Aberdeen hit out at SPFL over kick-off time for televised clash against Kilmarnock

Whilst I understand what you are saying... why should WE always have to be the ones to support others ? Why is it that we assist others and then have them piss on us and hate us !

It has to start somewhere; always viewing fans of certain teams as "the enemy" isn't productive; it just feeds hatred. Rivalry, even intense rivalry is one thing, hatred is quite another

Too much time on your hands haha. Sunday service still exists then. When I used to go to Ibrox from Aberdeen d be on the 7am train on a Saturday.

Quite so.

I did also say that it could be done leaving on a Saturday and overnighting in Dundee or Edinburgh.

It's interesting to see that no one has answered the basic point at issue here; perhaps because there is no answer, Aberdeen are right about this.

Quite so.

I did also say that it could be done leaving on a Saturday and overnighting in Dundee or Edinburgh.

It's interesting to see that no one has answered the basic point at issue here; perhaps because there is no answer, Aberdeen are right about this.

I think the basic point is that TV calls the shots when it comes to scheduling times in such situations. They don't care about what's seen to be fair or otherwise. It's a business decision.

I think the basic point is that TV calls the shots when it comes to scheduling times in such situations. They don't care about what's seen to be fair or otherwise. It's a business decision.

With respect that's not the basic point; that's the background or reason for the decision; that doesn't deal with Aberdeen's issue or the fact that we should support them if only because the shoe might just be on the other foot at some point in the future.

It has to start somewhere; always viewing fans of certain teams as "the enemy" isn't productive; it just feeds hatred. Rivalry, even intense rivalry is one thing, hatred is quite another

We will have to agree to disagree then because after the way in which we have been treated in the last 4-5 years I have absolutely ZERO desire to extend olive branches to any of the clubs in the top flight (save for Killie as they abstained).

We were FORCED to show contrition (for being alleged victims of fraud), we had prize money STOLEN from us by the SPL/SPFL, we had the fans of all other clubs blackmail their own clubs into throwing us out the top flight (and then not actually follow through on their overblown promises of "sell out Saturdays") and we had the clubs themselves abdicate their fiduciary responsibilities.

So, no, I wouldn't recommend that we are the ones to "Start afresh" or extend yet another olive branch. We have been kicked from pillar to post far too many times for me to wish to support other teams in their complaints, valid or not.

The day that they can all admit that they blackmailed their own clubs in order to attempt to kill us off, or the day that they can actually show US some contrition.... then and only then would I want to be part of a conciliatory effort.

Call it childish, call it stubborn, call it foolish - I just can't forgive or forget what the fans of all those clubs attempted to do to us.

We will have to agree to disagree then because after the way in which we have been treated in the last 4-5 years I have absolutely ZERO desire to extend olive branches to any of the clubs in the top flight (save for Killie as they abstained).

We were FORCED to show contrition (for being alleged victims of fraud), we had prize money STOLEN from us by the SPL/SPFL, we had the fans of all other clubs blackmail their own clubs into throwing us out the top flight (and then not actually follow through on their overblown promises of "sell out Saturdays") and we had the clubs themselves abdicate their fiduciary responsibilities.

So, no, I wouldn't recommend that we are the ones to "Start afresh" or extend yet another olive branch. We have been kicked from pillar to post far too many times for me to wish to support other teams in their complaints, valid or not.

The day that they can all admit that they blackmailed their own clubs in order to attempt to kill us off, or the day that they can actually show US some contrition.... then and only then would I want to be part of a conciliatory effort.

Call it childish, call it stubborn, call it foolish - I just can't forgive or forget what the fans of all those clubs attempted to do to us.

Yes we will have to agree to disagree. I am sure you are in the vast majority; but I just don't think it's a productive attitude.

Yes we will have to agree to disagree. I am sure you are in the vast majority; but I just don't think it's a productive attitude.[/QUOTE]

What is productive is the Rangers fans getting behind the team, and the team getting back to winning silverware again ASAP!, then they can all continue their hatred towards us as much as they want!, if we don't they will continue to hate us regardless!.

I'm with Craig, I really don't give a flying feck about every Scottish club or their fans....................just like they don't care about us!.

The board can try and build bridges all they want, not for me!.

I agree that Aberdeen have a perfectly valid complaint, but also am in the camp for no sympathy. We've had tons of valid complaints and been laughed at and scorned in riposte.

They helped set the SPFL up to be a joke, they are just reaping what they sow. They are also instrumental in voting in someone into power who gladly tells everyone that he is only interested in the well-being of Celtic, nothing else. So they are getting exactly what they voted for.

I agree with Craig that Scottish clubs need to start thinking about the good of everyone, rather than the myopic look after yourself and forget about everyone else attitude that pervades our game.

I agree that Aberdeen have a perfectly valid complaint, but also am in the camp for no sympathy. We've had tons of valid complaints and been laughed at and scorned in riposte.

They helped set the SPFL up to be a joke, they are just reaping what they sow. They are also instrumental in voting in someone into power who gladly tells everyone that he is only interested in the well-being of Celtic, nothing else. So they are getting exactly what they voted for.

I agree with Craig that Scottish clubs need to start thinking about the good of everyone, rather than the myopic look after yourself and forget about everyone else attitude that pervades our game.

Exactly what I was trying to say but in a much more succinct manner Cal :thup:

I actually agree that Aberdeen have a valid complaint. But I strongly suspect that if we supported their complaint and the games were switched which allows them to attend the game.... that is where the conciliation would end. You can almost guarantee that the next time we had a similar instance against us that Aberdeen would be one of the first to cry wolf and demand that original scheduling be maintained.

We don't need to take that much of a retrospective look to find where Rangers have been punished worse for similar offences, both on and off the pitch, to the remainder of the SPFL clubs.

2012 was a watershed moment for the game in Scotland. Prior to that I actually wished Scottish Clubs well in Europe. However, the treatment, hatred and contempt shown for our club and our fans and the complete disdain that STILL emanates from almost every other top flight club means that it is highly unlikely that I will ever, ever wish that a Scottish club outside of Rangers does well in Europe again (unless it is one of the smaller teams that we passed on the way back up).

The SFA still can't get Petrie up on a "bringing the game into disrepute" charge for his "exuberance" nonsense at the Cup Final (when what the Hibs fans (as well as some of ours) did was actually illegal and also in contravention of the very laws that Petrie is supposedly a guardian of). And the SFA couldn't pin ANYTHING on Hibs for the treatment of our players at the Cup Final. Players were ASSAULTED and yet nothing, not one thing has happened to the Club involved. And yet we want to continue to extend olive branches ?

No thanks - we would look as weak as ever if we did.