[FT] Partick Thistle 1 - 2 Rangers (Dodoo 81; 94)

Interesting preview.

As for the line-up, a 4-4-2 might be interesting, if only it won't disintegrate as much as our 4-3-3 does. For honestly, we hardly kept much shape beyond Halliday in recent weeks. My greatest point of bother is that some players are so "dynamic" that they are constantly "out of position". Hence so many crosses and flanks into the area where - consequently - no-one is about. Switching sides might be good to irritate the opposition every now and then, but don't do it continually, as it befuddles your fellow players too.

Saturday will be hard again, as Thistle will go for it, much like Ross County and Killie did. And if that does not work, the parked-bus will be apparent. We do need some more people with the will to shoot from all angles, hence Forrester IMHO is a must. Likewise O'Halloran, who might hurt them early on with his pace on the break. I would actually go as far as trying out Dodoo on the left first, with Forrester in the leftish midfield slot. Windass and McKay for later on.

Foderingham

Tavernier - Kiernan/Wilson - Hill - Wallace

Holt - Halliday - Forrester

O'Halloran - Garner - Dodoo

Edited by der Berliner

My one and only trip to Firhill was as a raw 15 year old on a freezing rainy winter Saturday afternoon where we scrapped a 1-1 draw. Laudrup was away on international duty and was badly missed. IIRC Davie Robertson snatched a 1-1 draw.

Cant see how Miller can be left out of anyones XI at the moment, he is playing the best of any of our strikers.

I would like to see 4-4-2 (or call it 4-1-3-2 these days). This team for me has balance, width, creativity and pace. The sooner Waghorn gets a run and his shooting boots on the better IMO.

EDIT - After listening to MW's press conference Waghorn is just back training so unlikely to start. Ive replaced him with Dodoo.

Foderingham

Tavernier Kiernan Hill Wallace

Halliday

O'Hallaran Windass Forrester

Miller Dodoo

Edited by Gribz

We've scored in every away game; but only managed 2 at Dundee on 13 August. Five games since then, one goal in each.

We've also failed to keep a clean sheet in all bar one game, at Inverness on 14 October.

Thistle have lost twice 2-1 to Aberdeen and like us drawn 1-1 with Ross County and (2-2) with Hamilton, they've also beaten Inverness and Dundee by better scores than us (2-0).

The "obvious" forecast" from a neutral standpoint is 1-1 and no doubt this one will be tight, but not being neutral I've gone for an optimistic 2-1 in the Prediction League but can see it being decided late on.

Edited by BrahimHemdani
added "obvious" forecast