[FT] Rangers 2 (Miller 85; 89) - 1 Motherwell

Exactly. 20 months ago motherwell were a far far better team than us.

Oh and they are better now than then.

They ran out comfortable winners, sure enough. But I remember some suicidal passes by us and woeful performances (by our standards), while they scored some goals that would have saved their season had they done it earlier. Methinks we also had been through a lot of games that season, and at the end quite a few in rather quick succession. In any case, we would probably have struggled to get going last season in the top tier.

Yes we are improving and yes some players have not stepped up in class and should be released/sold on but as long as we keep moving forward it is fine by me.

What annoys me is the hype & hysteria about 9/10 in a row and having to stop it.If it does get to there it is tainted with us being in the lower tiers for four years I would rather we concentrated in the immediate job ahead:rfc:

One thing I could not believe was that after 25 minutes there were fans behind me shout to take Toral off.

This was then followed by the usual "Warburton yeev no got a clue"

Some of our fans never cease to amaze me!

Absolute crazy shouts and abuse towards our players is heard every week!

I really can't get some of the negativity from our own support from today's game.

Not the greatest Rangers performance I agree but consider two points please: one year ago we'd have lost that game. And we're still very much work in progress.

Please consider the absolute train wreck both MW and DW inherited from McCoist 18 months ago. At the start of last season they'd literally 2-3 weeks to put some sort of squad together to get us back to the top division. They did that.

Our next step is of course to challenge for the title and both domestic cups as well as get back into Europe. I'd argue we're on schedule with that but would suggest anyone who thought we'd challenge for the title this season was being over-optimistic. We don't yet have a squad as big as the yahoos yet but the last two OF games suggest to me whatever gap is bridgeable if we can get strikers scoring more goals than we've currently got. I believe that is achievable unless the yahoos go out & start spending £10m plus on players which I don't think they will.

All in all I believe next season we'll truly be back & going for 55

try playing for over an hour and not managing a shot on target whilst simultaneously having the massive bulk of the possession

its not difficult to understand , its turgid to watch.

Edited by jhunter

They ran out comfortable winners, sure enough. But I remember some suicidal passes by us and woeful performances (by our standards), while they scored some goals that would have saved their season had they done it earlier. Methinks we also had been through a lot of games that season, and at the end quite a few in rather quick succession. In any case, we would probably have struggled to get going last season in the top tier.

They completed destroyed us in both games. We were playing suicidal passes and performed woefully because we were garbage.

It's going to take at least decade to recover from the recent events which isn't to say we can't be successful in that time. We can but this isn't something anyone could press a reset button on and instantly recover from. The manager has done everything we could have realistically expected of him at this stage. He got us back into the SPL at his first attempt and will likely get us into Europe at the first attempt.

Warburton failed to get us into Europe at the first attempt.