Keith Jackson

The sweetmeat that is creepy Keith is a well paid muckraker writing for rasellik's daily news feed,

his job, such as it is, to write negative stories about the Club, and to spread dissension between supporters, between the support and the Board,

between the support and the management team, and between the Board and the Management Team. The principal aim , at the moment, seems

to be to scunner Warburton, and Weir, to the point that they may leave.

No doubt there was a 'clear the air' meeting the other day, with a 'full and frank' airing of opinion. I have had a few of these myself. I survived; others.....

In the straitened financial circumstances of the Club (no credit facilities worth a damn, civil legal battles, low, or no, commercial income, criminal cases, difficulties, therefore, in promoting a large, successful share issue, etc, all rehearsed elsewhere), extension of further transfer monies must rest on the success of the signings made to date, particularly those brought to Ibrox for the SPL challenge. The jury, alas, remains out. Add in debate over the quality of those purchased when in the Championship, and the picture is even less clear.

The manager's job, in the present circumstance, is twofold

- to get the Club to a position where monies will be available for better players (from eg Europa League, domestic Cups, transfer profits)

-to get the Club to a position where those better players will sign.

It is not easy, but neither is it Mission: Impossible.

The meretricious crap spouted by Jackson and other shills influences people, supporters, of course, but bad press is nobody's idea of a good breakfast.

Remember, however, that such power, without responsibility, is naught but the age old prerogative of the harlot.

Agree with you Ian but my wife does not use the computer so I have to buy papers for her use so have a daily read of them hence my comments.

Teach her how to read the newspapers on line!:), convince her you are trying to save money to take her away for the weekend:smokin:

i won't even take a sneaky free peek at the papers in the Supermarkets nowadays, never mind buy one, The Sun's lies about Hillsborough and the Liverpool fans was the end for me, i couldn't trust a word the Sun or any of them said after that. The Record has been showing a Selik bias for years now, their lies about Rangers fans blocking the Police, after the final whistle in last seasons Scottish cup final, should have seen a complete boycott from the club and fans. I don't like to see people being made redundant, but on this occasion when the Record and hopefully the Sun, finally go under, i make the exception for their Journalist's and rejoice.

I'm not sure what the hell he's attempting to do with this article other than use it to proof his own opinion from the last article. That may have been possible if what he was saying in the last article was generally accepted as common knowledge However, only those from the Eastend have suggested that such a situation is as 'common knowledge', and we already know where their agenda lays in all of these story's, reports and articles regarding our club. His posits from the previous article are based on supposition from some 'fly on the wall' source whom isn't named nor quoted. In fact the previous article is written in the style of... 'pssst cmere tae I tell ye this wan mate' in much the same way a whispered secret might be. Its not written in the perspective of 'from sources close to the action I have reason to believe'... The second style would lend more credibility to this pub conversation masquerading as a journalistic piece in the first article he's written but it would still be an opinion piece. What makes it even more galling is that he's actually using himself as the source of this rift .Now as far as I'm concerned quoting yourself as a proof is never a clever trait to adopt because the reader has no reference there is no recoverable data.

What do we know?

On signing as manager Mark Warburton and the board agreed a three year plan based on stability. I've chosen to concentrate solely on the first team football aspect. From what has been presented to us via the Rangers press releases we know about developing the non-existent scouting network, legacy stadia issues, the poorly implemented youth development and other key legacy issues specifically regarding court cases, contracts, IP rights etc etc etc which are all part of this three year plan too.

So a simplified results plan based purely on first team competitive football might look like;

1)Year one win the Championship and go as far as possible in any domestic tournament.

2)Year two challenge for the SPFL title ensuring any European football and go as far as possible in any domestic tournament.

3) Year three go as far as possible in any European tournament, challenge for the SPFL title ensuring European football for season four and go as far as possible in any domestic tournament.

Jackson is suggesting there is tension in the board room because these targets are unrealistic. He is trying to proof that by citing his own non recoverable assertions as a reference point coupled to MW discussing unrealistic targets in interview. There may be tension in the board room but it wont be because MW has set unrealistic targets. If there is it may be because of an inability to secure transfer targets. I don't think that's necessarily true either as MW has been talking to the press and to Rangers fans about their/our expectation levels needing to be better managed and that we wont buy a player we feel is not value for money and he's been saying that since day one. If there is tension its probably because the board are all Rangers supporters and want us to be in a much better position than we can be given our present circumstances.

Personally I'm struggling to see where these targets are unrealistic. The toughest target I can see from that list was winning the Championship because its the only target that stipulates a win. Of course they are trying to win everything they are involved in but it is the only target that was a must win and they succeeded they did that. We're also well on the way to completing phase two of the above plan and if we finish the season in second place and enter a European tournament then all targets have been met.

If a team anywhere else in Europe (probably even the world) was to gain promotion from the second tier of its football league system, finishing second in its top league gaining a European club tournament place it would be reported as a Roy of the Rovers story by the press. We've done much more than that we've come from being kicked out of the football leagues having to re-applying to play, our first team decimated, transfer embargoes placed on us, and then through all of that worked our way back up from the lowest tier possible in our professional league system to second place in the top league in only five years.

Our story is unique and both the fans and people like MW, DW and DK who have been instrumental in that rebuilding process deserve far more respect than what the vast majority of these two bob c**ts are affording them.

Edited by Big Jaws
formatting

i won't even take a sneaky free peek at the papers in the Supermarkets nowadays, never mind buy one, The Sun's lies about Hillsborough and the Liverpool fans was the end for me, i couldn't trust a word the Sun or any of them said after that. The Record has been showing a Selik bias for years now, their lies about Rangers fans blocking the Police, after the final whistle in last seasons Scottish cup final, should have seen a complete boycott from the club and fans. I don't like to see people being made redundant, but on this occasion when the Record and hopefully the Sun, finally go under, i make the exception for their Journalist's and rejoice.

Try telling an eight year old that the reason her mother is going mental is because the Record newspaper said her mother and uncle would have pushed her in front of a Police van!! If the trauma of the day wasn't enough?? Shower of pond life! Nobody should buy this newspaper, under any circumstances.

Jackson said McKay was going to Leipzig. The story was proven to be rubbish within a couple of hours. To me, that says all we need to know about Jackson. The guy's a trumpet and no friend of Rangers.

WRT his story about McKay & Leipzig......That is EXACTLY the type of stories that we need more of. Whether true or not, it gets a high price for our players out there. Chances are that if a team is looking @ McKay, they will see that story stating he's worth £6.5m - that will then influence any bids that come in for him. Ceptic have been doing this for years - just look at the stories about Dumbell-end....£40m bids!!!!

We need to make the media work more for us, especially in the transfer market.