Trust Submit 15-Point Plan to Rangers

http://www.rangerssupporterstrust.co.uk/rstsite/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=94&Itemid=1

The Rangers Supporters Trust is pleased to report to our members that a comprehensive plan, entitled The Way Ahead for Rangers, has been presented to Sir David Murray.

In preparing this plan, the Trust has taken account of the many views expressed to us by our members on a wide range of issues. In addition, the Trust has developed some innovative ideas on how the Club should move forward and on how to raise much needed new finance. Some of the points raised have financial implications, some have reputation implications for the Club, and some have emotional implications for the supporters.

The Way Ahead for Rangers covers the following key areas:

1. Supporter representation

2. GerSave

3. Leadership

4. People

5. Press and PR

6. Museum

7. Stadium

8. Youth academy

9. Players

10. Matchday experience

11. International branding

12. Pitch fundraising scheme

13. Season tickets

14. Scouting

15. Blue Caf�©

The Trust expects to meet with Sir David Murray shortly to discuss in detail the feasibility and implementation of The Way Ahead for Rangers and we will keep our members informed of developments.

Could the Trust not contact the financial institutions in London or do they not have contacts with high net worth individuals who would put together a consortium of like-minded people to look at purchasing the club ?

I actually am more and more impressed with the professionalism and pro-action of the Trust (not that I wasn't impressed anyway) and am strongly starting to think that the Trust (with various representatives) who should be owning and running OUR football club.

If the Trust could somehow muster up the finances (very difficult) it would be very hard indeed for SDM to walk away from the table as, in his words, he will "only sell to someone who has the best interests of the club at heart and who will take the club to the next level".

I think the Trust IS that "person".

Achievable ??? Who knows, but we could do a whole lot worse than having the Trust being our custodians.

Could the Trust not contact the financial institutions in London or do they not have contacts with high net worth individuals who would put together a consortium of like-minded people to look at purchasing the club ?

I actually am more and more impressed with the professionalism and pro-action of the Trust (not that I wasn't impressed anyway) and am strongly starting to think that the Trust (with various representatives) who should be owning and running OUR football club.

If the Trust could somehow muster up the finances (very difficult) it would be very hard indeed for SDM to walk away from the table as, in his words, he will "only sell to someone who has the best interests of the club at heart and who will take the club to the next level".

I think the Trust IS that "person".

Achievable ??? Who knows, but we could do a whole lot worse than having the Trust being our custodians.

Yeah Frankie, get your finger out you lazy so an so. :P only joking.

Im not sure SDM would be so 'up' for that idea, with his right hand man not wanting to hire any Rangers fans at the club (that one still baffle's the crap out of me if its still true) i doubt he'd be keen on selling up to the RST.

• 1 year later...
http://www.rangerssupporterstrust.co.uk/rstsite/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=94&Itemid=1

The Rangers Supporters Trust is pleased to report to our members that a comprehensive plan, entitled The Way Ahead for Rangers, has been presented to Sir David Murray.

In preparing this plan, the Trust has taken account of the many views expressed to us by our members on a wide range of issues. In addition, the Trust has developed some innovative ideas on how the Club should move forward and on how to raise much needed new finance. Some of the points raised have financial implications, some have reputation implications for the Club, and some have emotional implications for the supporters.

The Way Ahead for Rangers covers the following key areas:

1. Supporter representation

2. GerSave

3. Leadership

4. People

5. Press and PR

6. Museum

7. Stadium

8. Youth academy

9. Players

10. Matchday experience

11. International branding

12. Pitch fundraising scheme

13. Season tickets

14. Scouting

15. Blue Caf�©

The Trust expects to meet with Sir David Murray shortly to discuss in detail the feasibility and implementation of The Way Ahead for Rangers and we will keep our members informed of developments.

Looks like Murray has taken account of point 13. Well done to the RST. :thup:

Not of the full plan which was submitted this time last year IIRC...

We may consider releasing it at some point but as it stands it contains some information that we'd prefer was kept private for operational reasons.

The trouble is that the points have no description whatsoever and so it's not really any information at all beyond one or two word headings. I can't really see the point of publishing something so ambiguous and verging on trite.

It ends up being more frustrating and a bit annoying than informative or exciting. Well for me, anyway - I like to be informed.

I'm sure there is sterling work and great innovations behind what are pretty much just concise agenda points, but when there's no details, I can only speculate very tenuously about the content of each heading.

So while I'm looking forward to results of the meeting, forgive me if I'm underwhelmed and disappointed at the release of a few ambiguous one or two word headings.

Looks like Murray has taken account of point 13. Well done to the RST.

He's taken account of "Season tickets"? Surely he's been taking account of them since he bought the club? Or do you know something about the RST agenda that the rest of us don't?

calscot:

This was from last year. It's not a recent document so while some issues are still relevant others are not. I'll see about providing more information on it next week.

:)