Who Ate All the Pies.....Rangers v Kilmarnock Preview

Thoroughly enjoyed that.

Lots of superb individual performances but the team played well together today which won us the game easily. This was obtained via hard work, a high press from us and good football at a high tempo. Essentially there was an intensity throughout the side which has been missing all too often this season.

In terms of our best player, you could make an argument for Windass, Garner, MOH, Holt or even Hill but Kenny Miller was magnificent and we really missed him dictating the play fro deeper positions when he went off. A quick word for Clint Hill and Rob Kiernan though - the former has brought a real appetite to organising the defence and assuming responsibility for how that unit plays. Meanwhile, Kiernan has struggled this season and deserved to be dropped (injured or not) but he's been very good for the last few games.

Meanwhile, Kiernan has struggled this season and deserved to be dropped (injured or not) but he's been very good for the last few games.

And if Wilson can return and be an improvement on Kiernan as most think he is we might be getting the defence organized at last. Start putting them away at a ratio compatible with our dominance and we're on our way even before the January strengthening King has promised.

Great day, great performance and wonderful to watch. I feel that should be the starting eleven next week and see how we go. I can feel an apology to How Garner coming from me the way things are going, he was fantastic again today.

They all were tbh. Imo by far the best this season and MOH is the star man.

I also think Jason holt has been our best and most consistent player all season and was great again today.

I always thought Garner may come good given the chance of a run of games which he hasn't been given. The PNE fans all said that he is a confidence player who needs a run of games to get into his stride and now for the first time we gave him just two consecutive starts and he returns two goals. I couldn't believe the criticism he and his signing was getting when he hadn't even had the chance to start two consecutive games.

Great day, great performance and wonderful to watch. I feel that should be the starting eleven next week and see how we go. I can feel an apology to How Garner coming from me the way things are going, he was fantastic again today.

They all were tbh. Imo by far the best this season and MOH is the star man.

I also think Jason holt has been our best and most consistent player all season and was great again today.

I felt Holt disappeared in the second half but was indeed good in the first half

I felt Holt disappeared in the second half but was indeed good in the first half

I just feel in general over the piece this season he has been our most consistent in midfield. In all honesty Pete they all drifted out the game as it fizzled out towards the end.

Edited by cooponthewing

I always thought Garner may come good given the chance of a run of games which he hasn't been given. The PNE fans all said that he is a confidence player who needs a run of games to get into his stride and now for the first time we gave him just two consecutive starts and he returns two goals. I couldn't believe the criticism he and his signing was getting when he hadn't even had the chance to start two consecutive games.

Easy up JFK, if people(ie, me)are big enough to say they misjudged someone it's a bit rude to rub it in so to speak. Fwiw as I said at the time I am happy to be proved wrong, let's hope Garner continues with the confidence as he looks a smashing player. He should try and leave out the "afters" and the off the ball stuff though, it will get him sent off one of these days. I think that may be part of his game.