[FT] Rangers 2 (Miller 85; 89) - 1 Motherwell

McGhee has to say something along those lines to placate the simple minds among their support but the reality is they largely did nothing but employ a park the bus strategy devised to be anti football. Even their support were hoping for at best to snatch a draw with their anti football strategy and take it to a replay at their own dump.

Anyone who thinks that strategy truly merits any better than a narrow loss is either as simple minded as some of the support or being deceitful. Which if those two McGhee is I wont speculate on. It wasn't a totally convincing display by all accounts but the better team won. If they weren't the better team he wouldn't have come there with that strategy in the first place would he.

The best he can say if he were honest is that they almost got lucky but their luck ran out in the last ten minutes. Outplaying us and losing in the last ten minutes would be a career disappointment. Luck running out is not.

Edited by JFK-1

Wallace off side?......................................nowhere near off side!

i7GiV3.jpg

No the TV picked that up as well. There were about 4 obvious decisions the Ref got totally wrong today.

[video=youtube;ktzwmYT6-vo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktzwmYT6-vo

Cheers pal, quite a goal I missed that first one. I sat through the game in increasing grumpiness and then missed that as my PC sent down. I'd have gone through the roof. mind you a couple of minutes after I got my PC back up..............I was through the roof anyway :-)

Fantastic header for the first and the second was no cut and dried tap in either. The goalie did a good job of trying to narrow the angles and he had a relatively small target area to put that into. I would choose Miller to be in that situation than any other player in the squad.

Well that was honking, again. Our play under Warburton this season is boring, passive, conservative. Our lack of goals is obvious, as is our inability to defend properly. No team in football is successful with both these traits.

21 days into the transfer window, and we have brought in two loanee uninspiring midfielders - absolutely astonishing.

My confidence in Warburton is fast disappearing. His continual selection of undeserving players, his continual subs lotto, I could go on. For an inexperienced manager I have been happy to give him time but there is little sign of him even seeing where the faults lie never mind fixing them.

We have our second lowest scoring (goals per game) record post-war (only 1984 was lower) but this is never really mentioned anywhere.

Going to our games this season is the same feeling as going to watch Ally's final season, you know you are not going to be entertained and you can't see where a goal is coming from, I just hope we can sneak a result, and fortunately we got lucky today thanks to some awful Motherwell defending at both goals. Makes a change to see others defend as badly as we do right enough!

Happy that our season didn't end this afternoon, and hoping for another home draw (apart from THEM) in next round, but please please please get a feckin centre half and a striker in before the window shuts.

I was at the game and thoroughly enjoyed it.

We looked after the ball well but struggled to penetrate a 10 man wall that Motherwell had set up on the edge of their box.

We play some neat and tidy stuff but just lack that little bit of quality to break teams at this level down.

I was at the game and thoroughly enjoyed it.

We looked after the ball well but struggled to penetrate a 10 man wall that Motherwell had set up on the edge of their box.

We play some neat and tidy stuff but just lack that little bit of quality to break teams at this level down.

an afternoon's entertainment, sent home happy............seems like a good day out

Not sure if many will watch more than the penalty incident and the last 6 mins, but here you go anyway ...

[video=youtube;-e0bWkKYilM]

EDIT: no babble from Sky, just the sound straight from the ground.

Edited by der Berliner