Agree with Cammy here, this is the point i'm trying to make, yes we all want theses idiots who continually sing banned songs nowhere near Ibrox, but for me the bigger picture is worrying, we need the club to stand up and defend us, ON EVERY ISSUE, and not just be dictated to,once they have thier way with songs, what's next?, this relates to my other posts about breaking rules, my question is who's rules are they?,although it's looking likely we'll be banned i think it's a dsgrace that we should be banned for singing songs when you see what is happening in other countries, Spain, Itay etc;

Exactly - can we, or UEFA say that Rangers fans are the only fans in Europe who sing 'offensive' songs in UEFA Cup or CL games? Are we to believe that NO OTHER CLUB IN EUROPE don't sing racist, sectarian or political songs? Are we the only fans breaking the rules?

Sorry, but I for one ain't believing that. We aren't the only fans in GLASGOW who sing racist, sectarian or political songs FFS.

Until the club grow a back-bone we are going to get fooked out of Europe and lose points in the SPL.

The one-sided nature of this is laughable, well it would be if it wasn't so serious.

Cammy F

Exactly - can we, or UEFA say that Rangers fans are the only fans in Europe who sing 'offensive' songs in UEFA Cup or CL games? Are we to believe that NO OTHER CLUB IN EUROPE don't sing racist, sectarian or political songs? Are we the only fans breaking the rules?

Sorry, but I for one ain't believing that. We aren't the only fans in GLASGOW who sing racist, sectarian or political songs FFS.

Until the club grow a back-bone we are going to get fooked out of Europe and lose points in the SPL.

The one-sided nature of this is laughable, well it would be if it wasn't so serious.

Cammy F

This is what's really pissing me off, who are we offending and why is it offensive to them ?, who's the bigots ?, so if you find something offensive ban it :confused:

No matter what, our fans broke a mandate passed down from UEFA - we are GUILTY.

Does it mean that no other club is guilty ? Of course not. But the simple fact remains - WE ARE GUILTY.

I agree about the club growing a back-bone and the "dignified silence" no longer works when their is a much more aggressive anti-Rangers agenda out there than there was maybe 10 years ago.

Maybe the time is right to not be "dignified" at all - and have Rangers fans, the club etc complain each and every time that they see and hear racist, sectarian, offensive chants from the terraces at other games.

But at the end of the day, the simple fact remains - some of our fans were guilty of sectarian chants (sectarian as laid down by UEFA/agreed to by the club).

If you commit the crime you do the time. I dont think there is parity between us and other clubs - but I think it takes all parties connected to Rangers (the club, fans groups, fans and this "PR machine" we are paying top dollar for) to highlight this inequality.

No one is denying that we broke 'the law', but the law and those that impose the law aren't being even-handed nor fair. They are reacting to complaints from a politically driven anti-Rangers agenda led by the media, politicians and the biggest bunch of bigots in this country, the Craptic support.

That is the issue - not whether we broke 'the law' or not.

Cammy F

No one is denying that we broke 'the law', but the law and those that impose the law aren't being even-handed nor fair. They are reacting to complaints from a politically driven anti-Rangers agenda led by the media, politicians and the biggest bunch of bigots in this country, the Craptic support.

That is the issue - not whether we broke 'the law' or not.

Cammy F

I disagree, I think the issue is 2 fold.

If we broke the law I fail to see how you can say this isn't an issue.

The issues are

1. We broke the law, so have to deal with the consequences.

2. There is injustice in dealing with Rangers and dealing with everyone else.

I think that these are the issues.

There are ways to at least try to deal with the issues. Some could be

1. Campaigns to highlight the inequality

2. Education (the RST conference will hopefully achieve this).

3. Fight fire with fire - when you hear a Celtic "folk" song you don't like, complain to the SFA, SPL and if it is a Euro competition, UEFA.

We have always said we are dignified and to carry out #3 is not the "Rangers way" - we could very well get to the point where there IS NO Rangers way as the people you mention Cammy could kill our club.

Personally I think we are long overdue to take the gloves off and come out fighting.

The sad thing is that the Tims (did I offend anyone ??) don't realise that they actually need us, much as we need them - without us as competition to them (and vice versa) they will die too because their crowds will dwindle, revenues will dwindle, the SPL will become a farce of a competition,

Sadly, they just don't see the bigger picture.

I disagree, I think the issue is 2 fold.

If we broke the law I fail to see how you can say this isn't an issue.

The issues are

1. We broke the law, so have to deal with the consequences.

2. There is injustice in dealing with Rangers and dealing with everyone else.

I think that these are the issues.

