[FT] Hearts 4 - 1 Rangers (Hyndman 36)

That ... is quite an assumption. Have you spoken to any of them?

Perhaps you can come up with another explanation for that gutless performance last night then, or the plethora of similar 'efforts' this season.

You're not going to tell me those players are giving it their everything are you?

After second goal heads went down and panic set in nobody wanted to hold on to the ball and passes were too quick and went astray.As I have often said Wallace is club captain but lacks leadership on the park,we need some more forceful who can do the job but the question is who?.

All the talk of spending seems to be focussed on need players but much has been spent on the infrastructure as the place is/was looking tired,so a steady balancing act is required regards use of funds.

We have many ex players commenting from their places of abode,many overseas,we have to tap this and try to follow up on any recommendations until a proper scouting system is in place.

Perhaps you can come up with another explanation for that gutless performance last night then, or the plethora of similar 'efforts' this season.

You're not going to tell me those players are giving it their everything are you?

More likely they are not of a quality that enables them to be like what you want them to be? Reading your remark makes you think that Rangers players should give 110% every time they pull on the famous jersey and run themselves into the ground like there is no tomorrow. Well, that is a nice dream that you might have found in the 1992 side et al.

IMHO, these players will give their best every time they step out onto the park (after all, the world is watching and an English multi-million deal might be waiting), only that their "best" is not what we expect it to be. And no matter how much we cry foul of that, you simply can't turn a squad of 250k player into that of 2 or 5m players of the past. Or plant the Rangers diehard seed into them.

I'll say again - I'm well aware of our economic situation and fully accept that we don't have Laudrups and Albertzes. My point concerns effort and professionalism, not quality.

Take as a comparison, oh I don't know, Hearts? Similarly limited quality, but well-drilled, knew their job and did their best to carry it out. In other words, pretty much all you need to pick up three home points against this Rangers side.

Last time Celtic conceded 4 to a non-OF side they had a new manager within days.

You always look "poor" if you have a) to make all the play and b) play a team that simply thwarts you from doing that while trying to hit you on the counter. While you labour, they can smash all your hard work with the odd counter attack against a weak defence.

Hearts are no über-team, they hit us with bad goals at rather inopportune moments and we never got going. After the 2nd goal, they opened up and we simply found no way back into the game. But that was the 3rd or 4th of 22 games in which that happened this season. And you can go on and show me any team, whether Barca or Bayern who dont have such rubbish matches in their season. Which is not to say that we were up to our best standards in every other game. But we are not being mauled every other week either.

Sidenote, the Yahoo manager went because he had millions on his disposal and SHOULD have not been beaten like that. And while I am at it, yes, they are miles ahead, but shining they are not. Since December they won 7 of their 11 Premiership games by the odd goal. As MW essentialy pointed out, at times it just takes a bit of luck or more composure and the table would much differently. Not that the table should concern us too much, at least when it comes to the Scum.

I'll say again - I'm well aware of our economic situation and fully accept that we don't have Laudrups and Albertzes. My point concerns effort and professionalism, not quality.

Take as a comparison, oh I don't know, Hearts? Similarly limited quality, but well-drilled, knew their job and did their best to carry it out. In other words, pretty much all you need to pick up three home points against this Rangers side.

Last time Celtic conceded 4 to a non-OF side they had a new manager within days.

Cathro probably sat down his team put on a video of the last game at Tynecastle with us and told them this is how we beat Rangers tonight. Warbs should have put the same video on and said this is how we don't play tonight someone did their planning, someone didn't imo.

You always look "poor" if you have a) to make all the play and b) play a team that simply thwarts you from doing that while trying to hit you on the counter. While you labour, they can smash all your hard work with the odd counter attack against a weak defence.

Hearts are no über-team, they hit us with bad goals at rather inopportune moments and we never got going. After the 2nd goal, they opened up and we simply found no way back into the game. But that was the 3rd or 4th of 22 games in which that happened this season. And you can go on and show me any team, whether Barca or Bayern who dont have such rubbish matches in their season. Which is not to say that we were up to our best standards in every other game. But we are not being mauled every other week either.

Sidenote, the Yahoo manager went because he had millions on his disposal and SHOULD have not been beaten like that. And while I am at it, yes, they are miles ahead, but shining they are not. Since December they won 7 of their 11 Premiership games by the odd goal. As MW essentialy pointed out, at times it just takes a bit of luck or more composure and the table would much differently. Not that the table should concern us too much, at least when it comes to the Scum.

We've scored 5 more goals this season than the side bottom of the league. There really is nothing left to defend.

We are not worse than last season , that's just stupid , we are playing much better m fitter teams , and yet we are sitting 2nd

I wish people would stop talking about us being 2nd as if it's something to be proud of. Particularly when the side behind us have a game in hand to go above us.

And we clearly are far worse than we were last season regardless of the opposition improving.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

Why are hearts not sitting 2nd then