Rangers v Dundee match preview

Ah, the good old days.

It was but a cup game, but these are the same players we see these days and games like these show us what they are capable of. Makes it a little more frustrating to watch some of them at this moment and time. Let's hope we get our act together again.

Edited by der Berliner

Tomorrows opponents will be the 21st league meeting of the 21st century between the sides.

Of the previous 20 Rangers have lost only once, that came on 14th March 2001.

Dick Advocate's injury ravaged side lost 0-2 at Ibrox where Claudio Caniggia opened the scoring on 14 minutes, Stephen Milne netted the 2nd goal deep into stoppage time. The defeat left Rangers 16 points behind leaders Celtic

Missing the game through injury or suspension were Arthur Numan, Jorg Albertz, Ronald de Boer, Peter Lovenkrands, Tugay, Claudio Reyna, Fernando Ricksen, Michael Mols, Neil McCann, Tony Vidmar, Giovanni van Bronckhorst, Rod Wallace and Kenny Miller.

Rangers team that night: Klos, Moore, Wilson, Amoruso (Kaupilla 83), Porrini, Carson (Dodds 46), Konterman, Ferguson, Johnston (Malcolm 50), Gayle, Flo.

Subs Not Used: Christiansen, Leven.

Craig Moore saw red on 48 minutes, Lorenzo Amoruso was left with a hole in his thigh after a challenge six minutes from the end, the injury would keep him out for a month.

There have been three cup meetings over the same period with Rangers winning all 3.

A superb run of results against them in recent history P23 W19 D3 L1.

Going back a little further Dundee were a bit of a bogey side for us (In fairness almost every side were our bogey team during this period!:D2). From April 82 through to Sept 86 we met them 17 times on league business gaining just five wins, they also ended our Scottish Cup hopes in 1984 and 1985.

How things go tomorrow is anybody's guess, all we can hope is that we produce the same performance last time we played them at Ibrox.

Am I hoping for too much?

Missing the game through injury or suspension were Arthur Numan, Jorg Albertz, Ronald de Boer, Peter Lovenkrands, Tugay, Claudio Reyna, Fernando Ricksen, Michael Mols, Neil McCann, Tony Vidmar, Giovanni van Bronckhorst, Rod Wallace and Kenny Miller.

Holy shit, what a list to have missing.

Good preview Coop, and fingers crossed for a win for Jean!

I have a feeling Waggy could start tomorrow - perhaps in place of Garner. I'd stick with Miller and MOH on either flank which I expect MW to do.

Hope to see Forrester make the bench at least too. Would like to see him get a run out at some point.

I would love to see a 4-4-2. Miller and Garner up top would terrify any defence, MOH and Harry wide .

Jason Holt with a free roll from midfield..........................................probably why I'm just a supporter and no the manager .:laugh2:

Waghorn - just no.