Guest brother426

i dont think the ticket ban will work either...as previously stated

we have to self police...which is tough as we dont want to see bear fighting bear at away games....but in a world where cctv is rife why isnt that being used to identify the culprits

I dont think most of the people who sing the more contentious songs are necessarily bigots...its just learned behaviour from following on for years and a lot of the teds dont have these sort of debates because they're not online or dont post on fan sites

but one thing is for sure...a lot of the old repetiore (sp) has got to change and the line in the sand that cammy mentioned should be something we are all a apart of

Fans may travel anyway but they would find it harder to misbehave at the home end and if they do Rangers will be far less liable than the home team letting them in.

If we can't trust our fans then we have to do this until we can trust them. Do it for a season and see how it goes. Then start increasing the ticket allocation. If there is trouble, then refuse the tickets again.

I'm sure the better behaved fans will be far more motivated to sort out or grass up the trouble makers.

Meanwhile it's far easier to control the crowd at home and also to punish and remove them by banning orders. There we need stronger measures to stamp out any sectarianism.

We need house rules - like not doing anything that looks like a Nazi salute or sing anything that can be construed as sectarian. If people break the house rules they are ejected - just like at any other club in society.

We've had plenty of time to change our lyrics and repertoire but we're not capable of doing it ourselves so our right to defend "historical" songs and salutes has been waived by our behaviour.

We need a new generation of supporters brought up without all the historical, political and religious baggage and to do that we need to stamp it out.

Fans may travel anyway but they would find it harder to misbehave at the home end and if they do Rangers will be far less liable than the home team letting them in.

If we can't trust our fans then we have to do this until we can trust them. Do it for a season and see how it goes. Then start increasing the ticket allocation. If there is trouble, then refuse the tickets again.

I'm sure the better behaved fans will be far more motivated to sort out or grass up the trouble makers.

Meanwhile it's far easier to control the crowd at home and also to punish and remove them by banning orders. There we need stronger measures to stamp out any sectarianism.

We need house rules - like not doing anything that looks like a Nazi salute or sing anything that can be construed as sectarian. If people break the house rules they are ejected - just like at any other club in society.

We've had plenty of time to change our lyrics and repertoire but we're not capable of doing it ourselves so our right to defend "historical" songs and salutes has been waived by our behaviour.

We need a new generation of supporters brought up without all the historical, political and religious baggage and to do that we need to stamp it out.

But here is the issue, NO ONE has said what is 'sectarian' and given the MOPES, they are offended by our very existance - so how, in reality can we move forward when we have people saying that things as inoffensive as the bam-busters and the bouncy are 'sectarian'?

In this shity little country, it is now deemed 'sectarian' and 'offensive' to fly the UNION FLAG - the MOPES have seen to that. They will not give up beeing offended until Rangers are out of business - its as simple as that.

Given that, it is easy to easy why certain Rangers fans have taken a siege mentality. They are (rightly or wrongly) concerned that no matter what Rangers do, it won't be enough to silence the MOPES and their more than willing political and media lackies.

That is why Rangers have to be pro-active and tell us what is and what isn't 'sectarian' - draw a line in the sand and stand up to the bigots who want us shut down.

As for a self-imposed ban? This is the biggest OWN GOAL from Rangers and covers up the real problems from Osasuna (and other trips) where ordinary, working class, law-abiding Rangers fans lives were put at risk by European Clubs, slack UEFA Guidlines and an unept Rangers travel department.

Cammy F

Hopefully after the RST conference in the summer Cammy we will be able to move forward.

Is it not the case that the RST are going to try to resolve what is and is not sectarian at this conference (hence the invites to politicians and UEFA delegates alike ?)

I don't agree that the self-imposed ban is necessarily an own goal either. It would be if it was the only issue at hand and if we tried to close the issue at that but, as far as I could see, the club are asking fans to get in touch so that the club can go to UEFA with personal accounts of the maltreatment of the fans. So the refusal for future away tickets is ONLY an own goal if the other issues are allowed to be swept under the carpet, and at this point it doesn't seem they will be.

Hopefully after the RST conference in the summer Cammy we will be able to move forward.

Is it not the case that the RST are going to try to resolve what is and is not sectarian at this conference (hence the invites to politicians and UEFA delegates alike ?)

I don't agree that the self-imposed ban is necessarily an own goal either. It would be if it was the only issue at hand and if we tried to close the issue at that but, as far as I could see, the club are asking fans to get in touch so that the club can go to UEFA with personal accounts of the maltreatment of the fans. So the refusal for future away tickets is ONLY an own goal if the other issues are allowed to be swept under the carpet, and at this point it doesn't seem they will be.

Craig, Rangers FC sent information to UEFA regarding the miss-treatment of fans after various trips over the last 2-3 season and NOTHING has been done about it. No matter how many eye-witness reports we send to Rangers and UEFA NOTHING will be done about it.

UEFA are too concerned with silly wee songs to be worried about the safety of travelling fans, especially when they are visiting a 'big nation' like Spain (or Italy).

In Italy recently, we have had match fixing and deaths of police and fans. What has UEFA done in response to this?

What sactions were dished out to Spain after their fans were guilty (and still are) or racist chanting? Are Spain likely to be thrown out of UEFA comps and / or the World Cup?

What Rangers need to ask UEFA publically is if the lives of fans is more important than a 'silly wee song'. UEFA will, as always deem the singing more of an issue - to me that says more than I can about the reptiles that run this 'peoples game'.

Cammy F

The incidents in Italy recently fall under the Italian Federation's jurisdiction, not UEFA's.

But did Bain not come out and ask the fans for their personal accounts of what happened in Osasuna so they could take it to UEFA ?

Until we have closure on the issues as they are then we can't say if nothing will happen about the maltreatment of fans or not, IMO.

Agree with Cammy here, this is the point i'm trying to make, yes we all want theses idiots who continually sing banned songs nowhere near Ibrox, but for me the bigger picture is worrying, we need the club to stand up and defend us, ON EVERY ISSUE, and not just be dictated to,once they have thier way with songs, what's next?, this relates to my other posts about breaking rules, my question is who's rules are they?,although it's looking likely we'll be banned i think it's a dsgrace that we should be banned for singing songs when you see what is happening in other countries, Spain, Itay etc;