Rangers v Dundee match preview

I quite simply dont know what you were watching Ian if you can defend that Miller performance yesterday. Absolutely honking he was, not one shot at goal he attempted, not one creative pass he made. He was a total passenger, and not for the first time this season either.

16-17 stats - Miller has started 13 games and came on as sub in another 6, so 19 appearances, 3 goals. (Waghorn has 8 goals in far fewer games BTW) One goal less than Clint Hill. He is our number 9 FFS. About as much of a goal threat as me or you. I dont think it is entirely coincidental that we look totally toothless up front when Miller is in our front 3.

Granted the other strikers have been honking as well, but the praise this guy is getting this season on a return of 3 goals in 19 games for a forward is completely ignoring the facts. Last game at Dingwall at 1-0 he is clean through for an easy finish and fumbled and stumbled that much he didnt even get a shot off, yet some were saying he had a good game. That could have sealed the game and he blew it. Again.

How many bad games can this guy have before he gets dropped for good? Waghorn, Garner, Dodoo, McKay, Forrester, MOH all get dropped after a few bad performances, but not the bold Kenny boy. For all he may be a fantastic guy to have around the dressing room, and great with passing on his experience to the younger ones, it is performances on the pitch that matter and he has been a total failure this season.

All I hear around me is "unlucky Kenny" as yet another pass is just too soft or too hard or is intercepted, or his control lets him down. At what stage does it become obvious it is not luck but lack of talent that is the reason the passes dont find their man, that he doesnt find the target, that he isnt in the right spot to receive, that he just misses the header.

3 goals in 19 games says it all - Miller is a failure. In some cases you can make stats say anything you want. Not in this case - they say it all.

miller's finished

and was finished long before he was offered another deal in the summer.

miller's finished

and was finished long before he was offered another deal in the summer.

But if he's not playing, who are we going to put in charge of waving their arms around or wearing a wee boy about to burst into tears face ?

But if he's not playing, who are we going to put in charge of waving their arms around or wearing a wee boy about to burst into tears face ?

Quite a few on here would fill that roll no problem!

Edited by ian1964

Miller has been arguably our best player this season so far,Waghorn hasn't really kicked a ball yet!,and Miller was one of our best players again today

I agree, but I think you might be missing my point Ian.

My point was simply that based on yesterday's performance you wouldn't drop Garner for Waghorn. He was better than Miller yesterday.

If it was me I would drop neither Garner NOR Miller as I think that they are both playing fairly well.

I agree, but I think you might be missing my point Ian.

My point was simply that based on yesterday's performance you wouldn't drop Garner for Waghorn. He was better than Miller yesterday.

If it was me I would drop neither Garner NOR Miller as I think that they are both playing fairly well.

I'd much rather see Forrester play in he role Miller played yesterday. Much more of a goal threat for starters

That game was so bad there is absolutely no way I will be re-watching any of it!

If that game was "so bad", I wonder what you'd say if we have a "really bad game", i.e. one we all agree upon that it was "bad". I mean, it is all about opinions, but at some stage some sort of objectivity should step in and put things into perspective. And the only thing that can be said about or last few games - for a team of our current standard - that was "bad" is that we did not convert our chances.