There are ways to at least try to deal with the issues. Some could be

1. Campaigns to highlight the inequality

2. Education (the RST conference will hopefully achieve this).

3. Fight fire with fire - when you hear a Celtic "folk" song you don't like, complain to the SFA, SPL and if it is a Euro competition, UEFA.

We have always said we are dignified and to carry out #3 is not the "Rangers way" - we could very well get to the point where there IS NO Rangers way as the people you mention Cammy could kill our club.

Personally I think we are long overdue to take the gloves off and come out fighting.

The sad thing is that the Tims (did I offend anyone ??) don't realise that they actually need us, much as we need them - without us as competition to them (and vice versa) they will die too because their crowds will dwindle, revenues will dwindle, the SPL will become a farce of a competition,

Sadly, they just don't see the bigger picture.

Agree with almost everything you say - BUT us breaking the law isn't the issue - the main issue is why are we, Rangers, the only club currently being punished using this 'law' - we certainly aren't the only ones breaking it, so why are we getting and only us getting punished?

The answer IMO, we are the only club in Europe who's OWN press have led a campaign that has left UEFA with no choice but to charge us for breaking the law.

So the question we have to ask is why are the media so against us? Well, for this Bear it is obvious - some of us still can't see it and call the rest of us paranoid.

Cammy F

Agree with almost everything you say - BUT us breaking the law isn't the issue - the main issue is why are we, Rangers, the only club currently being punished using this 'law' - we certainly aren't the only ones breaking it, so why are we getting and only us getting punished?

The answer IMO, we are the only club in Europe who's OWN press have led a campaign that has left UEFA with no choice but to charge us for breaking the law.

So the question we have to ask is why are the media so against us? Well, for this Bear it is obvious - some of us still can't see it and call the rest of us paranoid.

Cammy F

Us breaking the law is still the issue - but I agree that there is another issue in why we are the only ones being punished - which is why I suggest that we fight fire with fire - good luck to UEFA if they ban us from European competition for next season and then Rangers fans bombard them with complaints over sectarian, bigotted, racist chants from the terraces in the CL and UEFA Cup next year (and we all know they will happen) - UEFA will NOT treat the other clubs as they treat us and they will not ban other clubs - this would give Rangers, if the management had the balls, a concrete case to take to the European Court of Justice for lost revenues.

I would think that many of us know why their isn't parity in reporting and dealing with the issues - it is an anti-Rangers (or pro-Celtic) agenda - we all know that they have issues as big, probably bigger, than we do !

As I said, the gloves need to come off and we need to bombard reporting outlets with all the colourful stuff that takes place within the Celtic ranks.

I think we are being picked on because we are the ones who are the most obvious. The idiots who want to be bigoted are too stupid to do it in a way which can be defended as innocent.

How much do you really hear at Parkhead that could so easily be seen as offensive as ***, "up to our knees..." and red hand salutes?

They get away with it because they don't cross the "obvious line" as much as we do.

The thing is we must be bigoted if we are singing ***, there is no doubt and really it's more than just about stopping the chants and songs - that doesn't get rid of the bigotry.

We really have to ask ourselves why our own fans associate Rangers with a hatred of Catholics and Irish republicans. And also the very strange and bordering on unhealthy obsession for "prods", the Union flag, the OO, WWII, the Battle of the Boyne, King William, the current Queen, right wing politics and England.

Maybe that's the big issues the decent fans keep sweeping under the carpet...

If Rangers were not known for these things, would the idiots be around to spoil things for us?

Do these attributes actually bring anything good to Rangers? As far as I can see the answer is, "No".

We are the most obvious? To who?

Henrick Larsson, Mark Viduka, fuck the queen and davie copper (he's deid) - a lovely we ditty sung at EVERY OF game at Ibrox

Cheer up (insert Rangers manager here) sad ORANGE BASTARD and shit football team - any time the tims beat us

north men, south men one and all, soon there will be no protestants at all - sung at every OF game and every craptic away game, including Europe

Are you watching ORANGE SCUM - again, sung at almost every tim away game including Europe

That is just a selection of lovely wee ditties that are as obvious as us shouting effteepee....

I haven't even touched on the monkey noises you hear through-out Europe or the 'roman salutes' from the like of Lazio....

Aye, we are a lot more obvious right enough :yawn:

The only reason we are 'more obvious' is that it is continually highlighted

Cammy F

And also the very strange and bordering on unhealthy obsession for "prods", the Union flag, the OO, WWII, the Battle of the Boyne, King William, the current Queen, right wing politics and England.

Care to expand on that statement Calscot? I have a healthy regard for the union flag, the OO (and Masons), WW11, The Boyne (and the reformation), the Royal Family and politics - does that somehow make me a sectarian bigot who shouldn't support Rangers?

Cammy F