Is this the solution to the on going problem?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/r/rangers/6471751.stm

I said that to my mate on Saturday,before the sheep game, that Ibrox officials should refuse away tickets for a season or so, self imposed ban,that would go down well with UEFA and would stop the problem instantly, the only thing wrong with that is the good away fans are going to suffer, i would even consider it in the SPL, that would hit the other clubs hard financialy and as they all hate us then it would also show them that they need us, however if that doesn't happen then i reckon UEFA will implement it

I said that to my mate on Saturday,before the sheep game, that Ibrox officials should refuse away tickets for a season or so, self imposed ban,that would go down well with UEFA and would stop the problem instantly, the only thing wrong with that is the good away fans are going to suffer, i would even consider it in the SPL, that would hit the other clubs hard financialy and as they all hate us then it would also show them that they need us, however if that doesn't happen then i reckon UEFA will implement it

Its not a bad shout Ian (SPL) even though it does effect the majority who go to watch the team.

I think you would still get a lot of travelling support trying to get tickets for the home ends of the ground and that could cause a bit of trouble. But it would be great to see the chairmans faces of the other clubs when they dont get the much needed revenue we provide.

Its a shame we have to consider this option when we have actually travelled good in the past without anything major happening. then you look to Italy and see stabbings etc.

Re UEFA tournaments I think it is a good start - and it may also be the rod to the back of ALL the supporters (the idiots may stop it as they will no longer get away tickets until the attitude improves AND the good fans will also take action when faced with the ***'ers because they won't want self-imposed sanctions again).

I think it is a move in the right direction and I also think that it will be looked upon by UEFA in a positive light AND also show that the club really DO want to rid themselves of the problem (HOWEVER, the club has to do more than this because a self-imposed away ban can also be construed as simply sweeping the problem under the carpet - instead of dealing with the issue just saying "dont give us tickets" is only a short-term solution to a long-term problem (I can already see Cammy steaming into the "short-termism debate ;) )

I actually don't think an away ticket ban is the right thing to do.

Fans will still travel anyway, some of them will still get tickets and some of them will still sing the offensive chants.

We need something much more constructive than simply saying don't travel as that simply won't work.

Guest Bluetooth

They wont stop me going - phukkem.

I'm on 8 points (should be 9 but the Travel Club phukked up) and four of these points have been knock backs.

I still managed to get tickets and see the game in the wrong end, met loads of opposition fans and had a great time.

We cant let the lunatics win.