Three Points Santa Please! Rangers V Inverness Preview

We've got Joey Garner! Saturday is going to be mental if he scores. We've now turned a corner and I don't really care what the starting line up is as everyone is looking like they can and want to contribute which is excellent. Its making our bench a lot stronger as well having guys like MOH and Dodoo waiting in the wings ready to make an impact. Hopefully the atmosphere is the same as the last couple of games and we gather some serious momentum going into the game against them!

PS Hopefully everyones bought their copy/copies of 'Glad all over' before Thursday night

Slowly but ever so surely, the feel-good factor is coming back. Three or four years ago we'd have been looking forward to a mouthwatering clash with Elgin or Montrose. And probably drawn.

Edited by Norris Cole

I don't get the obsession with Garner all of a sudden. Sebo used to try his ass off but got slated. Waghorn has played so much less and scored double the amount. Sorry if that riles anyone folks. Dodoo scored two quality goals against Partick and hasn't been given a chance since.

A win v Inverness would be nice to leave us in a good position in the table going into the NY.

I don't get the obsession with Garner all of a sudden. Sebo used to try his ass off but got slated. Waghorn has played so much less and scored double the amount. Sorry if that riles anyone folks. Dodoo scored two quality goals against Partick and hasn't been given a chance since.

A win v Inverness would be nice to leave us in a good position in the table going into the NY.

Garner needs goals to silence the critics. But I have to say, I cannot remember the last time one player scored both goals in a game and another was MOTM - that to me was the situation at Hamilton.

If he can get his shooting boots on, and the confidence that comes from that, Garner might just be a pretty big player for us.

Garner needs goals to silence the critics. But I have to say, I cannot remember the last time one player scored both goals in a game and another was MOTM - that to me was the situation at Hamilton.

If he can get his shooting boots on, and the confidence that comes from that, Garner might just be a pretty big player for us.

He is being judged on 2 games Norris. Fair play to him for trying though.

How about my point on Waghorn (and Dodoo for that matter), both got a brace when they played.

I think we could have another Boyd saga on the cards :D

you're not the only one.

I'm struggling to see the comparisons with Sebo.

Sebo worked hard like Garner but wasn't as good on the ball. His control was awful and he wasn't anywhere near as good in the air either. Yes he could run the channels but that was about it.

Garner offers a lot more in that until he arrived we couldn't really go more direct so if teams pressed us high up the park we struggled to retain possession - especially after Kranjcar's injury. Now we can mix up our play as Garner often wins the longer ball and is usually accurate as well - namely not nodding it on to nobody but actually getting the ball wide to other players who are able to trust the fact Garner will do the business.

Examining his lack of goals is also fair enough but he's been very unlucky in the games I've watched. Several times recently he's been in good positions and had his shot blocked via good defending. Indeed, when he came on against Hearts at Tynecastle he could have scored two goals - one lost to an amazing goal-line clearance and one to him shooting wide. That was a bad miss but he did do well to create the space and chance for himself. Again last Friday he also had an excellent effort which went just over from outside the box. This all tells me he is capable of scoring and the goals will come.

Overall Garner is no world-beater - that's clear enough - but what he is is another tool in our tactical box and a positive effect on how we can play and mix things up. As such whilst I wouldn't buy into the hype created by the chant, neither would I be buying into the hate offered by some as well.

At SPL level a rummle-them-up guy is essential to create a bit of space and time for the poets and artists. Waghorn is strong, no doubt, but Garner is more raw boned and runs unexpected angles. He's worth his ticket.

Dodoo did get a chance in the next game but failed to make any impact. Sometimes players play better when they come on as subs. To add to what Frankie said in a good few attacks Garner has been in good positions to score but Waghorn or whoever has failed to see him or been too selfish to pass to him.

Can I say Joe Jordon is the player he remembers me the most of. Only he is not 6ft 2 and I have no idea what colour of eyes he has.:)

I don't think there's an 'obsession'. What has happened is, he has had an inconsistent start to his Rangers career. The media hounded the guy, and equally fans started growing a bit impatient with him. Warburton backed him up in a press conference, and the fans have rallied behind him. In my opinion, this has resulted in 2 or 3 solid performances by him now... The bit of fun with the song has went viral - not through 'obsession' with Garner - it's a bit of fun.