Rangers v Dundee match preview

We really need a poacher of some sort up front. I thought there were some decent deliveries into the box today but no one to get on the end of them.

I think the jury's still out on Garner but Miller needs replaced. Maybe Forrester's goal today will get him back into the starting XI ahead of Miller because he's more of a goal threat for starters.

But we do need to start scoring more goals, especially with hertz & aberdeen games coming up. That needs sorted in the january transfer window along with a defensive MF player.

However I don't think we're as far away as some think. We do lack quality in 3 or 4 positions. Sort that & we'll be ready for next season

the quality we lack though is in every key position, CH, striker and creator

there also seems to be this robotic , turgid slavish devotion to passing that yields nothing

We need to switch it to a 4-1-3-2.

Have to say I was switching channels as it was so boring to watch. (Mind you I had a big bet on the English games)

Unleash Waghorn upfront with Miller / Dodoo.

Garner isn't at the races IMO. We cant afford a posh Kris Boyd at the moment.

Kranjcar is going to be some miss, he is more effective now that he isn't available.

But its a win - that should be a lift...take it as a positive.

Did you watch the game Gribz (not having a dig BTW) ? Not sure how anyone can say that Garner isn't at the races after his performance today. Was our MOTM, the only thing that didn't happen was that he didn't score.

If anyone should be dropping to make way for Waghorn it should be Miller. Garner the better performer of the two today and comfortably so.

Teams that are set up just to defend must be one of the most frustrating experiences watching a match. It reminds me of European games at Ibrox before the rule of the away goal counting double. Despite the many good players we had, midfield and up front, we still couldn't penetrate them very often. It was always the call to get somebody with guile, to create the pass that would open the defence up, I think Krankjar was supposed to be that player.

Perhaps we will try for someone else in January.

Can anyone explain the substitution of Windass ?

We will not hammer anyone until we learn to be more aggressive in the final third and not take the easy option to play the ball back.

The 5 or 10 percent extra will see us over the line. Only a fool would say that we deserved to do anything other than win today.

Did you watch the game Gribz (not having a dig BTW) ? Not sure how anyone can say that Garner isn't at the races after his performance today. Was our MOTM, the only thing that didn't happen was that he didn't score.

If anyone should be dropping to make way for Waghorn it should be Miller. Garner the better performer of the two today and comfortably so.

Miller has been arguably our best player this season so far,Waghorn hasn't really kicked a ball yet!,and Miller was one of our best players again today

I get the feeling that Garner is a goal avalanche waiting to happen. He's a bundle of aggression noising up opposition defenders and getting into positions to score. I read reports before the match where Hartley with a side on a 2 game winning run was threatening to "test them"

What a load of waffle. All they tested was spectator patience with an entertainment killing display of park the bus.

Thought Garner was at best meh, never thought I'd see a Rangers striker with less ability to time a run into the box than Nicky Clarke but I have now.

Holt, Hill, Windass and even Kiernan to name but a few put in way better performances than Garner today.

If Windass hasn't got a niggle today then that substitution was batshit.