Who Ate All the Pies.....Rangers v Kilmarnock Preview

His mistake for the goal aside, Hodson seems reliable enough but he's nowhere near as effective as Tav is.

I'm of the same opinion about Waggy as well. He's been poor lately but, IMO, is still our best option in terms of a goal-scoring threat.

Just throwing this up for discussion not what I recommend. To get Waggy in the middle there are 3 options I think.

If Garner can play out wide left then he would be a huge threat coming in for headers at the back post if McKay or O'Halloran could get in decent crosses. The other 2 options would be to go 4-4-2 or 3-5-2. 3-5-2 would probably mean Hill, Kiernan and Wilson. If Crooks could do what Ball did last season then the 3-5-2 could be a viable option. I doubt it would be a good idea with Halliday as defending mid. In a 4-4-2 you would probably have to have Tav and Wallace as half-backs which would be detrimental to the wing play. I doubt if Warburton will change the system but our biggest problem is getting people in the box and if Miller or Garner drop deep then there is totally nobody in the box, O'Halloran or McKay can put in world class crosses but if there is no one there to get on the end of them then it is just a wasted ball.

What happened to that forward pressure it has all but disappeared. Warburton should let them watch a Liverpool game to see how to do it properly.

I'm expecting the manager to start with the same team as Wednesday (Tav aside) so a formation along these lines:

Cv2vPSKWgAEvBit.jpg

Valid fan frustrations aside, I thought we played well in the first half v St Johnstone so it makes sense to retain the same side/system. Key for the manager is his 2nd half changes. All attackers fell out of it after half-time so we have to make better subs when our forward players tire.

Too often this season we've struggled in the second half so will be interesting to see how MW approaches this tomorrow. Three points a must!

I'm expecting the manager to start with the same team as Wednesday (Tav aside) so a formation along these lines:

Cv2vPSKWgAEvBit.jpg

Valid fan frustrations aside, I thought we played well in the first half v St Johnstone so it makes sense to retain the same side/system. Key for the manager is his 2nd half changes. All attackers fell out of it after half-time so we have to make better subs when our forward players tire.

Too often this season we've struggled in the second half so will be interesting to see how MW approaches this tomorrow. Three points a must!

Only Celtic and Aberdeen have managed to score goals against us in the second half...also most of Rangers goals this season have came after the break.

Only Celtic and Aberdeen have managed to score goals against us in the second half...also most of Rangers goals this season have came after the break.

That's true but in several games we've not been as good after half-time - including our last three league games). Perhaps I should have added recently... ;)

Generally we're very inconsistent over the 90min period and I'd struggle to name one league game we've played well throughout.

Still stand by going with nigh the same line up as we had on Wednesday ...

Foderingham

Hodson - Kiernan - Hill - Wallace

Holt - Halliday - Forrester

O'Halloran - Garner - Dodoo

... with Windass, Waghorn, McKay, Tav, and Miller on stand-by, as soon as someone is tiring.

That's true but in several games we've not been as good after half-time - including our last three league games). Perhaps I should have added recently... ;)

Generally we're very inconsistent over the 90min period and I'd struggle to name one league game we've played well throughout.

Losing the first goal of the game is a real problem this year, we don't seem to be able to cope with it very well, taking in the 10 league matches so far we've conceded first in 6 of them, only in the game against Motherwell have we recovered to take all three points and we left it very late that day. We really need to score first as in the 3 games we've managed to do this Rangers have won them all.

Never seen him as much of a Rangers man. He never celebrated his goals which was strange at the time, and then pretty much did nothing for the second half of the season (seemingly in some sort of huff) and then left.

There's maybe a story there but it's never been properly told.

He could have been a legend...