Resolution 11 fails by <1%

Looks to me this is McCoist's revenge on King for not reinstating him as manager after him & t3b took control.

McCoist holding such a large shareholding & not voting needs dealt with in some way. Can't someone buy his shares? Club1872?

Snatched from FF, where the thread has since been closed, as they won't want to start any witch hunt without hard facts ...

Sons of Struth's take on it. Craig seems to think it will not get passed.

What happens if resolution 11 doesn't get passed?

The resolution would allow the board to issue and sell new shares to selected parties. If it fails to get passed the 75% required the board can still have a share issue (res 10 should be passed already after postal votes) but need to offer shares proportionally to existing shareholders first.

Basically that would mean if the club do run a share issue without res 11 being passed then they need to offer shares to Ashley, Easdale et al.

The small group on Twitter advocating voting against this resolution will no doubt be happy if, as I predict, the resolution fails. In reality if they get their desired result the club will be left with the following choices

A) do NOT run a new share issue which could provide up to £20m and leave the club debt free with £6-£8m in the bank

Or

B) Run a share issue but be duty bound to offer Ashley etc more shares.

I thought we all wanted rid of the above shareholders and a healthier financial position for our club but it seems some self proclaimed Internet financial experts just haven't thought things through before writing blogs and attempting to influence others.

Club 1872 have a substantial pot of money sitting to buy shares and if the club do run a share issue then this money could go to the club instead of buying existing shares which would see the owner of these shares receive the money.

You would think any fan would prefer the first option yet some seem hell bent on this not happening and this would leave club 1872 duty bound to go to the market and buy existing shares from any seller.

A strange thing happened at the AGM yesterday. Some of the internets most prolific moaners attended the meeting but remained seated while the shareholders were allowed to ask questions, others who happily go to Ibrox on non match days and demand to talk to directors didn't even turn up when they had the ideal opportunity to field their questions.

Not a single shareholder was denied a question yet some with some serious questions and claims decided to ignore the opportunity. I can't understand that stance as when I wasn't happy with the old directors I done something about it and wasn't scared to stand up and voice my opinion in public. Maybe it was easier for me as I had the conviction of being right so maybe they just don't have the same conviction to stand up in public and voice their concerns. If you have real concerns then as a fan do as much as you can. But if you don't then don't turn up for AGMs or sit on your hands when you have the ultimate opportunity to air your concerns.

I'm sure those who wanted the resolution to fail will be the same ones moaning in a few months "where's the investment?" when their wishes actually make new investment harder. Watch this space as they will be along soon ranting about it.

I'm off to get a subway to the game now and hopefully enjoy 90 mins away from the eternal ether of this wee band of experts online tirades, trying to convince me that their business brain is better than mine as they use fancier words to prove their opinion is right.

I'm just a fan that would like the money the fans have saved together to buy more shares and our club could benefit from the purchase rather than buy the same shares in the open market but what do I know?

http://forum.followfollow.com/showthread.php?1098090-Resolution-11-(141-Viewing)&p=24784638#post24784638