[FT] Hearts 4 - 1 Rangers (Hyndman 36)

I don't think we can make long term decisions about a manager on a single game while we're still sitting second in the league and still looking good for a Euro spot.

Yes, that is true. Try and seal 2nd place and take it from there.

Something needs to change in the summer or we'd better get used to seeing more performances and results like tonight.

That was a nice game to give Hearts some hope and inspiration. We took the game at the scruff of the neck halfway down the first half, but Hearts simple killed us with that 2nd goal and then did what we always seem to hate: press, press, press and pestering any man with the ball. They were always first to the second balls, always willing, always at it. No wonder ... with a goal, then two, then three in their back.

I was left staggered by the decision to remove Hyndman, while leaving Halliday on the park. He offered nothing - again - took too many touches and gave the crucial goal away. And by removing Waghorn, we lost one of the more potent players to keep their defence occupied. Windass offered nothing again, and we essentially also stopped playing the long balls to our strikers.

We could "thank" the Scum that they sent the Sheep home pointless, but man, that was hard to watch. Hearts are by far not that good and will sure lap that up as one of their greatest triumphs against us, no matter that they were playing the newly promoted team.

I for one would have the players see that game three times tomorrow, for a start.

Edited by der Berliner

But it is the case that we're still sitting second in the league and still looking good for a Euro spot. It's not this bad every game though I think we all agree there are issues to be addressed which hopefully will be. I expect more money to be made available if/when a Euro spot is secured.

2nd place with a game more played. And "looking good for a Euro spot" = looking good for a June knock-out and a disrupted pre-season. Early qualifying round(s) of the diddy Euro cup are really not a prize and if in the back of beyond not a "money spinner" in any way. No doubt we'd "learn some lessons" though - and never, ever show what we have learnt to anyone.

"all agree there are issues to be addressed which hopefully will be" = I have no hope left for that as they have not been addressed at all, instead they have been wilfully ignored and encouraged to flourish. transfer windows have come and gone, many months of training have passed and the issues have not been addressed.

Sorry, it's just very gloomy at the moment. The heads went down and the towel was chucked in and I can't quite get over that. I'll log off and try to be more upbeat when I return.

Edited by SteveC

That Hearts side has no more quality than Rangers. They simply wanted it more. We looked utterly disinterested from start to finish. I just feel for the fans who forked out and turned up tonight.

I like Warburton, but he's simply not going to take us to the next level.

Agree Norriss we have the better players, but we are lost when a team comes at us with pace, we don't seem to be able to combat it, it's our way or we take the pet, teams don't play to our strengths they play to theirs, we don't ever seem to alter our play. Giving them their two goals on a plate doesn't help but we get forced into mistakes, back passing is a shambles every time big Ford get one of those short passes my heart is in my mouth. Big changes needed.

How many big games have we bottled in the last two seasons. Warburton should have walked after the Cup Final. Lost twice to Hibs lost twice to Falkirk. Lost the Cup Final. Lost twice at Tynecastle - hammered at Parkhead. Not good enough. Nowhere near good enough

He has under estimated the top division IMO.

Yes, that is true. Try and seal 2nd place and take it from there.

Something needs to change in the summer or we'd better get used to seeing more performances and results like tonight.

Seal 2nd place but to what end Norris ?

If we carry on with the current policy of signing, albeit promising kids on loan and 37 year old centre halfs to bolster the obvious below par dumplings we currently have then we are facing a really humiliating pre season couple of matches in Europe.

The only something that needs to change is money being made available to sign "good" players.

Maybe MW is the guy to do that if handed the money. I don't know. But I'd rather we had 3 sent off than watch yet another match where we were hopeless and with no baws. I'm not advocating a team of cluggers. Just 11 players who look as if they care.

That was a nice game to give Hearts some hope and inspiration. We took the game at the scruff of the neck halfway down the first half, but Hearts simple killed us with that 2nd goal and then did what we always seem to hate: press, press, press and pestering any man with the ball. They were always first to the second balls, always willing, always at it. No wonder ... with a goal, then two, then three in their back.

I was left staggered by the decision to remove Hyndman, while leaving Halliday on the park. He offered nothing - again - took too many touches and gave the crucial goal away. And by removing Waghorn, we lost one of the more potent players to keep their defence occupied. Windass offered nothing again, and we essentially also stopped playing the long balls to our strikers.

We could "thank" the Scum that they sent the Sheep home pointless, but man, that was hard to watch. Hearts are by far not that good and will sure lap that up as one of their greatest triumphs against us, no matter that they were playing the newly promoted team.

I for one would have the players see that game three times tomorrow, for a start.

Halliday has needed a spell out for about four months now.

Seal 2nd place but to what end Norris ?

If we carry on with the current policy of signing, albeit promising kids on loan and 37 year old centre halfs to bolster the obvious below par dumplings we currently have then we are facing a really humiliating pre season couple of matches in Europe.

The only something that needs to change is money being made available to sign "good" players.

Maybe MW is the guy to do that if handed the money. I don't know. But I'd rather we had 3 sent off than watch yet another match where we were hopeless and with no baws. I'm not advocating a team of cluggers. Just 11 players who look as if they care.

He's spent the best part of £3m on Garner, O'Halloran and a backup goalie. The Garner transfer is one of the worst in our history.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy