[FT] Rangers 2 (Miller 85; 89) - 1 Motherwell

The problem with loan players is that the parent club holds all the aces.

If the player does well and the loanees club tries to buy the transfer value may well increase. Or the parent club may recall the player with a view to loaning elsewhere to gain further experience. Or the parent club may decide they've made a mistake & reinstate the player in its first team squad.

What we really need more than anything a global scouting system to identify young players with a view to selling them on at profit at a future date. Sadly whilst we're in Scottish football it will always be that way unfortunately. Hence why we always need to look at all other options whenever possible to get out

Edited by RANGERRAB

I have to disagree slightly there GS. There are dozens of very promising young players tied up at Arsenal, etc who are a few months or a run of injuries or suspensions away from getting their chance in the big league.

Let's face it, if you'd paid £40 million for an internationalist, would you drop him to give a youngster a game ?

I'd agree if you proposed a loan player currently from a Scottish club but not some from a major English team.

Im talking about the ones we get. Not the potential ones.

The problem with loan players is that the parent club holds all the aces.

If the player does well and the loanees club tries to buy the transfer value may well increase. Or the parent club may recall the player with a view to loaning elsewhere to gain further experience. Or the parent club may decide they've made a mistake & reinstate the player in its first team squad.

What we really need more than anything a global scouting system to identify young players with a view to selling them on at profit at a future date. Sadly whilst we're in Scottish football it will always be that way unfortunately. Hence why we always need to look at all other options whenever possible to get out

That was the scenario we were sold when Warburton arrived Rab. We were assured the scouting, coaching and training systems would be overhauled. It may lead to us becoming a selling club but the rewards would be there for all to see. So far I've watched a succession of no-marks arrive while what were told were our future head out the door.

As for getting out - that one imo just doesn't fly.

I thought Toral did OK and reminded me of Kevin Thomson - in gait at least - as opposed to style.

You can see he's a bit off the pace but I'd imagine that will come and his touch on the ball looked quite good at times. I think he may do the Kranjcar job if we're patient enough.

Motherwell fans live reaction to Kenny Millers goals...a great watch :roflmao2:

Lifted from FF

How sad is this. What is that all about, video selfying and posting it!!!

Go to the football

Watch the football

Kick something if you lose

Go and get pished

Karaoke

That's my preferred running order. Keep the theatrics for Firhill!!

I thought Toral did OK and reminded me of Kevin Thomson - in gait at least - as opposed to style..

I agree about the Kevin Thomson thing. I thought that too.

However I thought playing wise he was really poor and should have been hooked at half-time.

I really don't get BH's comments about him being better than Windass. Windass looks to me as if he offers a lot more than Toral, although it's obviously too early to make any definitive judgement on him.

I think Windass looks very much a confidence player and needs to be fit. When that's the case, he looks big and strong and capable of really testing teams. When the opposite is true he's far too timid and falls out of games. I'd be interested to see him play a slightly wider role on the right side. I think he did against Motherwell in the first League Cup game and did OK but not sure if he'd have the discipline to do the defensive side of the role.

Toral will need games - no doubt about it.

I agree about the Kevin Thomson thing. I thought that too.

However I thought playing wise he was really poor and should have been hooked at half-time.

I really don't get BH's comments about him being better than Windass. Windass looks to me as if he offers a lot more than Toral, although it's obviously too early to make any definitive judgement on him.

I think Windass looks very much a confidence player and needs to be fit. When that's the case, he looks big and strong and capable of really testing teams. When the opposite is true he's far too timid and falls out of games. I'd be interested to see him play a slightly wider role on the right side. I think he did against Motherwell in the first League Cup game and did OK but not sure if he'd have the discipline to do the defensive side of the role.

Toral will need games - no doubt about it.

Surely all players need to be both physically fit and mach fit to produce their best form; we need look no further than Kranjcar for evidence of that.

I don't think that Toral will ever be in the same league as Kranjcar but given a half a dozen games he may well add the necessary strength and speed of thought to make a real impact.

I would put Windass in the same bag as Garner; a good honest trier who will run till he drops and not offer a great deal more.

I like the look of Hyndman. He may well turn out to be the best of the bunch of newcomers in MF; Kranjcar excepted.

I wish i thought we had a chance of keeping either Toral or Hyndman;but sadly that's pie in the sky.

Edited by BrahimHemdani