What's the achievement if you vote for your only competitors not to be in the league, and you have therefore won titles not on the pitch?

#TaintedTitles #WorthlessTitles

Not only did they vote with an obvious conflict of interest, they circumvented the democratic process by blackmailing the other clubs. They literally cheated.

I think this is something we should never forget nor forgive. It is something I believe we would never have done.

Edited by calscot

Not only did they vote with an obvious conflict of interest, they circumvented the democratic process by blackmailing the other clubs. They literally cheated.

I think this is something we should never forget nor forgive. It is something I believe we would never have done.

Agree with this 100%,but for me the whole of Scottish football are guilty of trying to kill Rangers and it has finished me with Scottish football,if it wasn't for Rangers I would be lost as regards football, I for one will never forget or forgive them!.

What's the achievement if you vote for your only competitors not to be in the league, and you have therefore won titles not on the pitch?

#TaintedTitles #WorthlessTitles

Sorry Del I think you and the others that think that are totally wrong. With Celtic it is not about the sporting achievement it is being better than Rangers. If they win 10 in a row there will be street parties from here to Boston. Just the one-upmanship will feed there obsession for years. Do you really think they give a shit how they won the titles? At the end of the day their name will be on the trophy and 30-40 years down the line that is all that counts really.

Sorry Del I think you and the others that think that are totally wrong. With Celtic it is not about the sporting achievement it is being better than Rangers. If they win 10 in a row there will be street parties from here to Boston. Just the one-upmanship will feed there obsession for years. Do you really think they give a shit how they won the titles? At the end of the day their name will be on the trophy and 30-40 years down the line that is all that counts really.

I'm not saying that they won't but I'm not bothered what they think. They can party all they like and have all the jelly and ice cream that they want but it won't change the fact that many of their titles are tainted (and we're not a new club).

I'm not saying that they won't but I'm not bothered what they think. They can party all they like and have all the jelly and ice cream that they want but it won't change the fact that many of their titles are tainted (and we're not a new club).

I am afraid only in the eyes of Rangers supporters the rest of the world will read what is on the can. I personally hope we break their grip as soon as possible so as we can say"You only won 6 in a row because the Rangers weren't there for 4 of the years. We have then the ball back in our court.

I will be honest, them getting 10 is not a pleasant thought for me, at all. It is a very real possibility although we would have to hope that over the next 2-3 years we will have our chance to stop them?. Problem is we don't look near them at the moment and while the fat man is lingering like a dose of anthrax we are financially incapable of mounting a challenge.

Would the fans, in an attempt to stem the tide, assist the club in raising a substantial transfer kitty to ensure it doesn't happen if Celtic get to 7, 8 or 9 ? It is an interesting proposition if it gets that far and there would be more at play than just having the money to compete....

Something to think about....

Financially (at the moment) the gap between us & them is very noticeable, however our finances will receive a massive boost from this season alone. While they have been raking in the cash from Champ league etc, they haven't exactly slurged on the 1st team - barring a couple of decent money signings who are constantly injured.

Also bear in mind that over the course of the season, we only play them 4 times, therefore if we are better than everyone else, we will be snapping at their heels. In terms of the league we need to ensure that we are better than the rest, and let the games against them take care of themselves.

At the moment they have a 9-pt gap (with a game in hand).....thats not an insurmountable gap at this stage of the season. All it take is a few injuries & ropey results for them & we're back in the hunt (providing we keep doing well)

I think we will give them a run for their money this season, but no change of winning the title. Next season is a different ball-game - it then all depends on how each team works in the transfer market etc.

10-in-a-row.....never gonna happen!!!!

Money-wise, when we're established in the SP and qualifying for Europe, we'll be in the same ballpark, but there are several places where they have the advantage.

The most obvious is merchandising. Then there is the CL money that they have been gaining without competition for the last 5 years. With us in the league they end up with about 5k more at their matches.

Because of their advantages in this area, they have a good chance of staying ahead if they keep winning the league - CL money is far more than EL and then they have rigged the prize money so that first is much more than second.

All this will be a bit of a golden circle for them, and one we have to break somehow - either by being incredibly savvy, lucky or bridging the financial gap by providing external funds from shareholders.

Of course they might also have some kind of melt down.

They were in a similar position during our NIAR, but they managed to pull it back to pretty much even again, so we have to look to see how we can do that ourselves.

Even then, while I don't think they are generally right in the head when it comes to their club and related stuff, I think they still have an advantage over us. One thing that they are good at is sticking together for the cause and having a lot of their ilk putting themselves in positions of power and the media - and that's another disadvantage we have.

Even though their main shareholder is about as despotic and self serving as Murray, he is still one of them.

Sometimes it's difficult to compete when you are sane, rational, fair-minded and have other, normal priorities in your life, when up against crazed, irrational zealots who never tire of attacking you, no matter how preposterous their ammunition is.

The irony is that you would think the club is the hero of the piece against an insidious, nefarious force, but their propaganda has been so relentless that the rest have been brainwashed into the club being strangely seen as the evil villain.

Sometimes it looks like we have a mountain to climb.

Where's those bags of Tudor when you need them... ;)

Edited by calscot

10 in a row for them isn't the same achievement as 9IAR was for us. They've essentially had no competition and I'm including this year. I hope we start challenging seriously soon, but this 5 years down the line bandwagon stuff is boring. There's a little bit too much love being thrown at this Celtic team just now. I hope they keep believing the hype as it'll be their downfall

We hardly had much competition either.