Rangers v Dundee match preview

Top teams play like this so why shouldn't we, it's about keeping the ball and possession so the team with the ball control the game, do you want us lumping the ball up the park now again just to mix it up?

Our players need to be more clinical in front of goal, and I would hope a clinical striker is our top transfer target in January, but apart from that it's night and day IMO to where we were even before Ally to where we are now in our style of play and set up.

As I said I am enjoying it more than I have for a long time and I hope it continues. If this is torture then it will do for me and I can only see us getting better once all our new signings settle in and get more game time.

we're not a top team

and doing the same thing all the time is boring and predictable that is why its so easy to play against.

we're not a top team

and doing the same thing all the time is boring and predictable that is why its so easy to play against.

I never said we were did I, but don't you want us to be one again or would you rather we go back to playing how we used to which IMO was so boring to watch? We need some better players to fit in to this system and hopefully that will come in the near future.

Keep going with your one or two liners without giving any suggestions on how you would improve our team and style of play and how this would be more beneficial to us than what we are doing now. I get you don't like this style of play but to say we need to mix it up is a bit vague and offers nothing.

Some fans need to get a bit more realistic to where we have been and where we are now and where we are trying to get to. We are improving and will continue to improve playing like this IMO and more fan support would be great, isn't that why we support our team to get behind them during the good and bad times?

It can be frustrating at times of course, but to say torture is shocking. I thought it was torture when McCoist was in charge and I wasn't looking forward to any game under him and in his last season I missed quite a few which I haven't done for a long time.

I thought we played we well against a team who I don't think once tried to the play the ball on the ground and were horrible to watch, no wonder Scottish football is at the level it is.

What style would you have us play? The long ball like under McCoist or at least try and play some football on the ground?

I like MW's style he is trying to play but I understand some don't but surely it's better than what you have seen for years before him?

2013/14

2014/15

Truly harrowing. They should release season review DVDs and market them under 'horror'.

In essence, had we someone with a killer touch and scored the odd goal or two more, we would not have this discussion.

As for frustration ... as I said before, you can be disappointed about us trying "the same" every time and hope for the best, BUT a) we don't have some genius like Kranjcar who picks a pass or goal out of nothing right now, nor do we b) play teams that attempt to play themselves. They are out to double up and frustrate our folk, destroy any decent ink up play ... and that is that. And you (i.e. the players that we have right now) can only do so much. To demand more than there is is rather pointless.

You have to be realistic about what the team can deliver in its current state.

We can be both pleasing on the eye and frustrating but while not wishing to return to the long ball days I find myself yelling at the goalkeeper to punt the ball on occasion as he is at some stage more than likely to cost us a goal.

So the mix it up strategy makes some sense.