sunday for a place in the Betfred Cup final.

Celtic are looking to bounce back from midweek Champions League defeat to Borussia Monchengladbach with a morale-boosting win over their fierce rivals.

While Rangers aim to banish the memory of that 5-1 Premiership defeat and close in on the first major silverware of the season.

They say these games are unpredictable - but that hasn't stopped SunSport's top team from sticking their heads on the block...

David Friel

After losing 5-1 at Parkhead, Rangers will surely tighten things up but Celtic should still have too much for Mark Warburton's side.

Prediction: Rangers 1 Celtic 2

Kenny Millar

You'd expect Rangers will offer more this time around but Celtic have too much firepower. Tired legs from the Champions League should keep the score down.

Prediction: Rangers 0 Celtic 2

Gareth Law

Rangers have improved since the sides met last month but Celtic still look far too strong and will expose the Ibrox side's creaking defence.

Prediction: Rangers 1 Celtic 3

Colin Duncan

Another high scoring encounter could be on the cards with Celtic looking to possess the greater firepower in forward areas.

Prediction: Rangers 2 Celtic 3

Andy Devlin

I expect another high scoring encounter but a lot closer than last month.

Prediction: Rangers 2 Celtic 3

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/7250951/Who-are-SunSports-top-team-tipping-for-Old-Firm-glory.html

My wife has a hen that lays blue eggs and a hen that lays green eggs. Today I ate the green eggs so as they are shite tomorrow. Tomorrow I will just leave the blue eggs in the cup and the blue egg hen in the coup.:D

NYZjbVB.jpg

1evwi4S.jpg

This is real and no photo shop.

more to the point , what is she feeding them :eek:

I'm worried to death about today if I'm honest and fearing another humiliation. Not because I think Keltic are that much better than us - I don't - but because of our centre backs. I presume Wilson is injured? Can't understand why we have so many left-sided defenders, that in itself creates an imbalance. Was good to hear MW claim he made mistakes (leaving Halliday out last time was certainly one) but he seems wedded to 4-3-3 when I think with our defence we need 2 holding centre mids. Barton and Halliday would have been perfect (better than Brown and Bitton) so I suppose the nearest is Rossiter and Halliday. McKay seems to be well off form now which is a big concern. Keltic have a bigger squad but apart from Dembele there's really no one from their squad I would want in ours.

Hoping Kenny can be our talisman again.