[FT] Rangers 2 (Miller 85; 89) - 1 Motherwell

21 days into the transfer window, and we have brought in two loanee uninspiring midfielders - absolutely astonishing.

My confidence in Warburton is fast disappearing. His continual selection of undeserving players, his continual subs lotto, I could go on. For an inexperienced manager I have been happy to give him time but there is little sign of him even seeing where the faults lie never mind fixing them.

Happy that our season didn't end this afternoon, and hoping for another home draw (apart from THEM) in next round, but please please please get a feckin centre half and a striker in before the window shuts.

I assume you would now concede that Miller is the best striker we have and surely deserves to start?

However, the fact that Foderingham apart, Miller and Hill are consistently our best players by miles says a great a deal about the quality of the rest of the squad.

I don't agree with bringing in loanees at the expense of playing our own younger players but on the other hand both Toral and Hyndman look much better than Windass or Crooks and capable of being better than Halliday and/or Holt given a few games to regain match fitness. I would like to think our MF will become Hyndman, Halliday, Toral and if Rossiter ever recovers he can take Halliday's place in defensive mid.

We need to reinstate Waghorn on the right, he'll score goals no question.

Equally we need to ditch O'Halloran, at least on loan, preferably permanently; whenever he gets a chance he demonstrates he's fast enough to beat anyone but his final ball just isn't good enough.

Hodson is our best right back. If Tavernier ever gets back in the team, it'll be a travesty.

I was at the game and thoroughly enjoyed it.

We looked after the ball well but struggled to penetrate a 10 man wall that Motherwell had set up on the edge of their box.

We play some neat and tidy stuff but just lack that little bit of quality to break teams at this level down.

I thought it was a good game too, although we struggled to make any real impact for long spells.

In the game I watched, Motherwell played a very disciplined 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1 with two very clearly defined banks of four.

Our best attacking option frequently came from Wallace and Mackay and I thought they were both a little bit unlucky with cut backs that on another day might have led to goals.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

They completed destroyed us in both games. We were playing suicidal passes and performed woefully because we were garbage.

In the process they ruined an otherwise enjoyable holiday the wife and I were having. I watched both games early afternoon in a pub where I was the only customer. It got so bad in the second match I found myself barred.

Disappointing to think that in our hour of need MW is bringing in players not up to speed as it looks with Toral as we do not have the luxury of giving them time to fit in,

Looks like Hyndman is more likely to fit in quickly as I think he reacted impressively to Miller's run with his sublime pass,and showed more graft than Toral who unfortunately in his breif appearance could be another Barton.

They completed destroyed us in both games. We were playing suicidal passes and performed woefully because we were garbage.

The absolute train wreck aka Project McCoist became evident all to see in those two play-off games against Motherwell.

Disappointing to think that in our hour of need MW is bringing in players not up to speed as it looks with Toral as we do not have the luxury of giving them time to fit in,

Looks like Hyndman is more likely to fit in quickly as I think he reacted impressively to Miller's run with his sublime pass,and showed more graft than Toral who unfortunately in his breif appearance could be another Barton.

I think we have to hope Toral gets match fit before we assess him better.

If both impress I wonder if we'd be able to afford them. Both are at an age where they need first team football & aren't going to get it at their parent clubs.

At least we now seem to be looking at younger players instead of players in their 30's past their best

Loan players are more often than not shite

I have to disagree slightly there GS. There are dozens of very promising young players tied up at Arsenal, etc who are a few months or a run of injuries or suspensions away from getting their chance in the big league.

Let's face it, if you'd paid £40 million for an internationalist, would you drop him to give a youngster a game ?

I'd agree if you proposed a loan player currently from a Scottish club but not some from a major English team.