A world class footballer?

Watch George Best playing back in hid day with pitches like swamps and defenders like mafia hitmen , he never ever flinched , worth today at the bonkers prices a cool one billion .

That is why I have him in my real world class players that were really a class above the rest. Even Zidane does not get into that group for me. My father would have had Puskás in that list but I can't remember seeing him.

In my time of watching Rangers players I'd say were world class either when they were with us or after

In no order:

Brian Laudrup

Paul Gascoigne

Alexei Mikhailichenko

Rino Gattuso (after he left us)

Lots more perhaps verge Caniggia was a special player and had his issues earlier in his career I felt lucky to see him play for us, Kanchelskis too though he never hit the heights with us he did earlier in his career.

In my time of watching Rangers players I'd say were world class either when they were with us or after

In no order:

Brian Laudrup

Paul Gascoigne

Alexei Mikhailichenko

Rino Gattuso (after he left us)

Lots more perhaps verge Caniggia was a special player and had his issues earlier in his career I felt lucky to see him play for us, Kanchelskis too though he never hit the heights with us he did earlier in his career.

I think we are talking about a different world class. Surely you wouldn't put those players in the same category as Messi?

That is why I have him in my real world class players that were really a class above the rest. Even Zidane does not get into that group for me. My father would have had Puskás in that list but I can't remember seeing him.

It's so hard to say. Many eras passed me by on account of not being born. The thing that I always noticed with Zidane was that he could have eight men round him, hip-high tackles flying in, and he just danced around teams, the ball glued to his feet. He was far superior to the likes of Giggs, for example. A real one-off.

In no order:

Alexei Mikhailichenko

He was nowhere near world class for us or after us. He was often on the bench.

However I'd have Goram on the list. At his peak he was best in the world in my opinion.

Mikhailichenko had obvious talent but he never seemed to be that interested when playing for us; he just wasn't up for it most of the time.

Davie Cooper was sometimes like that, and would have a similar bored expression on his face, but as a difference, he would put in a shift more often than not.