With the newest alleged UEFA investigation into the ââ?¬Ë?Simply The Bestââ?¬â?¢ song in Osasuna, Rangers have to wage war on two fronts if they have any hope of coming out of this ââ?¬Ë?warââ?¬â?¢ unscathed.

Dignified Silence Is No Longer An Option

SDM needs to realise that a ââ?¬Ë?dignified silenceââ?¬â?¢ in the face of sensationalist headlines is no longer an option. The club has to come out fighting here. We are not looking for UEFA to ignore any discriminatory songs, we are asking for a level playing field. It is time for the club to take of the kid gloves and hit back here. It sounds petty, but we have to highlight other clubs fans who sing discriminatory songs and prove that we arenââ?¬â?¢t the only club in Europe who have an issue. Hell, we arenââ?¬â?¢t even the only club in Glasgow who has an issue. There is plenty of evidence out there to prove this. A quick search of You Tube will bring up videos of Celtic fans singing IRA, sectarian and other vile songs, itââ?¬â?¢ll bring up videos of West Ham fans singing anti-Jewish and racist songs, itââ?¬â?¢ll show evidence of Aberdeen fans singing discriminatory songs, hell, you can even see the TA singing anti-English racist songs.

Celtic fans are getting worried as they have tried their best to get the ââ?¬Ë?press bus incidentââ?¬â?¢ in Milan rubbished and certain sections of the media have as usual been very obliging in ââ?¬Ë?coveringââ?¬â?¢ this up. As well as showing UEFA that we arenââ?¬â?¢t the only club with an issue, we have to highlight this to the Scottish press. This may turn out to be harder than convincing UEFA. Rangers, as a club must invite the editors of the newspapers to Ibrox and show them ââ?¬Ë?You Tube Videosââ?¬â?¢ of other Scottish clubs indulging in discriminatory songs and if they do not splash this all over their front pages, the club must take them to task over this. As with UEFA, we are not asking for preferential treatment, just parity.

In our quest for parity both here in Scotland in Europe, it is my belief that Rangers could do worse than enlisting the services of Donald Findlay QC. Ok, SDM treated DF like shit and hung him out to dry, but in our hour of need, DF wouldn�t let us down. He is the best in the country and we need the best at the moment.

F�ing The Pope Id No Longer An Option

The club, hopefully with the help of the RST need to lead an initiative informing Rangers fans that fââ?¬â?¢ing the pope and using F***** as a discriminatory term is going to KILL the club we love. It is my view that once we eradicate effteepee and ââ?¬Ë?f*****ââ?¬â?¢, we are, (like Neil Lennon) untouchable. This is where we need leadership, direction and clarity from the club.

No one appears to want to define what is deemed ââ?¬Ë?sectarianââ?¬â?¢, so lets pre-empty the discussion and lay down the ââ?¬Ë?lawââ?¬â?¢. Letââ?¬â?¢s lead from the front, and admit that singing fââ?¬â?¢ the pope is sectarian as is using fe**** as a discriminatory term (this is a grey area, but bare with me). If we are first to announce such things, it puts pressure on others to follow suit. We can then draw a line in the sand and say, ââ?¬Ë?we have defined what terms/songs our fans sing that are discriminatory songs. These will be stopped, BUT nothing else is up for debate. Union flags, GSTQ, RB, Derrys Walls, The Sash et al, whilst not being football songs, THEY ARE NOT SECTARIAN NOR ARE THEY DISCRIMINATORY.

Failure to take action on both fronts isnââ?¬â?¢t an option either, if we fail to do this, Rangers will continued be hammered from pillar to post by a Celtic Minded Scottish media (and political base) and UEFA not to mention the MOPES (most offended people ever, yip, the tims). A quick and decisive attack on both fronts will highlight the ââ?¬Ë?one-sidedââ?¬â?¢ sensationalist journalism in this country and will force UEFA to open up a whole can of worms regarding a European wide crack down on discriminatory songs.

Cammy F

A lot of good points, but i'm gonna disagree on a couple

Firstly, no no no and god no ... please don't ever let Donald Findlay anywhere near our club again!

and

Secondly ... whilst i agree that we need to eradicate the 'banned' songs, i do feel that we need to move on altogether and start to phase out some other non-football related songs too, because i feel that if we cling to them, then the idiots that are currently ruining our club will just continue to hang around our club ... as i said in another thread, i walk up towards Ibrox on Saturday and i see BNP trash being peddled ... i have absolutely no doubts that it is our rule Britannia, etc, image that attracts this kind of idiot, and always will unless we move on!!

Sorry friend but like it or lump it Scotland is part of Britain so we as a support will continue to sing Rule Britania and GSTQ

You speak for 52,000 people now, do you? I'm sorry, but i'll be voting to end this sorry Union in May, so you don't speak for me matey!!! :mad:

I go to watch football anyway, not sing about politics and religion, and as Craig says, why not sing a Scottish song, doesn't make you any less British, does it? I cringe when i hear the idiots amongst our support booing Scottish songs! :sigh:

You speak for 52,000 people now, do you? I'm sorry, but i'll be voting to end this sorry Union in May, so you don't speak for me matey!!! :mad:

I go to watch football anyway, not sing about politics and religion, and as Craig says, why not sing a Scottish song, doesn't make you any less British, does it? I cringe when i hear the idiots amongst our support booing Scottish songs! :sigh:

no need imo

U always (as far as i mind) jump on the anti british band waggon.. at every chance you get i will never stop singing GSTQ and RB we are british! as for it attracting "idiots" with these songs what attracts the arseholes imo is attitudes! toward each other the "fuck them" mentality "i will sing what i want"

no need imo

U always (as far as i mind) jump on the anti british band waggon.. at every chance you get i will never stop singing GSTQ and RB we are british! as for it attracting "idiots" with these songs what attracts the arseholes imo is attitudes! toward each other the "fuck them" mentality "i will sing what i want"

Sorry Del but Jim saying he is voting to end the Union is NOT anti-British IMO.

There are many who will vote independence because many Scottish people are sick of being ruled by the English - that in itself is definitely NOT anti-British but a desire for the Scottish people to rule themselves. I fail to see what is wrong with people wanting to take their destiny in their own hands.

If you are not anti-British Del and want to sing RB and GSTQ that is your prerogative - but why not then start singing Flower of Scotland - or are you being anti-Scottish ?

I do however agree with you about the arseholes singing the "chosen" words and that it is an attitudinal thing - they want to stic 2 fingers up to the authorities - well I hope they will be proud of themselves when our club loses multiple millions of pounds in lost revenues from European football.

If i sung "oh flower of scotland" at ibrox, i pretty much gurentee i'd get my head kicked in, after all it's an anti english song.

If you want to continue singing said songs with offending/sectarian lyrics, do us all a favor don't come on here bitching about ibrox being closed because one way or another, ibrox will be shut during european games and who's fault will that be.?

choice is yours

just out of curiosity, just how many english team fans sing GSTQ and RB (apart from team england)